Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Barton's Supra was STOLEN!!!

172K views 638 replies 324 participants last post by  94Silver 
#1 ·
Everyone in the community needs to spread this around as quickly as possible! Help get her car back and keep your eyes open for anything for sale that looks like it was hers.

Dee E.

#103 ·
This sucks!!!

#105 ·
Jessica's car is pretty well known in the Supra community. Therefore, whoever stole it will have a hard time selling or or parting it out! They must be either unfamiliar with Supras or plans on shipping it out of the country. My question is, why she let a car like that sit outside rather than in a garage?

#108 ·
This really does suck. It's a horrible feeling to walk out and your car is not where you left it. Especially a car of that caliber. Best of luck on the search.
PS. Fuck thieves.

#111 ·
Sorry to hear about this I just heard about it on FB... I know ghey ohnoes:

We've had a growing trend of trailers/cars stolen in the PNW lately.
A few of those at drift events. Ash holes.

Pisses me off when family and friends dont take me serious and get pissed when I dont want to take my projecct cars to the mall... or just generally leave them out of eyeshot. Yea thats what I want to do. Put 100's and 1000's of hours of blood, sweat and tears into my ride and leave it at a breeding ground for low life punks and car prowlers.

#115 ·
No parts list so we know what to look for?... Or are yall expecting it to be sold 'as is'? One of the few cars running a 8891 as well, but no details on that? Seems weird. If my car was stolen, first thing with the list would be parts to look out for. Anywho, sorry about your loss.

#116 ·
A car like that with no GPS tracking......That's just asking for trouble....really sucks... Plasma cutter probably had its way with that car already... Look for parts out of state, doubt they going to sell parts in Florida, or the whole car got shipped out.......Good Luck

#117 ·
Bah, it's probably a publicity stunt leading up to Texas 2k13 and I'm stickin to that until 2k13 IF what that guy said about the FB message is true. If she had the advanced keys remote entry/start or even an immobilizer, that would have gone a long way in deterring that "theft." Lots of simple ways this could have been avoided, IF it's true. Fraud happens every day too; rich people, poor people, poor people who spend to look rich, doesn't matter. It's not impossible just because she's pretty. I'll bet there's plenty of sexy fraudsters out there. Either way, it's insured and if she has a spare GTR to drive, I think she'll be just fine.

#122 ·
^Well she's a girl with lots of obvious haters so posting something here is like adding insult to injury.

Anyways when a thief really wants something, watching it everyday for years on end until the opportunity presents itself is the name of the game. Horrible.

Makes you think though about satelite gps tracking if weather clouds, rural areas or underground parking can somewhat hinder signals to locate. I mean find my iphone and satelite tv aint perfect (different satelite, I know) but how does this compare for cars, anyone?

#130 · (Edited)
kes you think though about satelite gps tracking if weather clouds, rural areas or underground parking can somewhat hinder signals to locate. I mean find my iphone and satelite tv aint perfect (different satelite, I know) but how does this compare for cars, anyone?
lots of GPS can include a breadcrumb trail so you can log in to some system and view where the gps has been. the car pings the system every couple/few seconds (depends on battery, etc, more pings = more battery) and you can just connect the dots to see where it is. youd be able to track it up until it went out of reception, etc. but maybe if it popped back in it would update all the last pings.

lojack is ancient garbage in my opinion. nowadays you can hardwire an old smartphone into your vehicle electrical or a secret dedicated battery and have an app on the phone that does all kinds of nasty GPS biddings.

all you need is a few hours really. once they jack the car if the battery in your gps unit is anywhere near fully charged there should be a VERY detailed breadcrumb as to where the car went. you can just phone the police or issue some street justice yourself and go dexter on the person and get your car back.

#123 ·
Jessica nor Darin are the type of people to do "insurance fraud". I doubt she/he has full coverage on the car, since it sees the track. What amazes me most are the negative remarks being made, when there should be support. I spoke to Jessica today and by no means is this a joke. She is very upset and asking for help to locate the car. Lets do our part regardless of ones personal feelings towards either of them and be supportive in a time of need. I am positve that either the car or a part of this car will eventually surface and when it does the people involved will be caught.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.