1jz twin turbo upgrade c12a w/ t25 steel wheels high flowed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1jz twin turbo upgrade c12a w/ t25 steel wheels high flowed

1jz twin turbo upgrade c12a w/ t25 steel wheels high flowed

i have recently purchased a 1992 sc300 with a 1jzgte non vvti swap with all bolt on upgrades and also rebuilt turbos .

specs on turbos ( so im told ) c12a turbos that where rebuilt and high flowed but instead of having high flow c12a wheels it has t25 steel wheels.

my question is how much hp can i push out on these turbos and how much boost can i run max . i have been searching for days and days on information and have come up dry. i am a 240 guy gone toyota so i expect someone to have a smart remark i just need opinions and help!

*** do not dog on car at most i do a 2nd gear acc. into boost and short shift around 6500 to be safe . never run it from a digg simply becouse i feel like ill shatter the trans

my setup:
    greddy 4 row intercooler
    factory injectors
    safc II with conservative tune ( 291.8whp on 10psi) Afr in. Boost 10.5
    3in turbo y pipe
    3in downpipe
    3.5in hks supperdrager
    c12a ( high flowed, t25 steel wheels )
    tt supra fuel pump
    w58 trans

upgrades being put on within the week for raised boost level:
    greddy bcc
    jdm 2jzgte 440cc injectors
    hallman mbc

with these mods what sort of power levels could i be looking at . i know these are kind of obvious questions to a extent but i am new to this whole setup ( came from the 240 family the rb25 swap ) so im just trying to find answers
    Last edited by tylerdunevant; 03-26-2012 at 03:47 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    If you have a 1j with r154 trans there is no reason to drive it like a pussy. beat the shit out of that thing and have some fun.

As for boost i would say keep it under 20 psi, but with 440 injectors keep it around 14psi. just tune the highest boost you can with keeping decent afr and you should be good. who cares what numbers you actually make, it will be a damn fun setup.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdunevant View Post
    my setup:

w58 trans

upgrades being put on within the week for raised boost level:
    greddy mbc
    hallman mbc

Just wondering... Why are you putting to MBC'S on...
    Quote Originally Posted by vCo2v View Post
    Yeah I'm going to go ahead and attempt the yanking of a lifetime tonight.
    89' Mk3 White Package,1jz ,stock twins, Hks SSQV, Dm Inter-cooler kit, Walbro 255lph, AEM Trueboost, AEM Wideband o2, Greddy Sp exhaust, Apexi Safc, Full Led light Resto. Recaro interior
    91 Mk3 Rhd 1jz swap donor Parted and sold
    88' Mk3 Parts car/parted out R.I.P.
    86.5 MK3 7mge na monster SOLD

I ment boost cut controller

How much boost could I safely push on the steel wheel c12a with t25 internals

SupraForums Member SupraMedical68's Avatar
    Very few 1JZ owners out there have rebuilt/upgraded c12a twins, the popular trend always seems be using a single setup. I doubt you be able to hear much feedback from people with first hand experience.

That said, the setup should able to get you easily within 80% of the 440s duty cycle and should at least get you 350whp. It's just a matter of figuring out how many pounds you'll need.

My question is, 350+ at the wheels how long is that w58 going tolerate the abuse? You may really want to line up a r154 setup just in case...
    1990 Supra - 1JZ-GTE, single turbo
    1994 Supra TT
    1995 SC300 - 2JZ-GTE

SupraForums Member SupraMedical68's Avatar
    Btw, don't quote me on this but IIRC you should to get at least 18 pounds on your twins as long as the rebuild is in good shape.

Personally, my 20 year old seals and crappy ceramic compressor wheels didn't even like stock boost for long. Hope that helps..

well for starters ,my car is running at the moment :
    factory injectors
    factory sc300 fuel pump
    factory fuel pressure.
    the tune on it know at a conservative setup is makin 291.8whp and roughly 275wtq. and that is running rich.

i was told by previous owner it is a setup on the car capable of 400+whp. as long as the 440cc injectors and bosch 044 pump were added and the boost was cranked up!

but my concern is when will the turbos reach max power where it starts just sucking in hot air and stops doing its job becouse my tune will revolve around the maximum amount of boost i am aloud to run on the 440cc injectors before turbos are maed.

if the setup isnt capable of my power goals i am planning on selling the twin setup and buying a t4 gt35r kit becouse my goal is to hit close to 500whp with 264 cams

Postcount ≠ Intelligence AlterEgo's Avatar
    Well, if its any consolation, I put down 450 ft. lbs. of torque through a W58 for over a year in my daily. The W58 does not like to be dogged on. Burn outs and hard launches are what breaks these transmissions in my experience. With that said, given you have the proper supposting modifications, those t25 turbos theoretically should have no problem hitting the 500 rwhp mark. Search for Stu Hagen on the forums for expectations on upgraded twins. His was on a 2jz so take that into account for your 1jz. There's just not enough of us running around with upgraded ct12a twins.

Edit: Your factory fuel system is a limiting factor regardless of whether you go single 35r or stick with your twins. I would suggest investing in some USDM 550s with a resistor pack, you already have a Denso TT fuel pump. Max out those twins to their full potential. Also, your W58 will eventually explode. Look into going R154 soon.
    Last edited by AlterEgo; 04-04-2012 at 05:10 AM.
    1990 Toyota Supra TT - 1JZ-GTE
    1999 Lexus GS300 - 2JZ-GTE VVT-i

^ i decided im going to sell the twins becouse i have just perchased a top mount 35r kit for cheap from a buddy. and i am curren5tly looking for usdm 550cc injectors for my caar if anyone has a set for sale! also starting a build thread for my new sc400

How much boost could I safely push on the steel wheel c12a with t25 internals
    No more than 18 pounds.

^ i decided im going to sell the twins becouse i have just perchased a top mount 35r kit for cheap from a buddy. and i am curren5tly looking for usdm 550cc injectors for my caar if anyone has a set for sale! also starting a build thread for my new sc400
    tyler, look in the for sale section in the MKIV area or the search engine. i have seen alot of people selling 550's for around $100 shipped. i wouldnt pay much more than that personally. if you have no luck, text me, i should be able to find you a set since ive seen a dozen of them for sale lol
    Last edited by bales95supra; 04-11-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    Your signature was too big. It has been deleted. Please follow forum rules.

35r going on stat lol find me some 550cc injectors bales

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text