Supra Forums banner

Genuine Toyota windshield 56101 14060

870 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ajgibson528 
#1 ·
I just picked up a genuine Toyota front windshield for my mk4.
Just a little warning for all of us, I was surprised and very disappointed to see that the new glass does not have the blue sunstrip tint at the top. Also nowhere does it have "Toyota" etching on it. Basically not the same as an original factory glass.

A little background story on why I bought the glass in the first place. My car has hatch rust and is going in for the repair. At some point of my car's life it received an aftermarket front windshield. I figured since the rear hatch glass is coming out and getting fresh mouldings, I'd do the same with the front and put in a genuine windshield as well and fresh mouldings.

Looking at the 2 windshields, my current aftermarket looks better than the genuine as it has the blue sunstrip.

#3 ·
You also want to keep a look out for the black trim on both sides of the windshield that hides the sealant on the body. I seen aftermarket windshields that do not have that on the sides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.