Supra Forums banner

2jzge sputters???

4K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  93supra808 
#1 ·
ok, here's the deal. whenever the car is cold it idles fine, will cruise fine and WOT is a blast. Once it warms up the idle and WOT is still fine, the only thing that changes is the cruise/off idle rpm. As soon as it warms up it starts to sputter under light throttle or anything above idle. When it sputters it goes hella lean (like 16+).

Things i've checked:

vacuum is good
timing is right
dizzy is good, cap and rotor are good
maf is good
ecu has been swapped and same problem
coil is good, new plugs
injectors ohm out no more than 14.5 when hot (will be swapping to a set of injectors that ohm out to 14.1-14.2 when cold tomorrow)
stock o2 sensors are fine
has an safc but i took the safc out of the loop and still has the issue

the only thing i haven't checked/changed is the TPS. this only happens when the ecu comes off warm up and the afr levels out to 14.5-15.3. this started the other day when on my way to work in the morning.

Car is all stock usdm 2jzge with no y pipe cat and a straight exhaust

working on getting a youtube video uploaded

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Check coolant temp sensor yet?

Note: I just clicked on video, doesn't seem like it's the coolant temp sensor.

#6 ·
well, car runs like crap again. this time it's random and its only at any throttle above 30%, but this is only when it decides to act up.

i changed out the tps and set it and the issue is still there, i'm at the point that i have no idea whats going on or why...need help

#8 ·
try changing the coil with a known good one. trust me it may seem fine but mine did the exact same for a while till i said fuck it and start powering through the sputters racin and one day i went to tear a v6 mustang with dual pipes ass an i got out of first it sputtered harder than ever barely goin for a mile then just went pop and died. new coil fired right up and no problems since, hope this help

#13 ·
Could be the ecu is starting to go... Try slave another in to be sure, run for a week abd see if it still does it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.