The 2,500 mile Road trip. Calgary to NY. 1994 JDM TT Supra. - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: The 2,500 mile Road trip. Calgary to NY. 1994 JDM TT Supra.

  1. #26
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Calgary and OC, Cali, Baby!
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoji View Post
    i'm starting to see snow in the weather patterns over there now, I may just scrap the road trip at this point and sack up for the Trailer... I really don't want this car having ANY salt.

    the cost is between 1100-1700, unenclosed to enclosed.

    *update, apparently you can just get an in-transit pass from the canadian registry ( think DMV) and go to your nearest Customs and border patrol office and import the car there, no need to do it at the border. I was speaking to an officer at the rainbow bridge cross into ny and he let me in on this little secret.
    I'm with you in driving the car in January man. Even though I'm in LA, the drive from Calgary across Montana or bit of Idaho and what not, is going to be snowy so I don't know ...

    I might have to do the transportation thing but can you tell me where did you find that that information about transportation prices and going to your closest border and importing from there. Thanks so much bud



    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #27
    NiSmO [email protected] supergoji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    westchester NY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    484
    I looked around online for the most recommended trailer services and went from there. I haven't picked a transportation service yet, but when I do , i'll update this thread.

    I just called Customs and border patrol across multiple locations to see if the info i was getting was reliable. a few locations confirmed it.

    When are you coming across?
    Quote Originally Posted by OOBE View Post
    the shop power fucked you at 140 mph too :D
    Quote Originally Posted by x X CLoud X x View Post
    why the Hell is there a FUCKN SAILOR MOON ON A SUPRA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraLB View Post
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
    hell, he has a better chance of getting gov't funding to build the playboy mansion into an orbital launch vehicle to set a new record of nonstop consecutive orbital blowjobs from playboy playmates.
    94 Alpine Silver Supra TT 6spd ( for sale) https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=234504432
    91 Cherry Red Pearl Z32 TT 6spd

  4. #28
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Calgary and OC, Cali, Baby!
    Posts
    148
    Somewhere around the first weekend of Jan.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #29
    NiSmO [email protected] supergoji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    westchester NY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    484
    so I 've been convinced by friends to not drive the car during the winter. She'll be transported enclosed next wednesday via Impes freight.

    Price is $2,150 from Calgary to Bayonne ,NJ.

    delivery date is the 23rd. She's legal boys and girls.

  7. #30
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Calgary and OC, Cali, Baby!
    Posts
    148
    Ha, I was just thinking about your trip earlier today.

    My Supra will be picked up this week (hopefully), and I was quoted $2075 for transport and importation costs from Calgary to LA. I can't wait.

    Congrats bro.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  8. #31
    Will work for Supra parts Espeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoji View Post
    so I 've been convinced by friends to not drive the car during the winter. She'll be transported enclosed next wednesday via Impes freight.

    Price is $2,150 from Calgary to Bayonne ,NJ.

    delivery date is the 23rd. She's legal boys and girls.
    Congratulations! Quick question regarding Impes Frieght - I found their website and put in for a quote, but I was surprised to see the website asking me to post my request for multiple companies to respond to. Is Impes a broker, for other companies?

  9. #32
    NiSmO [email protected] supergoji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    westchester NY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
    Congratulations! Quick question regarding Impes Frieght - I found their website and put in for a quote, but I was surprised to see the website asking me to post my request for multiple companies to respond to. Is Impes a broker, for other companies?
    Thanks dude! Not sure, but maybe we can work out a deal to get less of a cost for all of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gill View Post
    Ha, I was just thinking about your trip earlier today.

    My Supra will be picked up this week (hopefully), and I was quoted $2075 for transport and importation costs from Calgary to LA. I can't wait.

    Congrats bro.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Thank you! When are you shipping?

  10. #33
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Calgary and OC, Cali, Baby!
    Posts
    148
    Picked up yesterday afternoon.. Excited!!! Going to call the transport company to get an ETA.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  11. #34
    NiSmO [email protected] supergoji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    westchester NY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gill View Post
    Picked up yesterday afternoon.. Excited!!! Going to call the transport company to get an ETA.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    post pics you bastard!

  12. #35
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Calgary and OC, Cali, Baby!
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoji View Post
    post pics you bastard!
    I wasn't there for the pick up but for sure when it comes to LA.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  13. #36
    NiSmO [email protected] supergoji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    westchester NY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    484
    You don't have pics of it at all?!

  14. #37
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Calgary and OC, Cali, Baby!
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoji View Post
    You don't have pics of it at all?!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...3&share_type=t

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  15. #38

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milton, VT
    Posts
    44
    Sounds like you have it sorted out. I would have done the same because of the salt. It's too bad you couldn't wait a few more months and do a road trip when the weather is nice. I live in Vermont and bought a 3000gt vr4 in San Diego a long time ago. I flew out there and drove it home over 3000 miles across the country. It was one of the most fun trips ever. I just made sure the car had a fresh oil change first. I didn't bring any tools with me, but the car also had 38k original miles.

  16. #39
    Will work for Supra parts Espeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoji View Post
    Thanks dude! Not sure, but maybe we can work out a deal to get less of a cost for all of us.



    Thank you! When are you shipping?
    I’m my haste I realized that I was not on Impes’s website. I searched for them with google and clicked on a link that mentioned them, but the website turned out to be a place called U-ship. What you do is make a post and multiple companies can view it and send you quotes. Then you can pick your best option.

    I haven’t bought a car yet, but I’m interested in a few good options. I’m simply trying to get estimates so I know how much I need to budget for!

  17. #40
    NiSmO [email protected] supergoji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    westchester NY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    484
    I know you're looking at those two red cars, but those will need a bit of work. Mine is coming in and it can be delivered to you. :P

  18. #41
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Calgary and OC, Cali, Baby!
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoji View Post
    I know you're looking at those two red cars, but those will need a bit of work. Mine is coming in and it can be delivered to you. :P
    What red cars?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  19. #42
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Calgary and OC, Cali, Baby!
    Posts
    148
    Is your car here yet? I need to ask you a question bout the customs forms and stuff.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  20. #43
    NiSmO [email protected] supergoji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    westchester NY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    484
    mine's arrived, sure PM me.

  21. #44

  22. #45

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milton, VT
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoji View Post
    now what to do with the fenders..ugh..

    Assuming you mean the rear. Looks like they were rolled/pulled pretty good. Maybe there is a thing as reverse rolling? You'll probably want to talk to a professional shop. I can't see that being fixed easily. the metal is stretched and to go back it would have to be shrunk. If you wanted to just clean up the crease like spots and keep the flared look, that could probably be done with some filler. I doubt a lot of people will even notice it. Stuff always looks 10x worse to the owner.

  23. #46
    SupraForums Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Calgary and OC, Cali, Baby!
    Posts
    148
    Just saw your for sale ad. That was quick. LoL

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  24. #47
    NiSmO [email protected] supergoji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    westchester NY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfalcon94 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by supergoji View Post
    now what to do with the fenders..ugh..

    Assuming you mean the rear. Looks like they were rolled/pulled pretty good. Maybe there is a thing as reverse rolling? You'll probably want to talk to a professional shop. I can't see that being fixed easily. the metal is stretched and to go back it would have to be shrunk. If you wanted to just clean up the crease like spots and keep the flared look, that could probably be done with some filler. I doubt a lot of people will even notice it. Stuff always looks 10x worse to the owner.
    Hahah Yea it does, I'm going to see a local shop and see what they say, worst case can always do metal widebody.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gill View Post
    Just saw your for sale ad. That was quick. LoL

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Black euro tt was for sale, that's why I was selling. Had all the cool stuff!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 06-27-2018, 01:53 PM
  2. 1,100 mile road trip complete!
    By boostincoupe in forum MKIV (1993-1998)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 07:51 AM
  3. 4500 mile road trip
    By GrimTT in forum MKIV (1993-1998)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-13-2011, 01:44 AM
  4. First road trip in the Supra
    By paddlenbike in forum MKIII (1986.5-1992)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 11:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •