PHR Ford IAC Adapter Kit for 2JZ-GTE

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PHR Ford IAC Adapter Kit for 2JZ-GTE

PHR Moderator

PHR Ford IAC Adapter Kit for 2JZ-GTE

Finally, a solution to the 2JZ-GTE idle motors. Factory stepper motors require 4 wires to operate. The PHR Ford IAC Adapter Kit for 2JZ-GTE only requires a single output from your ecu, freeing up 3 additional outputs. This is extremely helpful on ECU's like MoTeC M600, M84 and other where outputs are limited. If your ECU is limited on outputs, this is the solution you need to free up your outputs for other needs.

In addition, the factory idle motors are extremely expensive to replace and are very difficult to find used in good condition. This provides an affordable alternative for those running aftermarket ECU's when their idle motor fails.

Can be run with a filter attached directly to the IAC or 3/4" hose to the intake pipe or other location for IAC filtration. You will need to continue using the factory check valve, grommet and gasket to keep from leaking boost. Only replace the motor and housing.

PHR is continuing to bring solutions to the 2JZ-GTE platform, and are proud to offer this one.

Click Here to Order

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Twin Meister
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan@PHR View Post
    Finally, a solution to the 2JZ-GTE idle motors......

PHR is continuing to bring solutions to the 2JZ-GTE platform, and are proud to offer this one.
    Quoted for emphasis. VERY nice work, Bryan (as usual). PHR has devised an ingenious, cost-effective, OEM solution to a problem that is sure to afflict our cars as time passes. I'm sure glad you guys are in the businesss (big thumb) .

Ken.
    www.sp-power.com
    HKS 3.4L: 1110 all-boost whp/839 lb-ft @ 2.6KG/CM^2
    1994 "SP ENGINEERING" TWIN HKS GT3240 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type 5MT
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Hardtop/Sunroof 5MT (BPU)
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo Hard Top (BPU)
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

Great product!
    1994 Red/Black TT
    86K miles
    Roller...6 speed swap coming soon

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Could a 1JZ-GTE version be a possibility since we are in the same boat but worse; none new and a very hard time finding a decent working used one.

SupraForums Member
    Very nice, great solution for anyone with a ProEFI 48 705 too.

SupraForums Member
    Is it possible to splice this into the OEM Harness plug, and use it with AEM V2?

PHR Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by demente911 View Post
    Is it possible to splice this into the OEM Harness plug, and use it with AEM V2?
    Quote Originally Posted by demente911 View Post
    Yessir, you can, but you will have to change pin location at ECU to a low a different available driver (PW, LS, Injector, Switch). The pins that the factory idle motor use are only available as stepper motor drivers and are paired with their opposites across the coil in the factory stepper motor (step 1/2, step 3/4).

In other words, you can use one of the power wires and one of the driver wires at the factory idle motor, but the driver wire location will have to be switched at the ECU. Hope that made sense and didn't confuse anyone.

SupraForums Member
    Would it work with the factory ecu?

SupraForums Member supersayianjim2's Avatar
    well, would it?
    -1994 sc400- 1jz swap,w58,bw s366, arp studs,264 cams aem v2,wally fuel pump(450),3" exhaust

-1989 nissan s13-rb20-rb25 swap,holset hx35,nistune,full suspension(on the dl list)

-2006 MadAss 50cc

Formerly Nosechunks TurboStreetCar's Avatar
    Whats the part number of the IAC valve used in this setup?
    Click here to enlarge
    TurboStreetCar '89 Turbo Targa 2JZGE, BC272, 6466, ProEFI 128, Cobra BBK, E85, TH350. 550WHP/433WTQ@23PSI
    Best ET: 10.202! Best MPH: 135!
    My Build Thread
    1300HP Fuelab Pump For Sale

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94mkivrr View Post
    Would it work with the factory ecu?
    I don't believe so as this valve is PWM controlled and the factory ECU relies on a stepper motor.

SupraForums Member
    Just ordered this. Excited for the part to arrive.
    Sold:
    White/Blk '95 6 spd w/ 50k miles VVT-i Kaizen R Package | HKS 4" TI Race | VVTI Tomei Cams | AEM Infinity | Comp CT6X | Virtual Works Intake/Exhaust manifolds, Downpipe | FIC 2150s | RPS Triple Carbon |

SupraForums Member
    Hey guys, are these in stock?

SupraForums Member
    I ordered one of these (the 1jz variant) last week, and upon arrival, noticed that the plate seems to have some peculiarities. The counter sunk portions of the plates weren't drilled quite far enough apart. This was an easy fix. However, with that fixed, the IACV motor has one of two positions, either pointed straight up toward the hood, where I'm doubtful it will clear, or straight down toward the fuel rail, where it definitely doesn't fit.

Plus, the plate doesn't sit flush around the perimeter of the plate, it has an "ear" that sticks out on the upper front side. Looking at the pics here makes me think that my plate wasn't machined correctly... thoughts?
    -Brad
    87 Supra 1jz, monster in the making
    99 Miata DD, 46 Chevy Fleetmaster garage ornament

Quote Originally Posted by te72 View Post
    I ordered one of these (the 1jz variant) last week, and upon arrival, noticed that the plate seems to have some peculiarities. The counter sunk portions of the plates weren't drilled quite far enough apart. This was an easy fix. However, with that fixed, the IACV motor has one of two positions, either pointed straight up toward the hood, where I'm doubtful it will clear, or straight down toward the fuel rail, where it definitely doesn't fit.

Plus, the plate doesn't sit flush around the perimeter of the plate, it has an "ear" that sticks out on the upper front side. Looking at the pics here makes me think that my plate wasn't machined correctly... thoughts?
    First picture shows it pointed at the hood, which if you notice it will clear, as there are still parts in that picture that are higher than the IAC connector. The booster line port is higher and still capable of having another in before coming close to the hood. You'll be fine, point it up.

SupraForums Member
    Perhaps some pictures would help clarify what I'm saying. Looking at it, the 2j seems to have the mounting points for the IACV parallel to the manifold, where the 1j has it angled upward toward the firewall.

Air inlet capped for idle testing purposes:

This picture shows the "ear" that I was talking about. I thought this would sit more along the lines of how the stock one sits, as far as flanges aligning goes. Am I mistaken?

Quick edit: I'll disassemble it tomorrow, take more pictures for clarity.

I want to say the plate you have the IAC mounted to needs to be flipped 180*

SupraForums Member
    Did just that this evening. It helped, but it still points straight up. At least with the adapter plate flipped 180, it doesn't sit quite as high. Would be nice to have some confirmation if this is how they are supposed to sit on the 1j, or if they are supposed to point toward the firewall like the 2j variant...

While I had it apart, I flipped the plate backwards (countersunk portions facing the manifold, rather than away from), and it would have sat just like the one in the pictures above. Not only that, but the perimeter of the plate lined up pretty nicely with the contours of the manifold face, so... I'm still leaning toward a machining error.

I feel my oem IAC is acting up, can I run this with my stock ecu as a direct replacement and just wire it up to the ecu?

Formerly Nosechunks TurboStreetCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scmike View Post
    I feel my oem IAC is acting up, can I run this with my stock ecu as a direct replacement and just wire it up to the ecu?
    No.

SupraForums Member
    Just ordered one , should free up some I/O on my M1

I got one of these but I have a v1, which pin can I use for this one ?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text