PHR 4" Complete Titanium Exhaust for Supra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PHR 4" Complete Titanium Exhaust for Supra

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1137 View Post
    I think you have some good ideas here. I would consider buying a 4 inch titanium intake as well, it would compliment the new PHR titanium upper radiator pipe very well. Even consider selling both together as a package deal? Thats something I myself would highly consider. the Supra community I think also needs an alternative to the Do-Luck bar. The one that supposedly keeps the car more ridgid with the Targa off. This seems like a relatively low cost product to manufacture, and I know for a fact there is alot of interest in it.
    I agree i just dished out 540 bucks for one of these!!! I didntw ant to but i was told it is the only thing that will keep the car from feeling "loose" when driving with the targa off.
    "The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten"

Daily driver: 2010 ACURA TSX
    Weekend Warrior: 95 Alpine Silver N/A targa top 5 speed

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rscott22 View Post
    Agreed I would still buy one if it was below the 1800 mark. I just purchased a HKS carbon TI a few months back and was kinda dissapointed in the quality.
    Are you sure it is a genuine HKS piece? I have the Carbon ti on my red car and it is typical HKS (high) quality.

Joe, the idea I like best is the 4-inch titanium piping with the 4-inch HKS Racing Titanium muffler. Developing your own in-house muffler, and manufacturing it seems like it, would add certain costs that could be effectively minimized somewhat if all you're doing is joining your ti piping with the HKS muffler.

Ken.
    www.sp-power.com
    HKS 3.4L: 1110 all-boost whp/839 lb-ft @ 2.6KG/CM^2
    1994 "SP ENGINEERING" TWIN HKS GT3240 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

1985 P-Type Celica Supra 5MT
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo Hard Top (BPU)
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2007 Lexus IS 350
    2010 Lexus IS-F

I would like the pipe with the hks muffler as well
    Quote Originally Posted by SDstreetracer View Post
    Ok, let me get this straight. You claim to have made 950 on pump gas with blitz twins with your own tuning. You then post proof of this by putting up pictures of 2 titles, a few grenades, some guns and an ironman DVD.

Can the HKS titanium muffler even be purchased separately?
    1995 N/A-T hardtop - s366 / BL 4" titanium / SP ffim / AEM v1 / WORK XD-9 / Tein Flex / HKS / TiAL / TRD / APR / Cusco /
    2014 BRZ limited 6mt - Greddy SP Elite / KW v1 / Enkei Raijin / HKS / STI / Perrin

Wholesome creamy goodness Supraman16's Avatar
    The titanium exhaust piping would be great. I was just thinking that for those who wanted a quieter exhaust (such as myself), they can take this piping and join it to a muffler of their choice...such as maybe the HKS Super Dragger which is already a pretty quiet exhaust...Darshana S...
    2008 Star Fire Pearl Lexus IS-F
    1997 Custom Pearl White Supra TT BPU+++

the reason this would be more than the HKS TI kit is because it uses stainless steel piping instead of titanium. has anyone here checked into availability and price of 4" titanium piping? you'd be looking at 8 dollars+ per INCH and thats if you can find a supplier to do a low volume (under 1000 ft)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianMKIV View Post
    the reason this would be more than the HKS TI kit is because it uses stainless steel piping instead of titanium. has anyone here checked into availability and price of 4" titanium piping? you'd be looking at 8 dollars+ per INCH and thats if you can find a supplier to do a low volume (under 1000 ft)
    Nope. The reason the HKS Ti is so expensive is due to HKS USA closing and the Yen rate being so horrid. 78 yen/$1.00.

Steve K.

1993.5 Anthracite 6 SPD // PRO EFI // PTE6766 // 3-Row // E-85 Fuel Sys // PHR I/M // GSC // CP 10/1 motor // Manley // RPS C/C // CCW C14 // Brembo BBK // TRD LSD

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rm64 View Post
    Joe,

Is this an option?
    yea what he said^^

Quote Originally Posted by richer_28@hotmail.com View Post
    yea what he said^^
    im 2 days into finding 4" titanium that isnt military grade. :X

Its been hard so far and no luck.

Everything is military grade around here and is 200-300 per ft.

We are by one of the largest military facilities for unique military weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by KenHenderson View Post
    Are you sure it is a genuine HKS piece? I have the Carbon ti on my red car and it is typical HKS (high) quality.

Joe, the idea I like best is the 4-inch titanium piping with the 4-inch HKS Racing Titanium muffler. Developing your own in-house muffler, and manufacturing it seems like it, would add certain costs that could be effectively minimized somewhat if all you're doing is joining your ti piping with the HKS muffler.

Ken.
    Ken, how do you buy the HKS racing titanium muffler separately? I'm assuming the muffler is solely what gives the HKS titanium full exhausts it's unique sound. I miss it on my red supra so was thinking I'd make it possible to swap back and forth between my TRD gen 2 muffler and the HKS racing titanium muffler through some fab work and vbands, but I didn't want to have to buy the full HKS exhaust just to get the muffler. So, if you know how to just get the muffler, that would be cool.
    XCELR8
    '95 Supra TT: 6 Speed, lime/blue, APU; Vegas 2004 Best of Show (Wild), Best Interior, Best Engine Bay, Best ICE
    '94 Supra TT: 4L80E Auto, Red, APU; Vegas 2007 Best Exterior Stock, Best Interior, 2JZ-GTE Wild Turbo Dyno Winner, Vegas 2008 Best Interior
    '08 Tundra: Crewmax Limited, 5.7L V8, 6-Speed Auto, '07 Camry: XLE, 3.5L V6, 6-Speed Auto

^^Jim,

If my memory is correct (much doubt about that!), I remember the Racing Titanium and Carbon ti mufflers being available separately. The original PHR turbo kits included HKS exhaust manifolds so, because HKS and PHR have done this kind of thing in the past, and if the Racing Titanium muffler is available separately, I thought it might be possible to repeat on the titanium exhaust side the same experience HKS and PHR had with HKS exhaust manifolds. I also thought HKS might favorably consider this, even if the mufflers are not currently available separately, because it would seem to be a promising business proposition and a way for HKS to keep at least one foot in the USDM.

Ken.

I'm down for some 4" titanium piping to mate to my HKS muffler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    The carbon muffler can be purchased separately but its the smaller 75mm piping which defeats the plan. You can not buy the 4' Ti muffler on its own according to HKS.

I personally called EVERY vendor looking for a Ti kit the week before BF sales went on the only vendor who had one was MVP and dusty was holding out for the 19xx.xx asking price for the two he had in stock... Every vendor claimed they could be ordered but so far not one has come through. The closing of HKS USA has killed the supply and has skyrocketed demand and pricing.

I'm considering going with the Garage Whifblitz unit, they can be had for 1600.00 shipped to the USA through either Dusty or directly through Whifblitz, I've talked to them a few times. The only downside in my opinion is the Whifblitz does not come with a silencer... Which is a new priority for me so I can idle my car for allotments of time without pissing off the entire community.

MVP mentioned a project very similar to this using Greddy to produce an HKS replacement out of 100% ti... Not sure when that might come to life or if its more like the C's copy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeatPHR View Post
    im 2 days into finding 4" titanium that isnt military grade. :X

Its been hard so far and no luck.

Everything is military grade around here and is 200-300 per ft.

We are by one of the largest military facilities for unique military weapons.
    Joe - PM me - I can get you ANY TI-material you need ... for a LOT cheaper ... aerospace grade

SF Contributing Member
    ^ now we're talking!
    How about a 5" intake pipe?

06 Tacoma - sold
    10 Land Rover LR4 HSE
    97 TT Supra - GTX4202R 863whp 756wtq
    90 Castrol Celica Alltrac race car 600awhp 572awtq
    92 Toyota Pickup Lexus 1UZFE M90 supercharged build link:
    http://www.yotatech.com/f199/yota-3-...thread-207660/

Quote Originally Posted by KenHenderson View Post

Ken.
    Yes, it's genuine bought directly through MVP motorsports and the muffler looked nice but the rest of the welds looked sloppy to me.

I'd be interested in the Ti pipe to hook up with the HKS Ti muffler - particularly a large pipe given an oval profile to have the same clearance as 4".

What is the availability of flanges to weld onto Ti pipes this size though?

Quote Originally Posted by rscott22 View Post
    Yes, it's genuine bought directly through MVP motorsports and the muffler looked nice but the rest of the welds looked sloppy to me.
    Got mine also from Dusty, and the above were my exact thoughts when I unwrapped the exhaust.
    The muffler is very well done, but the 4" pipe is just MIG welded together and not what I was familiar with HKS products.
    At least i have to say the fitment was great.

Bear in mind that it'll be no easy task adding a muffler to TI tubing later if you find your car to loud one day ... I'll be adding an additional muffler to the 4" tubing for that reason and I'm very lucky about the fact that it's "only" stainless steel and i can TIG weld it myself without all the hazzles of evacuating when doing Ti ...

im in for a Ti pipe for my HKS
    1998 Black Targa - Dynosaur Built 3.0L - V161 - BEP S374DB - QSV HDTi - FlexFuel ProEFI

I don't fuck around...but when I do, I don't fuck around!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    The carbon muffler can be purchased separately but its the smaller 75mm piping which defeats the plan. You can not buy the 4' Ti muffler on its own according to HKS.

I personally called EVERY vendor looking for a Ti kit the week before BF sales went on the only vendor who had one was MVP and dusty was holding out for the 19xx.xx asking price for the two he had in stock... Every vendor claimed they could be ordered but so far not one has come through. The closing of HKS USA has killed the supply and has skyrocketed demand and pricing.

I'm considering going with the Garage Whifblitz unit, they can be had for 1600.00 shipped to the USA through either Dusty or directly through Whifblitz, I've talked to them a few times. The only downside in my opinion is the Whifblitz does not come with a silencer... Which is a new priority for me so I can idle my car for allotments of time without pissing off the entire community.

MVP mentioned a project very similar to this using Greddy to produce an HKS replacement out of 100% ti... Not sure when that might come to life or if its more like the C's copy...
    You can have any exhaust shop make you a silencer. They are pretty easy to construct. The Whifbitz looks nice.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by quick_dry View Post
    I'd be interested in the Ti pipe to hook up with the HKS Ti muffler - particularly a large pipe given an oval profile to have the same clearance as 4".

custom made. last time i had some TI vband flanges cut, they were 150 a piece for ONE flange in 3" dia. there is a reason TI parts are expensive, its not that people are simply charging big $ to make profits, the materials is very difficult to source, hard to work with and VERY expensive.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaotikgood View Post
    im in for a Ti pipe for my HKS
    I would also be interested in this.
    1993.5 Anthracite

It was a long time ago, but here is Dusty saying he could get the HKS Racing Titanium muffler by itself: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...Ti-4in-muffler.

Ken.

The good news about doing the 4" piping in Ti separately, is it's ease to mount to the Racing Ti exhaust due to the "slip on style" via the 2 tension springs. This should be a relatively easy, straight forward contruction I would think for those as myself interested minus the exhaust. Seems to be lots of interest thus far, pending cost.

Not to go off-topic but 4" piping mated to a Carbon Ti (Mk4 app, not the 75mm universal canister) is just so beautiful to hear on/off throttle, especially with cams. It just howls and gives off a real distinctive pleasure note.
    ///

ALPINE 6spd BPU
    BLACK 6spd SP71-APU J. Nenni Tunned
    BLACK SC/GTE BL62-APU BUILT R154 4"DP/MP dual APEXI'S - SOLD
    E-AMG Daily

Quote Originally Posted by quick_dry View Post

Would have to be CNC cut.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast