Supra Forums banner

Correct Wheel Offset Size for Varrstoen on Supra MKIV

52K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  SlackJawOutlaw 
#1 ·
Hi guys, im buying new wheels I'm choosing 18" Varrstoen 2.2.1 Matte Black

http://www.varrstoen.com.au/shop/2-2-1-wheels/2-2-1-rims-wheels-18i

I need to choose offsets but I'm not sure what will fit correctly and the last thing I want to do is end up with useless wheels laying around and having to resell them.

so just asking the experts

The Selection is
Front: 18x9.5
Rear: 18x10.5

offsets available: 12, 15, 22, 30, 34

Any of the wheel experts know what offset is best suited for those wheels and what will fit correctly?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

See less See more
#8 ·
I can't give you a complete answer but this comparison might help you since I have 18" X 9.5"F and 10.5"R, both +45 offset and with no fender mods the widest tires I could fit without any contact or interference of any kind was 265/35F and 285/35R. With the +34 offset your wheels will stick outward from the fender another 11mm further than mine. So if you are willing to roll the front and back fenders (mine now have the lips cut off due to my wider CCW wheels in sig below) that should give you the clearance you need for the tire sizes I use. If you're willing to run more camber and/or maybe pull the fenders a bit, even the +30's can probably be made to fit but that type of fitment is not for me so I can't say for sure.

#9 ·
I wouldn't recommend those offsets at all. If you do buy the wheels, your best bet would be the +34mm offset with a 255/35R18 front and 285/30R18 rear.

The 255/35R18 will have better clearance than the 245/40R18 due to the height of the tire.

You may want to go with a 285/35R18 rear tire, as it will give you better straight line traction, but you may not like the looks of having 1" taller rear tire.

With the sizes above, you will have to roll/cut your rear fender lip.

Later, Steve

#10 ·
would it be okay if i was to go 245/35R18 Front and 265/30R/18 Rear, because my supra is only a SZ-R at the moment gutless and being a street car for the moment? *shy face*

As long as the tyres remain in the 30-35 height ill be okay for clearance?

#15 · (Edited)
Here are my Old (now discontiuned in this offset) TE37s in 19x10.5 +35 with a 275/35 tire:

Fronts were 8.5 +22 as those were the only ones I can find with a slight concave that still fit.

Here are 19X10.5 +22 with the same tire: (sorry for the crappy pics) These looked the best IMO, but I would have had to put on a smaller tire which was no bueno.

9.5+22:

Go here to put in your sizes then compare....

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

PD

#19 · (Edited)
I haven't even read the replies in this thread but here is what I can tell you...

The back spacing of the rim will hit the Twin Turbo calipers.
So basically Varrstoen wheels do not fit the Supra.
The only offset that clears the Twin Turbo brakes is +12.

Even with a +22 (the Varrstoen model I have clear TT brakes), I still was required to custom pull my front and rear fenders a lot (about 20-25mm).

Also even though Varrstoen has those offsets listed, they rarely will have them available, or pretty much never.
They mostly over the +12 or +22 offset.

If you have the smaller 2/1 pot brakes, then the +22 will fit but you will still need to run smaller/streched tires.

Fyi I run 255/35 19x9.5 +22 front
and 285/30 19x10.5 +22 rear

#20 ·
Just buy correct offsets and be done with it, a 9.5" wheel deserves atleast a 265, and a 10.5" deserves at absolute minimum a 285. Any smaller, and sorry to the ones who have done it, look like vdub stretched tire shit. If the widest part of your tire is where it contacts the rim, it looks like shit. Period. Sorry a nice looking supra still can't pull that stretched shit off.
If the wheel you want doesn't have the correct offsets, don't modify your car to make them fit. Modify your taste and do it right.
Stretched tire = ANY tire that the widest part is where it contacts the rim

#36 ·
Varrstoen is actually a good quality wheel. I've yet to see anyone complain about them.
I've seen them being used on exotics and other tracks cars overseas, as well as some 9 second GTR's in the States.
So It's a good alternative if you don't want to spend 3-5k on rims.

but Varrstoen makes wheels for Nissan community mostly and so on, based on their offset offering.
So unless you have wider fenders, these sizes and offsets won't look good on a mk4. I've seen some stretched tire setups in person on MK4's and ruined the look of the car.

#37 ·
That's what I've found to be true too based on info I've gather on other forums. The info I listed above from Varrstoen was without getting the fenders cut or rolled. If I got the fenders cut (which I'll probably do), then what sizes will keep it looking normal with nothing sticking out too aggressive or stretched and looking awkward? (Asked the same question to Varr and waiting to hear back now...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.