Supra Forums banner

INDIANA supras....

73K views 473 replies 87 participants last post by  ajamessupra94 
#1 ·
I was talking to some people on a different thread that lived in lafayette and the surrounding areas.. We should get together sometime... i just got my supra back from the engine rebuild... im sorting out some more problems right now. .. but the car is drivable.. needs a little body work too..

Does anyone in this area have some knowledge of mkIII's? I need some help trouble shooting... i think i have a bad o2 sensor... and i need some help with a cold start injector time switch...

later

#102 ·
Hey Luke, I remember you, and thanks for the props.
You should have stuck around a little later at Steak N Shake, I was there shortly after you guys left. Maybe next time I'll have enough time to take you for a ride.

Tim

#103 · (Edited)
Sounds awesome :) . I had a feeling that all of us should have stuck around Steak and Shake even though the majority of the crew that was at Hooters left. The guy with the blue VR4 told me about how your car was spinning at 60 mph :eek: . Is your exhaust system a Tanabe Medallion exhaust? Well next time we all will stick around at the hangouts. Hopefully next time the weather won't be as cold as it was. Well I'll talk to ya lata. Take care

Luke

#107 ·
Up in Indy this past couple days for New Years, anyways, spotted silver MKIV in Greenwood at Circuit City, 96 or older, all clear signals front to back, and body kit (cant remember what type, just remember vs sides), anyways, a hell of a nice looking car, whats in that thing, I know its not stock by the FMIC, any one knows whose it was?

#108 ·
I've seen that Supe in Greenwood before. An older gentleman drives it. Maybe one of the locals will chime in. I am down in Evansville, but my sister lives in Fishers and I visit her from time to time. It seems like everytime I go up there though the weather is bad so I can't drive the Supe:(

Steve k.

#110 · (Edited)
The silver Supra you saw around Greenwood the week after Christmas
was mine. Just finished up the interior and stereo modifications.
The weather got nice and I just had to take it out and play with it a
little.
I've done a few mods to it, and currently it's in pieces in the garage
for the next round of engine compartment work. Guessing it is around
425 hp and when I finish with the work I'm in the middle of, I should
be around 500. I'm building it more for "show" than anything else.
The polish work on the turbo 1/2 of the engine will probably take
as much work as the polishing I did on the intake side.
You'll see it at the 'Suds' again this next summer, as well as at some
of the local car shows. Normally it sits next to my white 1975
Corvette convertible at car shows.
As for the "older gentlemen" remark;) , I guess next to you guys I
probably am. I've met both Tim and Eric and had the priviledge of
checking out their cars a little. My guess is I have been driving a Supra
for more years than most of you have been driving.(around 13 yrs.)
The advantage to age is that you are more settled in your financial
affairs and can throw outrageous amounts of money at your car,
although I don't pay any labor for the work. (I don't charge myself)
As my log in name states, this isn't my 1st Supra. But I have taken
more pleasure from this one than the others that I had previously.
As the guys I was talking to at Skillman said when I was picking up
parts for my girlfriends 3000GT, I'm the one no one knows about.

#111 ·
I didn't mean anything by it;) I saw your car at Suds once, it is sweet. Maybe I should have said more mature hehe.. Anyways, I look forward to meeting some of the Indy crew this year.

TTYL,

Steve K.

#112 ·
I took nothing bad from it. It seems like this thread has died since our exchange of information.
Hope it doesn't stay that way. I enjoy reading about who has seen what Supra and were.
I know of one other Alpine Silver 94 with a 6 speed. He lives up around Anderson, I believe.
I used to work with him, but I haven't seen his car in a long time. There used to be a White
MKIV here in Greenfield where I work, but I haven't seen it in 3 or 4 years.
I do know of Bob's White one, Tim and Erics. and there is a red one I see on a rare occasion
down around Franklin.

#113 ·
I posted a few pics of mine under the members rides section under the anthracite post so now everyone knows what my car looks like. If you see me don't hesitate to stop me and shoot the talk. I love to talk about cars and pretty much anything in general.

Steve K.

#115 ·
3inarow said:
The silver Supra you saw around Greenwood the week after Christmas
was mine. Just finished up the interior and stereo modifications.
The weather got nice and I just had to take it out and play with it a
little.
I've done a few mods to it, and currently it's in pieces in the garage
for the next round of engine compartment work. Guessing it is around
425 hp and when I finish with the work I'm in the middle of, I should
be around 500. I'm building it more for "show" than anything else.
The polish work on the turbo 1/2 of the engine will probably take
as much work as the polishing I did on the intake side.
You'll see it at the 'Suds' again this next summer, as well as at some
of the local car shows. Normally it sits next to my white 1975
Corvette convertible at car shows.
As for the "older gentlemen" remark;) , I guess next to you guys I
probably am. I've met both Tim and Eric and had the priviledge of
checking out their cars a little. My guess is I have been driving a Supra
for more years than most of you have been driving.(around 13 yrs.)
The advantage to age is that you are more settled in your financial
affairs and can throw outrageous amounts of money at your car,
although I don't pay any labor for the work. (I don't charge myself)
As my log in name states, this isn't my 1st Supra. But I have taken
more pleasure from this one than the others that I had previously.
As the guys I was talking to at Skillman said when I was picking up
parts for my girlfriends 3000GT, I'm the one no one knows about.

are u otherwise known as Super Bob? there is a guy around greenwood that has a black supra and a silver supra and both are big hp supras. i wasnt sure if you were him. just wondering

#116 ·
No, I'm not him. He runs in the white MKIV without the tail fin. I have the silver 94. I'm not running any where near the horsepower
he is.
Stopped by Beck to pick up parts and saw a black 94 Supra, N/A,
automatic with sport roof. Belongs to a Japanese guy who was checking
into parts. His interpreter told me he had only had it a few days. He
was on his way out so I didn't get much of a chance to talk with him.
I know a little Japanese, but not enough to carry on a detailed converstion.

#118 ·
I have a question 3inarow. If the white one you are talking about was an n/a, then thats mine. I bought it about a year and a half ago from someone up in Indy. Anyways, your car looks awesome. You have done a great job on it. So you do all the work yourself? (body and paint???) If so, you do a great job. A couple of questions? What type of wheels do you have? Also, what kit is that, all that I can remember are the i think vs sides, what is the front? Anyways, keep up the good work on the car!!

#119 ·
I must be mixing up white Supra's, or there are 2 very similar ones.
Supra Bob has a white 93 without a tailfin on it. He's making 600 to 700 HP.
I do my own work at home. I used to work in a body shop several years ago.
I haven't forgotten what I learned there. My only problem with painting
at home is I can't seem to keep the dirt down. I wet down walls and floor
but it still manages to come from somewhere. The other problem I have is
I'm never satisfied with my own work. It could always be better.
I'm running GT2's by SSR ( a division of BBS) 18x8 in front and 18x10 in rear. The ground kit is Veilside side and rear skirts. I'm looking
at front lips right now to determine what I want to do with it. I don't
want to go with an entire front bumper, so I'll find something that compliments
the side skirts.

G
#120 ·
HEY,
Hate to get off your who owns this and that supra chat . i just wanted to say hope to meet some of you supra guys later this year ..i live in Columbia City (just west of Ft wayne) ..

i have been in mr2 club for a long time but as of late the mr2 club in Indy and whole state is not in good shape ...so i have to branch out and meet other Toyota guys..

I own a white 1995 Celica GT-FOUR WRC straight from the motherland .. RHD and all the goodies .. i am still debating on doing a possible LHD conv but i will wait until car is towed home soon from Calgary ...I also just bought a real TRD spoiler for 94-99 celicas so car will have a Supra JR look to it .. i didn't buy to look like Supra just i felt it looks better then WRC extentions and stock wing .. OH if you want to know how i got on road/titles i will tell you guys in person ..

i have meet a lot of the ALL-TRAC guys in the area and they all can't wait to see and drive st205.. i sure some of you Supra guys will be curious to see it as well ..

i also own a V6 MR2 using a 00' Avalon motor and that car is still in need of a lot of body/paint work so who knows when it will be finished .

derek
94 V6 mr2
95 GT-four WRC
92 CELICA GT "the beater"
3 mk1 mr2's sold
6 mk2 mr2's sold or crushed
94 celica gt sold

#121 ·
ok good so ur the guy with the silver one. u have a nice supra. bob doesnt have a bad car cept HE CAN NOT DRIVE FOR NOTHING! a buddy of mine has raced him at the track and said bobn didnt even break 12s. imo that was sad for what he has. i also saw the white n/a the other day 2. it was weird. i saw one going down stop 11 only to see bob going down US 31 as i turned the corner. very very weird. anyways has anyone seen the vid of the black supra vs black stang? that supra gets it badly. my MKIII is blue. my Z is red.

#123 ·
Finished polish of aluminum turbo piping. Had to take it out and play
with it for an evening. Limited salt on the roads, and I couldn't resist.
True twin conversion has increased lag, but when it kicks in, I can't
keep it from breaking loose. Not sure if I like the exhaust note, but
I can probably get used to it.

#125 ·
Hey, if any of you guys want to hang out, there's goin to be a 3000GT/Stealth get together on Feb. 28th at Purdue. We all are goin to BW3s by the Cactus later on that day. Any of ya guys are welcome that want to come. Take care all of ya :)

Luke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.