Supra Forums banner

Black Betty 94` Supra Resurrection 10.5:1 Build

14K views 150 replies 50 participants last post by  te72 
#1 · (Edited)
Just to give a little history and back story, last March I was bamboozled by a man who ran a local shop that I thought I could trust and who promised me the “world” With the way I wanted to go with my build.

Well 3k later and a blown motor with nothing to show for it, I was on my ass. So I called him out on all the shady things he did and was attempting to do. Well needless to say he is gone and is no longer in business.

This situation really took a toll on me mentally and financially, I was almost going to give up, but I had a lot of support from my local Supra community and after a few good friends offered to help me out one of them stepped in and offered to help me go all the way with my build, I took him up on his offer.

So here we are, going 10.5:1CR and shooting for 1000rwhp.

This was last year just got done with the single turbo swap

This was the results of this mans work who claimed he could tune

So right now this is my status of what has been ordered so far and or installed:

ARP Main studd kit
ARP Head Stud kit
GSC Power-Division Single Spring with Ti Retainer Kit 2JZ
BPA Gen II Turbo manifold twin gate
Twin Blue wastegates tial 44mm
Two Blue Tial 50mm BOV
Injectors ID2000
Walbro 450lph E85 Ethanol Fuel Pump w/ Install Kit x2
2JZGTE Clutch Masters 850
ACL barring set
Misc Fuel line and filters and other misc parts
Duel Fuel Pump Hanger
HKS 4" Hiper Titanium Exhaust
Titan ATI Super Damper Crank Pulley
GSC 6mm Valve Seals
GSC S1 269 Cams
Upgraded Timing Belt Tentioner
ProEFI Color Can Display & Logger
New Passanger side Motor Mount Bracket
Brian Crower HD Heavy Duty BC625+ H-Beam Rods
Wiseco 2JZGTE HD Pistons Asymmetric Skirt 10.55:1, 86.25mm
Greddy Timing Belt
OEM Toyota Gasket Set
OEM Toyota Oil Pump
AISIN Water Pump
Toyota 1ZZ Coils
BW S369 Turbo W/1.10AR
Polish Turbo housing, intake plenum, water neck, radiator tube, power steering res, 4" intake pipe, cold side intercooler pipe, valve covers.
4" Intake plus dump tubes
3 Angle Valve Job and Deck of Head
2jz Engine Coil Cover
Real Street Vented oil catch can for a 2JZ Toyota Supra.*
4" downpipe/Mid-pipe
Calico coated barrings*
New Crank pulley gear (welded)
ProEFI Can Cable
Sleeper Designs Billet Supra 2JZ-GTE Intake Manifold w/ 90mm TB W/ -8 Polished Fuel Rail
3.5" Intercooler Piping Welded and Polished
3.5" and 2.5" VanJen Clamps for intake and exhaust sides
Tweekd 2JZ ProEFI 128 Harness
5" ETS Intercooler
JDM Toyota Supra Factory Recaro Seats and Rails
PHR 3.5" Driveshaft
19" WORK Meister S1 3-Piece wheels
Toyo Proxes R888R 265/30ZR19 305/ 30ZR19
Megan Racing Rear Traction Rods
PHR Deluxe Power Steering Resevoir Kit
Tweekd 2JZ ProEFI Harness

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
After a long time thinking about it and I thought I was dead set on a SP F1 manifold a friend turned me onto Alex Lender AKA BPA Autosports, We decided to go with his Gen II Turbo manifold, I must say I was very happy with the outcome of his product.

We also ordered a BW S396SX-E Turbo with a 1.10 Rear A/r

This was pretty special haha

#3 · (Edited)
I also bought a 4" HKS Ti exhaust from a Supraforums member on here

Got the motor back from Machining now the fun begins:

Cleaned up some parts

Removed the "balls" from the block and tapped the holes

#4 · (Edited)
HD BC Rods showed up they are the ones on the left

Boxes of goodies started to show up

Inspecting the crank

Prepping for assembling
Scale model Vehicle Table

Got the calico bearings came in

started assembly:

#5 · (Edited)
Modified his oil pump and shimmed it. then got it installed along with his HG and head and cams last night. Also I ordered a new oil strainer pickup, and a new baffle. Also ordered shorter Toyota Tunda exhaust studs with new nuts, cam seals, front and rear main seal, block sleeve adhesive for his new freeze plugs, and inconel turbo exhaust stud kit with a new divided gasket.

Started cleaning up his oil pans:

Freeze plugs installed:

Fat Turbo mock up:

#6 · (Edited)
Also Ran into some oil squirter issues, the squirter hits the asymmetrical skirt. This is a known issue with these pistions. A quick mendrel bend and is all fixed.

Auto part

Auto part Tire Brake

soaked his valve covers and this is how clean they got, so I took it a bit further.

Capped and welded some unused coolant ports

Getting Closer

#8 · (Edited)
Valve covers got a bit of work done. they got tapped for PCV and started blending casting marks off it and prepping to send them off to get polished.

There was a huge back order on 1700s, so we opted to picked up some ID2000cc injectors instead.

#64 · (Edited)
There was a huge back order on 1700s, so we opted to picked up some ID2000cc injectors instead.
Looks great! I think you're better off with the ID2000's. I have heard of a lot of failures going on with the 1700's. I use the ID2000's on my setup as well.

#9 · (Edited)
Clutch Masters X850 showed up thanks to Matt at induction Performance!

Bought a Catch Can from Real Street!

New crank gear, old one was boogered up

Valve covers ready to be sent to Polish

#12 ·
Thanks! I am hoping it will be a little different, I am currently deployed over seas so I get pictures from my friend who is helping build the car right now. I am hoping to be running and tuned by SIV 16!

Wow really great attention to detail. ..nice work.
Thanks All the Credit goes to Albert Meade who is helping me build this beast!

#13 ·
Following the build from Albert, can't wait to see the final product. Definitely being done right this time!

#14 · (Edited)
I was here

#15 ·
Gonna be working on your pumps and your billet hanger tonight, some modification will need to be done to fit the 450s. As well as finishing the valve covers.

Got your timing gear welded last night and installed but forgot to take pics.

#16 ·
I really like that exhaust manifold. Especially the placement of the wastegates, makes for ease of removal if you need to change springs. My dual gate is a pita to get to. I have to remove my down pipe and it is still hard to get to as one of the wastegate pipes sits right next to runner #6 and no room to place the vband on.

#17 · (Edited)
Yeah its a work of art, however im curious if a Turbo speed sensor will get in there without the WG piping getting in the way.

#21 ·
#26 ·
One of these days ill get a build thread over here. Too busy

#23 ·
Haha thanks man, they are actually still sitting in the box, actually wound up buying another set of 98 head lights, just waiting to get back home that way I can send my lights out to Eric aka MKIIIHater to swap my TSX housing into the 98's.

#27 ·
This post has been deleted
#31 · (Edited)
Thanks!

This thread hit the ground running, good stuff! Looking good!
Thanks, I hope to keep up with it!

Here is a little update: I just changed things up and bought a sleeper design intake manifold from Seth, so I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious.

Here are some more pictures to enjoy, Albert built me this sweet Fuel pump hanger :).

He also welded up my Crank Gear for me

and Installed

#33 ·
Probably a hot tank treatment. Curious too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.