Supra Forums banner

Best way to widen rear fenders 1" ?

12K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  richer_28@hotmail.com 
#1 ·
I'm looking to extend my supra's rear fender approx 1".

I thought about having the fenders pulled but I'm not sure if this is the best look. Maybe just cutting the whole fender off and use some metal + welding? but then again that may cost quite a bit.

Just looking for some options , cheers

#2 ·
I believe there are some people that have rolled and pulled fenders up to 1.5", so 1" should be no problem. Just don't expect your paint on the fenders to hold up to that much stretching, it will prob. crack and chip and have to be repainted..
I tried this process myself on a car other than my supras and I would never do it again. I would wait until your ready to paint your whole car and have it done then by a professional body shop. Cutting and welding on to the fender would be for someone looking to go much wider than 1".

#3 ·
^Heating the paint helps with the cracking but I am sure you knew that. Its not 100% effective depending on the paint however.

#5 ·
It's a bodyshop shop procedure, NOT fender rolled w/o effects to the paint regardless of heating it up. Don't need additional fender metal or overlay arches but that would be your call on the look you are going for in the end.

#6 ·
I don't care about the paint the whole car is getting repainted

I guess if its just 1" I'll get it pulled my only concern thought is how the fender arch has this shape line going accross It. I just wanna make it look natural or not some shitty pull job like guys do on 240sx.

#7 ·
I would have a good body shop do it they won't charge much for it as it only takes a couple hours with the right tools

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.