Supra Forums banner

cracked water pump housing????

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  excesspart 
#1 ·
I saw I was leaking a little coolant the other day and decided to take a look and see where it was coming from. It was dripping from the water pump area but not from the usual weap hole when the seal and bearing goes out. So I decided that I would have a local toyota dealer do my water pump along with my valve seals. Well after all said and done and a new crank dampener pulley that was about to fall off :rolleyes: , I went too pick up the car and took a look at the old water pump and there it was a nice crack in the housing. So I was just wondering if anyone else has had this same problem?????

#2 ·
TURBOYZZ said:
I saw I was leaking a little coolant the other day and decided to take a look and see where it was coming from. It was dripping from the water pump area but not from the usual weap hole when the seal and bearing goes out. So I decided that I would have a local toyota dealer do my water pump along with my valve seals. Well after all said and done and a new crank dampener pulley that was about to fall off :rolleyes: , I went too pick up the car and took a look at the old water pump and there it was a nice crack in the housing. So I was just wondering if anyone else has had this same problem?????
Happened on my old 93.5 Supra. The car sat for long periods and the stock water pump uses rubber seals that can crack and wear which caused my car to leak coolant excessively. Had it replaced and never had a problem since.

Although I took it to my local supra mechanic who did my timing belt, water pump, crank seals, and valve seals for only 400$ :bigthumb: He is the man, try to keep it away from the stealer if possible!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.