Supra Forums banner

The rise of the Phoenix

4K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  my87tbo 
#1 · (Edited)
Well seeing how everybody and there sheep are doing thier jz build thread, i thought i should at least post what i am up to. there will be a 2jz-gte sitting in there by end of this year, that is if something doesn't come up.

lets start here with my baby with a seized (from rod knock 7mgte). i was planning to rebuild it and upgrade all the parts in it, till ,i found out that i would have to send it out to be machined and the cost would be the same as swapping in another engine. i live in an apt complex so my places to work on her would be scarce. i have some parts with pics but, just trying to resize or retake them, and then i will post what i have. i welcome ideas and constructive post.

See less See more
#6 ·
Well i like the look of the black on white fuel door.

[QOUTE] Zumtizzle your front wheels are on the wrong side. stop using the trunk as storage? we did that with a friends car, and some grease got into the carpet, so anytime it's hot out side his windows get hazed.[/QUOTE]

as soon as i get some room or a storage bin i will take them out. its just that one side front that is wrong. when i got the car the rim was bent and thats the one they replaced it with for free. i will be changing them but this is what i have to work with.

#8 · (Edited)
this will be a 2jz build. right now am just sourcing some of the main parts so that when i get the engine, i will be able to install it in a short time.

here are some more pics......

jz upper and lower oil pan with baffle, pick-up, sensor, and bolts

1jz 12lb flywheel

stage 3 clutch set

3" muffler

This weekend i will remove the parts out of the trunck and start to clean up the engine bay and some of the parts that i will be reusing. no the greatest or most exciting but its all good with me and thats what matters.

#14 ·
think about all your options.. like 1.5jz, 2jz-ge na-t, 2jz-gte, and of course 1jz-gte. you can't go wrong!! i have a sc300 with a 1jz-gte r154 and i love it. but i with i would have went na-t. i would have had 600rwhp about now instead of the 300rwhp(1jz-gte r154) with the money i have spent.

Cant wait to see it!

#18 ·
Is that a Spec stage 3 clutch? If so its a good clutch i currently have it on my car and it grips good although the chatter is quite nice............NOT.

#20 ·
Well when i finally got my com pu tator up and running all hell broke loose as in the way of more money going out and the same coming in. So she sits in storage for a while and this build has been put on permatemp hold. if i knew the ex was going to be this dumb after we split i would have just become a monk.

#22 ·
Ya thanks man. we all start with the best intentions and when shit happens it does. my kid is 13 now and she wants me to get this done before she grads high school but when your days of is sunday, then spending time with your kid for one day out of the week is more important than working extra on the road to finish your project. like your sig says Experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.