Supra Forums banner

PHR 4" Complete Titanium Exhaust for Supra

33K views 118 replies 62 participants last post by  Biologist 
#1 ·
We have been testing the waters to see what demand could be on an item like this. We are close to pulling the trigger but the cost will be close to $2000 on a complete titanium cat back exhaust for the Supra. This will be fabricated in house using a muffler assembled and welded in house also out of titanium that is 5".

We are trying to get it around the $1800 mark but material cost will depend on that.

Please post all feedback on this and what interest you might have.

No pictures currently.

Thanks,
Joe

#2 ·
I have only one question why is this going to cost 400.00 more (roughly) then the garage Whifbitz 4 inch Ti exhaust? Not trying to start a fire either Joe just wondering that is all sir. Also I think people would buy it if the exhaust was not only functional, but had some style to it. Most American exhausts perform amazingly, but aren’t exactly the best to look at ETS, BL, etc. Is there a way to maybe make them look more like our Japanese friends HKS, GReddy, AMUSE etc. (meaning the muffler have a little more stylish design to it.

Ryan,

#4 · (Edited)
I personally only know the quality factor of the Amuse. Never heard (sound wise) or seen the ETS / Whifbitz Exhaust so cant critique them but when calculating material, labor and time to actually roll the muffler, build the inner baffling and sound deadening inside. Its going to be based on what all we have into it. Im just throwing out a figure to see if there's interest. We will want to be competitive to some degree but in other ways we will have a product unique in itself and if we feel the product is worth selling and can get it to the retail customer at the best value possible for what you are getting.

We will have the burnt coloration finish like amuse pending how aggressive you want it. Our target is to have something that has the clean jdm feel as amuse would.

People don't have a problem paying for amuse which before the currency change was $2600 because its Amuse and the quality is nice. I don't feel that someone wont pay 2k for ours if the quality is there. Which we will always make sure of or just not sell it.

PHR has a name for having some of the nicest products for the Supra and will always carry that weight and push it to the next level of perfection.

Boost logic Turbo kit is cheaper than PHR but we feel, with the extra items and quality you get in our kit and not on a smaller budget and want higher quality then that's what our kit is here for.

Our products aren't for everyone but we try to put it in a price point that at least for the quality difference you can justify spending the extra coin to get the next step up!

Thanks,
Joe

#6 ·

Joe,

This is the Garage Whifbitz 4 inch exhaust, which appears to be an exact copy of the HKS ti, only in complete Titanium instead of the stainless exhaust piping. MVP has it for $1427.00 plus $225.00 shipping. The Whifbitz exhaust is pretty nice. I've had pretty much every 4 inch exhaust made for the Supra and the sound of the HKS ti can't be beat. That is probably the most important part, that and the overall quality.

Steve

#8 ·
There is a reason why "Black Friday" do so well. More supra owners will pay for a great product if they believe they are getting it at a great price. There will be a much better profit margine if more people buy the product vice selling only a small number to a slect few owners. Notice how fast use parts are sold on here because of the reduction in price.

#10 · (Edited)
You've been coming out with some great new products lately. From a simple cost stand point im sure a few would buy, but most wouldnt. I know your quality is top notch but to me 2k$ for a slightly lighter/rare version of something i can get for 1/2 the cost and does its job the same is pointless. Sure if I was some crazy loaded lotto winner or a doctor id buy it. I think making subframe-connectors/under car bracing would be a project with better returns. Include some sort of option to put flat panels on bottom the car for better aerodynamics. no point in using titanium for the bracing though.

Since you seem to like your titanium lately... how about a titanium turbo inlet/intake pipe, with some nice blueing from heat ? thatd be a lot cheaper material and labor wise. Not to mention in plain site when the hood is popped so show car people would go for it as well. Id be down for one of those.

#13 ·
Agreed I would still buy one if it was below the 1800 mark. I just purchased a HKS carbon TI a few months back and was kinda dissapointed in the quality.

#27 ·
Are you sure it is a genuine HKS piece? I have the Carbon ti on my red car and it is typical HKS (high) quality.

Joe, the idea I like best is the 4-inch titanium piping with the 4-inch HKS Racing Titanium muffler. Developing your own in-house muffler, and manufacturing it seems like it, would add certain costs that could be effectively minimized somewhat if all you're doing is joining your ti piping with the HKS muffler.

Ken.

#19 ·
I second the 4 inch intake pipe!

#20 ·
Yeah im diggin the intake/upper rad pipe idea. Possibly even a Ti water neck as well. All matching complete w/ burnt finish. Ive seen lots of great engine bays lately with many innovative ideas and Ti would b nothinig short of that. Keep up the fast pace PHR!!

#30 ·
The titanium exhaust piping would be great. I was just thinking that for those who wanted a quieter exhaust (such as myself), they can take this piping and join it to a muffler of their choice...such as maybe the HKS Super Dragger which is already a pretty quiet exhaust...Darshana S...

#31 ·
the reason this would be more than the HKS TI kit is because it uses stainless steel piping instead of titanium. has anyone here checked into availability and price of 4" titanium piping? you'd be looking at 8 dollars+ per INCH and thats if you can find a supplier to do a low volume (under 1000 ft)

#36 ·
^^Jim,

If my memory is correct (much doubt about that!), I remember the Racing Titanium and Carbon ti mufflers being available separately. The original PHR turbo kits included HKS exhaust manifolds so, because HKS and PHR have done this kind of thing in the past, and if the Racing Titanium muffler is available separately, I thought it might be possible to repeat on the titanium exhaust side the same experience HKS and PHR had with HKS exhaust manifolds. I also thought HKS might favorably consider this, even if the mufflers are not currently available separately, because it would seem to be a promising business proposition and a way for HKS to keep at least one foot in the USDM.

Ken.

#38 ·
The carbon muffler can be purchased separately but its the smaller 75mm piping which defeats the plan. You can not buy the 4' Ti muffler on its own according to HKS.

I personally called EVERY vendor looking for a Ti kit the week before BF sales went on the only vendor who had one was MVP and dusty was holding out for the 19xx.xx asking price for the two he had in stock... Every vendor claimed they could be ordered but so far not one has come through. The closing of HKS USA has killed the supply and has skyrocketed demand and pricing.

I'm considering going with the Garage Whifblitz unit, they can be had for 1600.00 shipped to the USA through either Dusty or directly through Whifblitz, I've talked to them a few times. The only downside in my opinion is the Whifblitz does not come with a silencer... Which is a new priority for me so I can idle my car for allotments of time without pissing off the entire community.

MVP mentioned a project very similar to this using Greddy to produce an HKS replacement out of 100% ti... Not sure when that might come to life or if its more like the C's copy...

#46 ·
custom made. last time i had some TI vband flanges cut, they were 150 a piece for ONE flange in 3" dia. there is a reason TI parts are expensive, its not that people are simply charging big $ to make profits, the materials is very difficult to source, hard to work with and VERY expensive.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.