Supra Forums banner

Supra Smoking?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Roger Supra/Rx7 
#1 ·
My 94 single turbo supra smokes a little on start up... It smells like fuel and a little oil, could this be anything really bad, or is it running really rich and needs a tune, which it does, to fix the smoke? When running regular you can smell a ver potent fuel smell coming out of the exhaust, but no smoke... what should I look for or listen to??

#10 ·
Do you have a wideband (you should)? We need to know if it is oil or fuel that is causing the smoke. If it is oil, then it could very possibly be the valve stem seals like people have said. If it is fuel, then it could be a lot of things. Do you have any leaks in your piping or vacuum lines?

#12 ·
If you do the stem seals yourself, not expensive at all~ $150 for parts. It does take some time though. Apparently, as told by my friends, my car smokes too, but during hard boosting~ maybe turbo seals going bad?

#13 ·
You really should be searching because most of these questions have been answered. Valve stem seals are easy if you take it to a shop that knows how to work on Supras.

As for your other problems, it sounds like your Supra has not been maintained very well. I would do the general maintenance on it, like replacing the vacuum lines and going over everything very theroughly. We can't see your car and you refuse to give us detailed information about your setup and what is wrong. The search button will reveal all the info you need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.