Quote Originally Posted by james.milner View Post
    Congratulations! She's a beauty you guy devil
    Thanks, bro

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Rough Girl is in SoCal, finally. Now, time to treat her right and get her squared away.

Rather than charging the battery, again and again because it's been sitting in the parents garage for the past 6 months or so.... got a new battery.

She died at the gas station, and then bought a new battery from Toyota. While in a pinch, at Autozone, the battery was the same price, So got a good deal on a Toyota Battery with a military discount and a better warranty. Win here. Lol

A number of PM things need to be looked at soon. Driving in the rain caused it to have a check engine light go on while driving, turned off the car and started it again and the CEL went away. Hmmm. Peculiar.

Last edited by Mr.Gill; 01-17-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Congrats Mr. Gill! Car is looking good. Have fun!
    94 Black TT Supra
    96 5spd 4Runner - SOLD
    03 4Runner Sport
    06 4Runner SR5
    00 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke Crew Cab 4x4 dually
    06 1-Ton Dodge Ram Quad Cab Dually Cummins Pickup

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    That ass looks so good even while she's dirty. Trying to figure out some smells after driving and some squeaking and rattling while driving. All in all, I'm so happy with the drive and the condition of the car as is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gill View Post

this pic scares me knowing how old those struts are and how heavy that rear hatch is....

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    this pic scares me knowing how old those struts are and how heavy that rear hatch is....
    Thanks for looking out, man. I will be definitely be more aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gill View Post
    Thanks for looking out, man. I will be definitely be more aware of it.

yep hatches are known to fall and they HURT BAD
    1994 6 Speed 6466 ETS Everything

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandFd3s View Post
    yep hatches are known to fall and they HURT BAD
    Yes Sir, totally. Thanks for looking out.

SupraForums Member
    Getting that much needed cleaning.

SupraForums Member
    Congrats on the purchase.

She definitely needs a good detailing and new headlights, but then, she should be looking good!
    2000 Nissan Silvia S15
    1993 baltic blue Toyota Supra TT EU-Spec (1 of 39 sold in Germany)
    1993 anthracite Toyota Supra TT J-Spec Hardtop -sold-

SupraForums Member
    Hello folks,

Few things we did over the weekend, nothing big just a few minor stuff done while I wait to get some parts delivered. Some RHD specific stuff is hard to find here. So Canada, and some other countries to the rescue. From Japan delivery charges are fuc8ng crazy.

Cleaned up the engine bay to find the oil leaks and cleaned the headlights, removed some oxidation from the paint. Lots more to go.

Most importantly, Now have to fix oil leaks and also some coolant leak and power steering leak... Ugh.

Been trying to find any common issues with all this leaks but I can't find any specifics so just going to do everything that we can, and cross our fingers it doesn't leak anymore. If any of you have some tips and suggestions on what to look for in leaks and stuff, please let me know.

half a quart just driving around from point a back to point a is fuc8ing horrible.

PS: also got the front OEM lip locally a few months back. Forgot to put it on last weekend, it will be on soon.
    Last edited by Mr.Gill; 01-28-2019 at 08:11 AM.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANKRacing View Post
    Congrats on the purchase.

She definitely needs a good detailing and new headlights, but then, she should be looking good!
    Yes sir, thank you.

Mhmmm that is a proper women haha, Congrats on the score!

I have a lot to learn, I thought that the rhd were all turbo. I see that I was mistake in my assumption. So clean though!

SupraForums Member
    She's leaking horribly. It's just because she's been sitting outside for a long time in Japan and then at my parents for a while, all the common leaks and seals started leaking at the same time, and it started misfiring here and there (hopefully) because of the dizzy o ring or such. Other than that, engine is sound and it still purrs.

do I........

A) start collecting parts necessary for an overhaul of the engine? And keep it in the state of OEM (more or less)

Or B) just buy a GTE motor and reseal and refresh that ? And enjoy the sound of whoosh, pssssst.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

SupraForums Member
    So, I got it registered and now the car is Fed LEGAL except for Commi-Fornia and Hawaii (I think). I got it registered in SD. Most nicest people at the revenue dept. working there, very fast and painless registration EVER and I did through mail. They give me a list for registering an import, and I provided everything on the list to a T.

SupraForums Member
    I've been resurrecting threads here and there because I'm looking for answers and a lot of them are kinda like mine but not exactly mine so here goes.

I've been reading the psi #s should be around the ~180 for the GE. However, We did a compression test on my motor, it was about ~240!!?? WTF!? And one cylinder being at ~190.

It was not that warm, as we test drove it in the morning and we were opening the engine up about 2pm. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

*Sigh*

* I posted this on a different thread, but never got a reply so I'm putting it here just for my records or just in case someone sees this and decides to chime in*🍻
    Attached Images

SupraForums Member
    Hello gang,

Just a lil update to Valen-Tina.

We did a few things to the motor in terms of refreshing and stuff.

Various Gaskets, seals, belts, O-rings, Water pump, tensioners, filters and sensors changed. The intake manifold was a biych and a half to open. Only bad design is for the IM to be on top of the cylinders that I can think of in the 2JZGE. ( Why oh why)

Other than that, I bought a Sony stereo 2Din with Android Auto, subwoofer, mb quart speakers, reverse camera, etc I'm researching blind spot monitors just because I'm going with an OEM+ theme, wanted to bring the Supra up to current tech of the 21st century -(only creature tech comfort stuff), not anything else. she looks way better and the pure joy of driving her will shame at least half of the new cars on the road today.

Also Bought a Celica steering wheel, needs a rewrap (which I bought also), have a momo steering wheel that I have installed in various cars over the years, still a toss up between the Celica steering or the momo.

Bought Polished dash rings, proimport dash surround stuff, license plate garnish surround, footrest, dash wrap, stubby antenna, OEM Lip (which makes the car look sooo much better), lights, LEDs, Bride RO rails (thanks @whitetiger777), R1 brakes and rotors, new wheels and tires, new floor mats, weighted gear knob, SS PS and Brake lines, etc I know there's more that I can't bother remembering right now.

Then after she's all buttoned up (hopefully soon) a good detail, maybe an exhaust, I dunno yet. I just love how quiet she is actually. She's got just enough bark at WOT. I might want more down the road, but then again, I dunno.

Supposed to be In Hawaii right now but my oldest got really sick so we cancelled the trip.... Let's see, maybe I could take him to the Supra meet tomorrow 3/19 in Downey. That might make him feel better, seeing all the supras in one spot, like all his car toys when he lines them up, but only for real this time.

On another note, if someone is willing to help me button the Supra back together because unfortunately, my boy is stuck with some relative passing so... (he was coming from the bay to help me), yeah HMU if you could just help me button the motor back up, (I'll pay you) at this point, the pulleys , Timing belt and serpentine belt are already on so what's left is only the valve cover bits, IM, plugs, plug wires, and vacuum lines, brakes, PS line and then fill her up with oil and coolant and let her rip (I think, AFAIK) {the pic below doesn't show the current state the motor is in, it's more complete than that, the valve cover is on and the belts, etc. I'll shoot a pic tomorrow of what the engine looks like currently.

I will help obviously, I just can't lead because I'm just not that smart when it comes to mechanical stuff and I got major back problems and knee issues (from deployments) and I definitely want to get this done by someone who is good with the Supras. 20190304_112634_1552976919570.jpg20190304_112634_1552976919570.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr.Gill; 03-19-2019 at 12:41 AM.

SupraForums Member
    Tools, tools and more tools. Can't never get enough of tools, and parts... always buying parts.

I think I already see a few things I'm not going to be putting on ... and project car woes never end....

You always need something again and again. And sometimes when you get it, you think... Ahh, I should have got the other one. Maybe it's just me. LoL.

Right now, she's a garage decoration/table for boxes. Running out of space already. Have to make it a point to clean up/organize the garage after she's done, can't access some stuff at the back because the way she's parked. Can't wait for the spring cleaning trash pick up where you could throw big bulky items such as furnitures, fridge and stuff.

On another note, tried to change the shifter boot only to realize I misplaced the set of shifter and e-brake boot. Hopefully, I didn't accidently throw it away ...

That's all for now, I really hope she will be running before my b-day next week. Till then,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in