Supra Forums banner

Feds are going after imported Skylines again...

14K views 159 replies 67 participants last post by  EliteGTR 
#1 ·
I know a few guys own Skylines on this board... It sounds like you better hide them while you can.

Copied from a forum where it was copied from another forum :)

""This week shit hit the fan in Kaizo, it's getting worse. A reliable source is filtering info down the channels that a certain turd that got caught has been spilling the beans and cooperating with agents, giving them the entire who what when where why of the deal. This goes for not only Kaizo but every other method and car, even the grandfathered Motorex cars are being inspected at RB motoring and all over. Those of you that have shipped in the past, hide it. Those of you thinking or trying to ship, don't. This shit storm is ranging from not only the sources of bringing them in but also various forums. I'd recommend people to not disclose any information regarding their vehicle or themselves, for those who have shipped before. For those who have registered their stuff in the U.S. using the JDM vins... good luck, if you havn't then I wouldn't attempt it at the moment."

"The man who owns the company "Kaizo" is Daryl, this stuff is not like the little he said she said petty shit from previous years and months. Cars at Kaizo have been seized this week as well as inventory computers, RB Motoring was paid a visit as well. Next step will be the DMV's to track the Kaizo VIN's as well as JDM VIN's for cars that didn't go through Motorex or Kaizo which is why I'm hoping to warn people ahead of time.

Put it this way, when Sean Morris starts getting phone calls about it then it's no joke, and this is that time. "

When Sean Morris (aka Tyndago/RBmotoring/Motorex) says,
"I had a call earlier today that ICE , DOT, and CARB had been at RB today doing some investigating. The investigators looked at a couple of the ex-Motorex cars, called the DOT and ended up leaving from RB. I called over to Kaizo to see what was happening over there, and I was informed that they were in the middle of it...Three cars got seized, along with records, and computers. Included in the three cars seized was the actual hero car from Fast and Furious 4. We will have to see how this plays out over the coming weeks and months."

This is the convo we're hearing from this side of the pond...just spreading the word if anybody has something that might have anything to do with this... If anyone doesnt know who Daryll is , he is the one that got the first R35 GTR in the USA from nissan north america. He was importing R34 GTRs and selling them as KAIZO cars. They had 17 digit vin numbers, etc.

Now his contention was they were unibodys so he was basically selling kit cars.

Seems the feds feel otherwise. This might be bad news for anyone with a state titled car per its JDM Vin number. "

And this little tid bit from Sean Morris, of Motorex....

"It is common to think that R33's can be legally imported and converted per Fed standards and driven on the road. It's it is just the R32 & R34's that are the problems; in reality no one can actually do it though. Passenger side airbag was an option in 1995, so the DOT (OVSC) excluded 1995 cars. This made only 1996-1998 R33's eligible. However, since there is no approved OBD II system for R33's, then it makes it impossible to bring it into compliance in accordance with the 3520-1(EPA import document).

Anyone saying they can do it is full of it; All R33's are illegal"

#59 ·
I have a genius idea!

Equip your skyline with a birth certificate from Mexico and tell the government "El GTR tres cuatro" is here to work so he can feed his famiry back home. Then they won't deport your skyline...instead they'll apologize and give "El GTR tres cuatro" a driver's license, and 30k in tax dollars to help him out.

Everyone knows that the government cares more about apeasing the illegal immigrant than a tax paying citizen, so I don't know why a car would be any different. Of course you have all the legal cars going "they tookk err rooaaddzz!!"

#60 ·
^ +1..... I think if you have a skyline and are stuck: 1.) pull motor and trans and replace with donor 240 motor and trans. 2.) changed glass and all of the other goodies. 3.) last but most important do a 240 conversion with front and rear bumpers plus head lights and tail lights.
Then you can brag about owning….. a 240. hmmm I’d buy that car
:squintfin this shit is ghey someone is mad that lost a street light to street light pull.

#63 ·
this whole ordeal is crazy....why wasnt this ever caught before..?

#66 ·
Regardless of the motives/reasons behind it, this is obviously a problem that's not going to go away.

With that in mind, I think anyone who buys one is an idiot and should be willing to accept what may/may not happen to them, their car, and the smuggling shops that bring em in.

#67 · (Edited)
There is so much mis-information in this thread my head is spinning :faint: . Kaizo is under investigation, everything else is hearsay. There are only a handful of people that really know what is going down with the Kaizo investigation.

Everyone here is not an expert. At the end of the day, there is a area called "gray", where someone could be following the law and not following it at the same time. That is when a judge has to decide weather or not laws were broken...if it makes it that far. If it does, I will have even more disgust with the wasteful spending tendencies of our gov't.

I would like to say this: Kit car laws are loose and different for every state. We have a right to build a home made car if we so desire. Most states don't give a shit if the headlights are cut off in the opposite direction or if the glass is DOT (FYI all R34 cabin glass have DOT stampings from the factory). It just has to pass "state" inspection standards. In other words have headlights, turn signal, a horn, brake lights, etc...very simple things. Rightly so too. There are so few of these "homemade" cars, that it really does nothing to the crash statistics.

All Kaizo unibodies cleared customs, including the ones used in F&F. They were parts and viewed as such at the time of importation. How else would they be here? I think the problem arises when someone builds a car, or more specifically sells that car. That's where the rabbit hole goes deep, and I doubt any one here, that isn't an expert, can make any qualifying statements regarding such, including myself.

We will all see how this investigation turns out...maybe next week, maybe next year.

#69 ·
Lol.

Kit cars are made from scratch, not pre-existing manufactured (by a real manufacturer) chassis that still rolls with it's original numbers on the firewall, kph speedometer, etc, etc...You know where this is going. You can keep your blinders on all you want, but if you need any more clarification, research properly what the laws are regarding re-manufacturing a chassis is. This thread has pretty accurate information, and it will be those who still believe nothing was done wrong and the gov't is witch hunting, blah blah, that will have to deal with reality once it all comes out. Again, this will be long and drawn out, but the sad truth is that this is not something Daryl walks away from. Kaizo is dissolved why? Because they can never do business again as that company. You guys don't even know what this rabbit hole has in store for you....

#68 ·
how is one of these cars any more dangerous than a motorcycle?

In PA they can pull you over for not wearing a seatbelt, but a motorcyclist can ride without a helmet.

:ghey:

#70 · (Edited)
I think mignuts works for the Government, or someone pissed in his wheaties. He has a lot of built up passion and negativity.

"Land of the Free" my ass. welcome to Socilistic Ave, next stop Communitist Blvd.

Someone in the government sits back and says " I don't think that is nessasary. I have no reason other than I have no interest in the subject. Lets make a law against it. It won't bother me or my colleagues at all."

#75 ·
who cares, kit car, whatever.

these things are still safer than some of the rusted out 1970 jalopies still running around on the streets. definitely safer than my rat rod, i can guarantee that.

#78 ·
Why do these companies base out of Cali?! I realize its the whole "coast" thing, but these idiots would be better off having the containers shipped to a shop outside cali.

#81 ·
All I know is....there are like 4-5 GTR's around my area, a couple of S15's, and a couple of GTS-T's....nobody has said anything about it at all...

Even if they seize every fucking car in the states, there will still Skylines and people who bring them in....legally or illegally. Pointless investigations do nothing but make people want to find more holes in the law and bring Skylines over....

#85 · (Edited)
Judging by this recent post on Sean Morris' GT-R blog: (an anonymous poster in the comments section and apparently old customer of Kaizo)

http://www.gtrusablog.com/2009/06/ice-dot-carb-serving-search-warrants.html

well to be honest, i don't care for big brother! Its not their fault they are doing their job! It all starts with who is in office when the RULES where made! Kinda like the same rules your "parents" made! Either u abide by them, or get congress to change them, and seeing how its propaganda, at the end of the day we are all screwed, I own a Kaizo car, and from I understand after talking to Ice, yes they paid a visit, asking questions, seeing that NO mods were done to the car as expected, they are giving me the option to export it out! Now as far as the mods, i was told DOT this and DOT that, and for god sakes my head lights still point off in a the same direction when I was overseas. So basically I'm screwed out of the money to "ship the car" and the money paid to "Daryl", So with that being said it just wasn't meant to be, yes its bullshit! But at the end of the day its called prohibition, so now I know how the "moonshiners" feel and it sucks. "if it can kill u-its legal" "if it doesn't kill you-then its illegal" so go figure?! Booze or a Skyline! Now as far as people say its NOT a SCAM, it is and it inst, you see i owned car while i was in Japan, and i was told the Kaizo process was they way, so I hooked up with Daryl, and off it went. Come to find out he didn't do shit, and charged me out the ass! The bottom line is Daryl fucked us all, and didn't realize it, until it was to late.......So good luck to you all, I now have another headache to deal with aside from getting ready to be deployed.

It's a pretty safe assessment that the people directly involved or customers are going to start speaking out about this current dilemma. This is probably not going to be the last time we hear something like this from someone upset with Kaizo. When will Daryl step forward and speak out about this whole issue? We are all curious to hear his side of the story and see if he will defend his business stature and good name.

#87 ·
Judging by this recent post on Sean Morris' GT-R blog:

http://www.gtrusablog.com/2009/06/ice-dot-carb-serving-search-warrants.html

well to be honest, i don't care for big brother! Its not their fault they are doing their job! It all starts with who is in office when the RULES where made! Kinda like the same rules your "parents" made! Either u abide by them, or get congress to change them, and seeing how its propaganda, at the end of the day we are all screwed, I own a Kaizo car, and from I understand after talking to Ice, yes they paid a visit, asking questions, seeing that NO mods were done to the car as expected, they are giving me the option to export it out! Now as far as the mods, i was told DOT this and DOT that, and for god sakes my head lights still point off in a the same direction when I was overseas. So basically I'm screwed out of the money to "ship the car" and the money paid to "Daryl", So with that being said it just wasn't meant to be, yes its bullshit! But at the end of the day its called prohibition, so now I know how the "moonshiners" feel and it sucks. "if it can kill u-its legal" "if it doesn't kill you-then its illegal" so go figure?! Booze or a Skyline! Now as far as people say its NOT a SCAM, it is and it inst, you see i owned car while i was in Japan, and i was told the Kaizo process was they way, so I hooked up with Daryl, and off it went. Come to find out he didn't do shit, and charged me out the ass! The bottom line is Daryl fucked us all, and didn't realize it, until it was to late.......So good luck to you all, I now have another headache to deal with aside from getting ready to be deployed.

It's a pretty safe assessment that the people directly involved or customers are going to start speaking out about this current dilemma. This is probably not going to be the last time we hear something like this from someone upset with Kaizo. When will Daryl step forward and speak out about this whole issue? We are all curious to hear his side of the story and see if he will defend his business stature and good name.
Where did you get the commentary excerpt from? Sean would not say something like that, maybe the voice of a customer of daryl's? He of all people would know what it takes and Sean doesn't shoot around the shit. He is the bluntest, most straight forward, and knowledgeable nice guy about the gtr's. He's been through it all and wouldn't say stupid shit like the above.

#86 ·
Darryl didnt fuck you Sean - you fucked yourself :dunno:

#89 · (Edited)
Actually he has every right to defend himself. If he comes out on record to claim his innocence, it would not violate any legality issues. It would just solidify his position in the whole ordeal, and ultimately prove he is a stand up guy. Also, whomever the anonymous person who posted in the "comments" is, he is still not afraid to speak out about what has transpired in his case.

#90 · (Edited)
This "anonymous" person from the Sean's blog post seems particularly odd. I've talked to people in the Kaizo circle and no one knows about him. The post seems too well timed and convenient...perhaps even fabricated. For him to post up on a blog instead of contacting the source (Kaizo)...well, you put two and two together. I think that post is propaganda, someone trying to "shake the tree", a hater trying to create their own bullshit reference source, or some dufus that decided to go full retard (judging by his clear lack of ability to convey his thoughts into words). It appears he is attempting to justify the actions of ICE and self incriminate at the same time. What's his prohibition reference anyway. Wasn't that 80 years ago and involved the sale of an intoxicating substance? Is it a whack attempt at commonality?

#104 ·
Seriously but IMHO I think all of the people who are experiencing this grief deserve it. Enjoy your big government, its what you voted for. That comment left by the anonymous person sums it up nicely. Prohibition, or in other words, as along as we are getting a portion of the money.

These people (the DOT and EPA etc) are not interested in safety, when will americans learn that? They are interested in controlling the market and making money. Period.

Bringing these cars in takes away from money that they feel should be going to american made cars to cover R&D and put food on commercial taxpayers table thus putting food on governments table.

Nevermind the laundry list of problems this country currently faces, no, instead they need to make a huge fuss about a small amount of cars that we never recieved here. What these idiots don't understand is by removing these cars from peoples hands they are only hurting themselves even more as people are going to spend money here in the states on aftermarket performance products and with ins companies. In the end, they screw over a lot more people than just the owner of the illegal vehicle.

#97 ·
I have spoken to Daryl several times since this started.

He is not going to go anywhere and defend himself right now. Smart people keep their mouth shut publicly until there is a charge Its up to the lawyers and the government to decide IF they are actually going to charge him with anything.

Then Daryls lawyers get rich fighting the government. Our rights may say "innocent until proven guilty" but people seem to think otherwise.

I have posted up a few of my thoughts, and I let anonymous people post comments to my blog. If I wanted to , I could delete it, but I won't. I think it could be either Dustin in Florida, or maybe Jeremy from Canada posting that stuff. Both have a thing for Daryl.

I have read and reread the rules and regulations over the last 10 years. Its a matter of legal interpretation on many parts.

I really don't think that Kaizo or Daryl did anything wrong. I also don't think they "screwed" anyone. Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows exactly what they were getting in for with any one of the bodies.

#115 ·
I have spoken to Daryl several times since this started.
I really don't think that Kaizo or Daryl did anything wrong. I also don't think they "screwed" anyone. Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows exactly what they were getting in for with any one of the bodies.
What about the Kaizo customer who said his Skyline was not prepared to conform on US roads as specified? He said he paid a lot of money and no work was performed. He was told to export the vehicle.

Kaizo...still did nothing wrong? C'mon. Lying about work performed and charging money for it...isn't that the textbook definition of FRAUD?

"Oh, I know Daryl and he wouldn't hurt a fucking fly...". Get real. Anybody would fuck their own mother over if they knew they could get away with it.

#131 ·
I have posted up a few of my thoughts, and I let anonymous people post comments to my blog. If I wanted to , I could delete it, but I won't. I think it could be either Dustin in Florida, or maybe Jeremy from Canada posting that stuff. Both have a thing for Daryl..
I talked to Dustin in Florida today. We had a long conversation. He said he did not post any comments on my blog. It was a good talk.

Some people are out there talking, but not him.

#109 ·
FEDS :die: :chairshot :wtflol: :dumbass: :madfawk: :scratch: :furious: :rant: :bsflag: Our Gov't is so STUPID it a car why do they care

#110 ·
If the car is 25years old it can be imported into the usa being epa&dot exempt and there is no emissions if its epa exempt.I have owned several grey market skylines and there definatly a pain in the ass and not worth it in my opinion. I still have a greymarket but one thats less risky.Feds are out for blood on skylines

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.