Toyota Supra Tail Light LEDs! Plug & Play Installation / See Installed Comparisons!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toyota Supra Tail Light LEDs! Plug & Play Installation / See Installed Comparisons!

SupraForums Member
    Just change the relay in the drivers footwell, takes 5mins

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fix-Fast-F...EAAOSwzaJX4o~~

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Not the issue. I did that when the front signals were changed to LED.

It is the blowout bulb indicator that's the issue, not hyper-blink
    Last edited by rjchavez; 03-15-2017 at 07:32 PM.

SupraForums Member
    Burnout indicator , blowout bulb indicator ; I don't have a clue what you are talking about

You have your external indicators and the dash indicator lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by clodola View Post
    Burnout indicator , blowout bulb indicator ; I don't have a clue what you are talking about

You have your external indicators and the dash indicator lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check it out www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?565236-what-does-this-dashboard-light-mean

SupraForums Sponsor Diode Dynamics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rjchavez View Post
    Not as easy as "Plug-and-Play" as you state. I've installed 8 resistors (4 per harness) and still cannot get the darn burnout indicator to go off.

I've called for support but not much help.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties, but I assure you our team will do everything possible to make sure you are taken care of.

(314) 205-3033

Nick C.
    Click here to enlarge

Quote Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties, but I assure you our team will do everything possible to make sure you are taken care of.

(314) 205-3033

Nick C.
    Nick, I've called before when I first purchased the LED's and there was no one that could explain what I was doing wrong. Maybe we can use this thread to "detail" the installation process for the MKIV? I can post picture, etc. to help others who purchase the lights.

My issue as I've stated, is not hyper-blink but eliminating the nagging alert light on the dash indicating a blown bulb. I did not have this light until I installed the LEDs. I have already changed the front signals to LEDs and installed the relay which eliminated the hyper-blink issue.

I've now installed a resistor on every one of the rear lights. Some lights have 3 wires and others have 2. That may be the problem. As I understand it, the resistor goes installed only on the "Ground" and "Signal" cables. But there are more than just a signal light. I have the 1-rear, 1-signal, and 2 break/parking lights as you probably know.

Has anyone done this install on an MKIV before that you know could share the experience?

Thanks for your assistance.

SupraForums Sponsor Diode Dynamics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rjchavez View Post
    Nick, I've called before when I first purchased the LED's and there was no one that could explain what I was doing wrong. Maybe we can use this thread to "detail" the installation process for the MKIV? I can post picture, etc. to help others who purchase the lights.

My issue as I've stated, is not hyper-blink but eliminating the nagging alert light on the dash indicating a blown bulb. I did not have this light until I installed the LEDs. I have already changed the front signals to LEDs and installed the relay which eliminated the hyper-blink issue.

I've now installed a resistor on every one of the rear lights. Some lights have 3 wires and others have 2. That may be the problem. As I understand it, the resistor goes installed only on the "Ground" and "Signal" cables. But there are more than just a signal light. I have the 1-rear, 1-signal, and 2 break/parking lights as you probably know.

Has anyone done this install on an MKIV before that you know could share the experience?

Thanks for your assistance.
    You'll want to ensure you are tapping the turn signal "signal" wire and not the running light wire for any of the 3-wire dual-filament locations. That could be causing the issues you are experiencing.

It's also possible that the tail light bulbs may require a resistor as well (unusual, but can happen). I would be happy to send you an additional set of resistors to try on that location if you wish.

Either way, we will continue working with you to make sure this is working.

Thanks!
    Nick C.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text