MoTeC M1 PNP Info/Features/Questions Thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: MoTeC M1 PNP Info/Features/Questions Thread

I blame the Midwest Sect.
    Temperature is not as important as pressure. Most do not run a temp sensor.

If you have an ethanol sensor, it has a temp sensor built in.
    '91 MR2 Turbo
    '93 RX7 9.97 @ 134 NA LSx
    '95 Supra Turbo Billet GT42-76 1050whp 9.60 @ 150
    Click here to enlarge

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Thanks for all the replies so far

Traction Control

I just remembered the Supra has a G Sensor from Factory , Setting up the Motec Traction control I was thinking of installing a G sensor from an EVO, determine the angle the car is at in relation to slippage

Do we have any information on the Supra G Sensor , I have the RZ model so the Linear version was Standard from what I have read

Where is it located , I presume you can hook into it via the ABS ECU, anybody using it?

SupraForums Member
    Are there any provisions for a Traction Control Light in the Package , I am currently using the Engine light

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Anybody running the PHR Ford IAC Adapter Kit for 2JZ-GTE
    https://www.powerhouseracing.com/pro...it-for-2jz-gte

Just purchased one to free up I/O , I am maxed out running all the OEM VSV's

An out of line 2J
    Quote Originally Posted by clodola View Post
    Are there any provisions for a Traction Control Light in the Package , I am currently using the Engine light
    I have the OEM Snow and TRAC buttons buttons being used to control Meth pump on/off and Traction Control on/off. The OEM lights on the dash are displayed when each system is activated. Believe one of the newer features was to flash the OEM light when the system is being used (I.E., the snow light is lit for circuit energized then starts flashing once pressure goes up and in use).

SupraForums Member
    Thanks! Good to know

SupraForums Member
    Took the car for a long run yesterday , the fuel pressure sensor is installed and setup ; maybe it is my imagination but the car fuel consumption is much better , I was getting 15/16 mpg , looks like I am back up in the low to mid 20's

Highly recommend installing the Fuel pressure sensor to make use of the VE fueling model

SupraForums Member
    Someeeee day I might make the switch to a M150. I work with and around Tony Palo all day and these ecu's. I just cant justify how advanced these ECU's are to control my basic ass Supra THATTTT much better than my Haltech to any noticeable major difference. Its a very primitive car with a lack of many features that the MOTEC's seem to really capitalize on like I see on the R35s.

i LOVE what the ecu is and does, but my old tractor car that I drive, I just cant justify making the switch on ecu's for.

I'm likely just being stubborn
    Last edited by WadeFab; 12-05-2016 at 06:11 AM.
    95 SE Hardtop. Full 6-spd GTE swap. Haltech Elite. Hypertune. FullRace turbo manifold. Built engine 10.1:1. GSC S2 cams. Stock head portwork. 1100whp. Garrett 7675 pegged out.
    10.5 @ 150MPH, 1/4mile on drag radials, 2.1 60ft (soft launch on my old 6766 turbo setup)
    180MPH Halfmile club on my old 6766 setup @ 860whp.
    195.4MPH Texas Halfmile club. 6-spd. 3L. 7675 on kill. #drivermod
    Welder/Fabricator @ T1 Race Development.

Quote Originally Posted by WadeFab View Post
    Someeeee day I might make the switch to a M150. I work with and around Tony Palo all day and these ecu's. I just cant justify how advanced these ECU's are to control my basic ass Supra THATTTT much better than my Haltech to any noticeable major difference. Its a very primitive car with a lack of many features that the MOTEC's seem to really capitalize on like I see on the R35s.

i LOVE what the ecu is and does, but my old tractor car that I drive, I just cant justify making the switch on ecu's for.

Oh just come join the crowd... You know you want to!
    Do more with less......

'95 Toyota Supra TT 6-spd Targa JRR/MoTeC M130 , AP 3.4L, SP F1, Tilton, Precision, Recaro, HKS ID, Boostlogic, PHR, ETS....
    My Build Thread

'16 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport
    '09 Dodge Ram 3500 QCLB Dually 6.7 CTD EFI Live by Anarchy
    '05 Toyota Camry XLE

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeFab View Post

WHEN you make the switch, go with a dbw throttle body too. I did a few years ago when m1 came out and im never looking back!
    94 Black TT 6spd car. (GODZIRA)
    Motec M1 DBW/ Built high comp. 3.0L. Built head. big turbo. Nitrous. Suspension mods

SupraForums Member
    yes, if i make the swap, I will do DBW!

SupraForums Member
    Anybody running fuel temperature sensor ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SupraForums Member
    What advantage if any "True VE airflow modeling" has over using a VE table or running a MAF?

SupraForums Member
    Running a Digital Hall Wheel Speed Sensor I presume you will loose OEM ABS and would need Bosch ABS M4 system to retain ABS with the digital sensor?

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsupra View Post
    What advantage if any "True VE airflow modeling" has over using a VE table or running a MAF?
    From Stephen @ Motec, orignally my mapper left out the Fuel pressure sensor so the ECU did not make use of "True VE airflow modeling", I asked what was the benefit as opposed to using the VE table

the use of fuel pressure in the VE model is a major part of the fuel volume calculation, as well as the Injector Differential Pressure calculation, so if you do not have a FP sensor, you need to make sure that the Fuel Pressure Default value is correct, and that the type of FPR that you are using is specified. If you use an FPR that has a non linear relation to the change in manifold pressure, I definitely would have a FP sensor installed.

Another area that catches people out is the Default value for the Fuel Temp, this can greatly effect the Lambda value if it is incorrect.

If the default fuel temp is higher than the actual fuel temp, then the car will run richer than aim, and vice versa, so you are better off to have it set at a higher than ambient temp than lower.

Stephen Dean
    MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
    Last edited by clodola; 01-19-2017 at 09:14 AM.

SupraForums Member
    Most ECU's you can use fuel pressure as an axis to map injector flow rate. Using the Injectors Pressure Differential as the axis, the base fuel pressure can be change while the engine is running and it would not make a difference since the ECU would alter the actual injector pulse to what is need it to maintain the desire AFR. With that said, any ECU that allows you to map against those axis will run "true VE airflow modelling"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text