***petition to toyota motor corp*** - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: ***petition to toyota motor corp***

SupraForums Member
    I signed it, over 5k now. I'm not sure what exact parts we're petitioning for but would it matter if Toyota made them? Couldn't this be aftermarket as well? Just saying if we sent 5k signatures to an aftermarket manufacturer, they might be the one making parts for Toyota anyway and without Toyota taking a cut, their profit margin would be higher. So it might only take 10k units to make it worth it vs 20k.
    1991 Toyota Aristo 3.0V

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

The road block I see for an aftermarket company making restoration parts for MKIVs is the fact that so few were ever made. This means the parts will almost certainly be horrendously expensive since very few will ever be sold that the cost of producing those parts doesn't ever get diluted.

In highschool I had a 65 mustang that my father and I restored, and there were whole catalogs full of restoration parts at reasonble prices, but then there was a reasonable market for those parts since there were over half a million 65 mustangs made (not to mention the parts are compatible with 64-66 mustangs). Contrast that with total MKIV sales in the US (11k-ish).

That said, if Toyota still has the molds and tooling somewhere lying around, there may be an economic case for cranking out a few dashpanels.

93 Supra TT Sportroof - BPU | HKS Hipermax IV GT, TRD Sway Bars, CCW Classics + Toyo R888r | T56 Magnum Swap
    17 4runner TRD Offroad
    14 Audi SQ5
    IG: @cdsaints427

Signed

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Signed and reposted on my FB as well! I wish Toyota would do a limited re-release of the MKIV. I recall Land Rover or someone doing that before. They would sell out in about an hour HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by twntrbo03' View Post
    Signed and reposted on my FB as well! I wish Toyota would do a limited re-release of the MKIV. I recall Land Rover or someone doing that before. They would sell out in about an hour HAHA
    Nissan did it with the 280Z by refurbishing prior cars and reselling them to consumers. The life of this venture didn't last long.

DP
    Do more with less......

'95 Toyota Supra TT 6-spd Targa JRR/MoTeC M130 , Accelerated Performance , Sound Performance, Tilton, Precision, Recaro, HKS, ID, Radium, PHR, ETS, OS Giken....
    My Build Thread

'16 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport
    '09 Dodge Ram 3500 QCLB Dually 6.7 CTD EFI Live by Anarchy
    '05 Toyota Camry XLE - 275K and rolling!

Signed and shared!
    ​1993.5 Toyota Supra TT 6spd-Black
    2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Offroad -Super White
    2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S-Carrara White
    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale S ABS-Arctic White

SupraForums Member
    signed as well.

Limitless Production Racing

Signed and shared
    1995 Toyota Supra TT Black/Black Hardtop BPU
    1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440

Not enough Supras for Toyota to make any money reinvesting in making discontinued parts. Although it would be nice.
    IG: Supraslyce

SupraForums Member
    Signed!

Signed

SupraForums Member
    Of course I signed it, too. But to me this is mostly wishful thinking and makes no economic sense.
    Nick 95 6sp
    Twin Garrett GT2860's w/TiAL SS exhaust housings, WG's and BOV's, V-band moded HKS twin manifolds, AEM v2, AEM WB, ID1000's,
    AEM meth/water spray, GSC S1's, ported head, Ferrea valvetrain, CP pistons w/crown & skirt coatings, Carrillo H-beams,
    OS Giken triple clutch & Super Lock LSD, Racelogic TC, TRD gen2 catback
    street wheels: Veilside EvoV 9-1/2"F X 10-1/2"R with 265/35F & 285/35R NT05's
    track wheels: CCW LM5 10"F X 11-1/2"R with 285/30F & 315/30R R888's

Unlimited Time Attack A70 Twin2Turbo's Avatar
    Both Mazda and Nissan have brought on or at least had some serious discussion about re creating classic Motorsports car parts. Nissan last I read was doing R32-34, 300zx and a few others I believe. Mazda is doing a Miata restoration program in Japan where they are reproducing parts to restore a whole bunch of MX5s.

Unlikely Toyota will see this through but the more and more push for it only helps, would be a great success for the community to get this off the ground
    -Nick

1JZ|Link|Precision|Brembo|DBA|Tilton|Carrillo|Diamond|InjectorDynamic|TurboSmart|Technico|ATI|BC|HKS|And Everything Else|
    My Build Thread <-> Www.projecthighrpm.com

SupraForums Member
    Signed. I believe Nick is correct, though.

SupraForums Member
    Signed
    97 Alpine Silver N/A 5-Speed HT

SupraForums Member
    Signed for what it's worth.
    95 | Alpine Silver | TT | 6sp | GReddy | HKS | Volk | Carbing | Do-Luck | Endless | Racelogic
    13 | Firestorm | FR-S
    Toyota Lexus Club of Pittsburgh

Signed. Not that Toyota gives a tenth-inch of shit about the JZA80 anymore, they're too busy selling soulless Prius-C's to pointless people that might as well be automatons - and making a tidy profit doing so.
    Jeff
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, chicks and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -- George Best
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    Who would have ever thought.....the impact an automobile can make.....

signed
    94 RR Supra TT - SCPerformance

although Toyota may not be inclined to grant our wish, would they somehow still have the equipment to manufacture Supra parts on demands? I'm sure it's still profit but how much profit is probably the question. Cross my fingers that someone in the company feels for the consumers and the crazy fanatics that we are.

If they reman new v160 parts, Tremec would be the only other option for them to use that would make sense. Glad you took my wishful idea and are potentially making it a reality.
    PM me on low mile Blk/Blk’s

Signed, someone should ask the more popular youtubers to post a link in their videos.

Wishlist: floor mats, TRD diff, dash panels

SupraForums Member PasadenaTurbo's Avatar
    #1 on my wishlist is V160 parts.

There are floor mat options, and also better diff's available like OS Giken.
    '93.5 BB, Vin Matching, OE TT 6spd. 650/[email protected]
    71gtq, 4 row, AEM V2/FF/RLTC, ID1000's, 450's, ETS Ti, RPS C/C, C's, OS Giken, TRD, Tein, SP, Titan, ARP, ALL poly bush.'s, HKS, PHR, Brembo, Recaro, ADV.1, Toyo

Quote Originally Posted by MkivOldStock View Post
    If they reman new v160 parts, Tremec would be the only other option for them to use that would make sense. Glad you took my wishful idea and are potentially making it a reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by PasadenaTurbo View Post
    #1 on my wishlist is V160 parts.

There are floor mat options, and also better diff's available like OS Giken.
    I'm pretty sure I read that Getrag stopped making parts and the trans because there was bad blood between them and Toyota. I can see Toyota possibly selling dash panels, interior trim stuff and miscellaneous parts like that, but would all the V160 parts be proprietary property of Getrag? That's the only reason I don't see this trans ever making a comeback

I'm pretty sure I read that Getrag stopped making parts and the trans because there was bad blood between them and Toyota. I can see Toyota possibly selling dash panels, interior trim stuff and miscellaneous parts like that, but would all the V160 parts be proprietary property of Getrag? That's the only reason I don't see this trans ever making a comeback
    Someone named Arnout already makes replacement v160 parts and Suprastore sells them as well (possibly the same ones that he makes?). Not sure if he or they found legal means, if they just “went for it”, or if Toyota owns that design over Getrag anyway.

Anywho, I’d say we need trans parts at least as good as oem (again, the only other company that has proven to match the strength of a Getrag is Tremec), a large enough supply of interior parts, body panels, anything discontinued that can’t be had aftermarket, really... but to be realistic, if they just did interior, and common parts that get damaged in accidents, plus parts to keep these running, that would be something for us to be happy about.
    Last edited by MkivOldStock; 11-28-2017 at 12:17 PM.

SupraForums Member
    Thats why I'm saying any petition needs to be specific. If we ask Toyota for Getrag parts that'll just get ignored. There should be a list of needed parts identified and then we need to separate the list by possible manufacturer and send a petition to each manufacturer; Toyota or otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in