ProEFI Drive off Management

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ProEFI Drive off Management

www.spracingonline.com Sound Performance's Avatar
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

ProEFI Drive off Management

Just finished testing a new strategy to help assist with light flywheel and grabby clutches for easy drive off! The new strategy allows you to give the engine more throttle and let the ecu control the rpm as the clutch engages. This prevents rpm flair and extra clutch slip when driving off from a stop! The strategy also doubles as a variable rate two step launch control, the more throttle you give it, the higher the launch rpm (all calibratable of course). This allows you to have controlled and consistent aggressive launches without having to be on 'kill'.When the vehicle is stopped, and the two step is active, there is now a table based on throttle angle for setting the limiter, so for example….

The Limiter might be set like this….

Antilag active above 80% [ANTILAG]

0%_10%_20%_40%_ 50%_60%_70%_ 80%_100%

2000 2000 2000 2500 2500 3000 3500 4000 4500

This allows you to give additional throttle and let the ecu control the rpm to prevent over revving the engine and over slipping the clutch.

If you want more leave rpm, just give it additional throttle and the ecu will control the rpm based on how much throttle, once you get above your Antilag trigger point, the ecu will kick in to antilag mode and target boost like normal!

Jason Siebels

Professional EFI Systems Inc.

7756 E. Greenway Rd Suite#100

Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Phone# 480-607-4968

Fax# 480-998-2921
    Last edited by Sound Performance; 12-11-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Sound Performance
    630-893-5002

DO NOT PM ME!!!

Email - XXSUPRAXX@AOL.COM
    Instant Messenger - XXSUPRAXX
    Text or Cell Phone - (630) 205-6690

SupraForums Member
    pair this with DBW cruise control and there's no reason to have the stock ECU doing anything.
    VQ38DETT with ProEFI128 on Twin 6262
    Corn Fed

What settings do I need to make it steer for me too?

But seriously, I can't wait to get my ProEFI and set it up! Hurry and ship ittttttt!
    1998 Quicksilver 6spd (11K miles)
    1998 IJM 6spd (21K miles) SOLD
    2003 Harley-Davidson F-150

My build thread: Click here!

SupraForums Member
    seems awesome will this work on dual and triple discs clutches ? some of them tend to be more grabby when hot.

SupraForums Member
    you will need to set you clutch pressure sensor to an ADC value that most generally correlates with the release point.

Quote Originally Posted by str8dum1 View Post
    you will need to set you clutch pressure sensor to an ADC value that most generally correlates with the release point.
    You still have to operate the clutch pedal. This is just holding rpm constant for you based off what your input TPS% is.
    Bob W.
    ProEFI New Setup PTE6466 w/QSV numbers soon....
    Quote Originally Posted by junkie414 View Post
    Being able to go rounds at local track events > internet bragging rights lol

SupraForums Member
    of course. but you cant change the release point set point on the fly if your clutch grabs at different pressure when warm. So you gotta set that for when the clutch is hot. Otherwise, you'll go back to main rev limit before your actually engage the clutch

The pressure won't change with temperature, once it's set...you can forget it! Doesn't matter how hot the clutch is, that is the beauty of using clutch pressure, once the fulcrum is past and the pressure starts to drop...the clutch is engaging!

So will this essentially allow you to engage the clutch without having to touch the gas pedal? Or is it the opposite, and it will limit engine rpm when given gas?

You still need to give it throttle, it just prevents the over rev, holds the rpm and as you add clutch, it automatically adds power as the clutch tries to pull the engine down.

Cool. Can't wait to try it out. Hurry up and ship my box to SP so they can ship it to me!

+ Reply to Thread