Quote Originally Posted by james.milner View Post
    Congratulations! She's a beauty you guy devil
    Thanks, bro

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Rough Girl is in SoCal, finally. Now, time to treat her right and get her squared away.

Rather than charging the battery, again and again because it's been sitting in the parents garage for the past 6 months or so.... got a new battery.

She died at the gas station, and then bought a new battery from Toyota. While in a pinch, at Autozone, the battery was the same price, So got a good deal on a Toyota Battery with a military discount and a better warranty. Win here. Lol

A number of PM things need to be looked at soon. Driving in the rain caused it to have a check engine light go on while driving, turned off the car and started it again and the CEL went away. Hmmm. Peculiar.

Last edited by Mr.Gill; 01-17-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Congrats Mr. Gill! Car is looking good. Have fun!
    94 Black TT Supra
    96 5spd 4Runner - SOLD
    03 4Runner Sport
    06 4Runner SR5
    00 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke Crew Cab 4x4 dually
    06 1-Ton Dodge Ram Quad Cab Dually Cummins Pickup

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    That ass looks so good even while she's dirty. Trying to figure out some smells after driving and some squeaking and rattling while driving. All in all, I'm so happy with the drive and the condition of the car as is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gill View Post

this pic scares me knowing how old those struts are and how heavy that rear hatch is....

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    this pic scares me knowing how old those struts are and how heavy that rear hatch is....
    Thanks for looking out, man. I will be definitely be more aware of it.

Thanks for looking out, man. I will be definitely be more aware of it.

yep hatches are known to fall and they HURT BAD
    1994 6 Speed 6466 ETS Everything

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandFd3s View Post
    yep hatches are known to fall and they HURT BAD
    Yes Sir, totally. Thanks for looking out.

SupraForums Member
    Getting that much needed cleaning.

SupraForums Member
    Congrats on the purchase.

She definitely needs a good detailing and new headlights, but then, she should be looking good!
    2000 Nissan Silvia S15
    1993 baltic blue Toyota Supra TT EU-Spec (1 of 39 sold in Germany)
    1993 anthracite Toyota Supra TT J-Spec Hardtop -sold-

SupraForums Member
    Hello folks,

Few things we did over the weekend, nothing big just a few minor stuff done while I wait to get some parts delivered. Some RHD specific stuff is hard to find here. So Canada, and some other countries to the rescue. From Japan delivery charges are fuc8ng crazy.

Cleaned up the engine bay to find the oil leaks and cleaned the headlights, removed some oxidation from the paint. Lots more to go.

Most importantly, Now have to fix oil leaks and also some coolant leak and power steering leak... Ugh.

Been trying to find any common issues with all this leaks but I can't find any specifics so just going to do everything that we can, and cross our fingers it doesn't leak anymore. If any of you have some tips and suggestions on what to look for in leaks and stuff, please let me know.

half a quart just driving around from point a back to point a is fuc8ing horrible.

PS: also got the front OEM lip locally a few months back. Forgot to put it on last weekend, it will be on soon.
    Last edited by Mr.Gill; 01-28-2019 at 08:11 AM.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANKRacing View Post
    Congrats on the purchase.

She definitely needs a good detailing and new headlights, but then, she should be looking good!
    Yes sir, thank you.

Mhmmm that is a proper women haha, Congrats on the score!

I have a lot to learn, I thought that the rhd were all turbo. I see that I was mistake in my assumption. So clean though!

SupraForums Member
    She's leaking horribly. It's just because she's been sitting outside for a long time in Japan and then at my parents for a while, all the common leaks and seals started leaking at the same time, and it started misfiring here and there (hopefully) because of the dizzy o ring or such. Other than that, engine is sound and it still purrs.

do I........

A) start collecting parts necessary for an overhaul of the engine? And keep it in the state of OEM (more or less)

Or B) just buy a GTE motor and reseal and refresh that ? And enjoy the sound of whoosh, pssssst.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

SupraForums Member
    So, I got it registered and now the car is Fed LEGAL except for Commi-Fornia and Hawaii (I think). I got it registered in SD. Most nicest people at the revenue dept. working there, very fast and painless registration EVER and I did through mail. They give me a list for registering an import, and I provided everything on the list to a T.

SupraForums Member
    I've been resurrecting threads here and there because I'm looking for answers and a lot of them are kinda like mine but not exactly mine so here goes.

I've been reading the psi #s should be around the ~180 for the GE. However, We did a compression test on my motor, it was about ~240!!?? WTF!? And one cylinder being at ~190.

It was not that warm, as we test drove it in the morning and we were opening the engine up about 2pm. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

*Sigh*

* I posted this on a different thread, but never got a reply so I'm putting it here just for my records or just in case someone sees this and decides to chime in*🍻
    Attached Images

SupraForums Member
    Hello gang,

Just a lil update.

We did a few things to the motor in terms of refreshing and stuff.

Various Gaskets, seals, belts, O-rings, Water pump, tensioners, filters and sensors changed. The intake manifold was a biych and a half to open. Only bad design is for the IM to be on top of the cylinders that I can think of in the 2JZGE. ( Why oh why)

Other than that, I bought a Sony stereo 2Din with Android Auto, subwoofer, mb quart speakers, reverse camera, etc I'm researching blind spot monitors just because I'm going with an OEM+ theme, wanted to bring the Supra up to current tech of the 21st century -(only creature tech comfort stuff), not anything else. she looks way better and the pure joy of driving her will shame at least half of the new cars on the road today.

Also Bought a Celica steering wheel, needs a rewrap (which I bought also), have a momo steering wheel that I have installed in various cars over the years, still a toss up between the Celica steering or the momo.

Bought Polished dash rings, proimport dash surround stuff, license plate garnish surround, footrest, dash wrap, stubby antenna, OEM Lip (which makes the car look sooo much better), lights, LEDs, Bride RO rails (thanks @whitetiger777), R1 brakes and rotors, new wheels and tires, new floor mats, weighted gear knob, SS PS and Brake lines, etc I know there's more that I can't bother remembering right now.

Then after she's all buttoned up (hopefully soon) a good detail, maybe an exhaust, I dunno yet. I just love how quiet she is actually. She's got just enough bark. I might want more down the road, but then again, I dunno.

Supposed to be In Hawaii right now but my oldest got really sick so we cancelled the trip.... Let's see, maybe I could take him to the Supra meet tomorrow 3/19 in Downey. That might make him feel better, seeing all the supras in one spot, like all his car toys when he lines them up, but only for real this time.

On another note, if someone is willing to help me button the Supra back together because unfortunately, my boy is stuck with some relative passing so... (he was coming from the bay to help me), yeah HMU if you could just help me button the motor back up, (I'll pay you) at this point, the pulleys , Timing belt and serpentine belt are already on so what's left is only the valve cover bits, IM, plugs, plug wires, and vacuum lines, brakes, PS line and then fill her up with oil and coolant and let her rip (I think, AFAIK) {the pic below doesn't show the current state the motor is in, it's more complete than that, the valve cover is on and the belts, etc. I'll shoot a pic tomorrow of what the engine looks like currently.

I will help obviously, I just can't lead because I'm just not that smart when it comes to mechanical stuff and I got major back problems and knee issues (from deployments) and I definitely want to get this done by someone who is good with the Supras. 20190304_112634_1552976919570.jpg20190304_112634_1552976919570.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr.Gill; 05-01-2019 at 01:42 AM.

SupraForums Member
    Tools, tools and more tools. Can't never get enough of tools, and parts... always buying parts.

I think I already see a few things I'm not going to be putting on ... and project car woes never end....

You always need something again and again. And sometimes when you get it, you think... Ahh, I should have got the other one. Maybe it's just me. LoL.

Right now, she's a garage decoration/table for boxes. Running out of space already. Have to make it a point to clean up/organize the garage after she's done, can't access some stuff at the back because the way she's parked. Can't wait for the spring cleaning trash pick up where you could throw big bulky items such as furnitures, fridge and stuff.

On another note, tried to change the shifter boot only to realize I misplaced the set of shifter and e-brake boot. Hopefully, I didn't accidently throw it away ...

That's all for now, I really hope she will be running before my b-day next week. Till then,

SupraForums Member
    update.

01 May 2019

I have been driving the car for almost a whole month, almost everyday. I took the car out every chance I got.

I'm talking about home Depot, picking up my kid from school (surprising him, his reaction was priceless.), Dates, even said to my family members "hey, you want a ride in the Supra?" rides, night drives around the block with my son (on his requests) etc etc.

Had minor hiccups with a misfiring (fixed itself miraculously) and seat issue (I put the recaro in for now) but other than that, the car brings me so much of Joy. Always brings a smile on my face.

Let me see if I can convey my feelings with the lady in white in words...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

When I look at her, she makes me dazed in a way, I kinda forget for a split second, I have this feeling of surreal-ness everyday that there she is in my drive way.

When I take a seat, it really feels she just wrapped me in her arms from behind, over my shoulders, slowly and gently and when I start her, it feels like I just went to held her hand, or she, mine. I get this smooth idle vibrations around the head and the ear which sounds like she is whispering "Everything in Life is going to be OK"

When I start the drive, oh what joy it is. Feels like The grip on the hand is just right, feels like she's saying at this point, "do it your way," feels like every single drive is into the sunset with fall colored leaves lining both sides of the course way.

She doesn't say no, she doesn't tell anyone my secrets, she has all of mine as I do hers. She was meant for this, she was built to do this, and she does it in such style, pizzazz and grace, What character, what personality she has, that I just can't get enough of her, like trying to impress my crush day in day out. Except, there she is, waiting for me, everyday, in my driveway.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Went to the Supra meet in Downey, Last week or two. Nice Nice people all around. Great camaraderie, every body was willing to help in some way. Met Mr. Ken Henderson and OMG. Amazing Person. His aura was radiating. Basically met my idol in the Supra world and real life, when I mature as a person, if I EVER... I want to be exactly like that man.

Long story short, he helped me in our journey In upgrading the lady. And let me tell you, I'm so blessed to have this much support from the community and The OG himself. It's simply awesome and unbelievable at the same time.

On a side note, I know I posted this on Mr Henderson's topic about Blackie but let me tell you briefly- I had Blackie's poster on my wall while I was deployed and on my wall in my barracks room stateside too and in one way or another Blackie kept my demons at bay, but whatever, them demons can kiss my a** now. Life is good and life is precious.

And then, oh.. to actually meet the man, was surreal and him visiting, helping me with an upgrade and conversing at my place was like wow. Unbelievable! Like I said, I'm blessed. Anyways, here is some shots of the Lady in white aka HikoHiko (my son named her that, BTW) I dunno why. But hey, .

Thanks for reading my blabber.

SupraForums Member
    Pics

Oh, and BTW- the stares and attention is unreal. People love taking pics of the car. If I can make someone happy by way of the Supra, hey, why not?! But for real though, the attention to the car is CRAZY.

I think I really blabbered too much now.

Over and out.

V/R,
    Mr. Gill

P/S: note to self: please put the bumper lip and active spoiler lip back on. Geez. Car looks like it lost its bottom "lip" c'mon man.
    Last edited by Mr.Gill; 05-01-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Twin Meister
    update.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Went to the Supra meet in Downey, Last week or two. Nice Nice people all around. Great camaraderie, every body was willing to help in some way. Met Mr. Ken Henderson and OMG. Amazing Person. His aura was radiating. Basically met my idol in the Supra world and real life, when I mature as a person, if I EVER... I want to be exactly like that man.

Long story short, he helped me in our journey In upgrading the lady. And let me tell you, I'm so blessed to have this much support from the community and The OG himself. It's simply awesome and unbelievable at the same time.

On a side note, I know I posted this on Mr Henderson's topic about Blackie but let me tell you briefly- I had Blackie's poster on my wall while I was deployed and on my wall in my barracks room stateside too and in one way or another Blackie kept my demons at bay, but whatever, them demons can kiss my a** now. Life is good and life is precious.

And then, oh.. to actually meet the man, was surreal and him visiting, helping me with an upgrade and conversing at my place was like wow. Unbelievable! Like I said, I'm blessed. Anyways, here is some shots of the Lady in white aka HikoHiko (my son named her that, BTW) I dunno why. But hey, .

Thanks for reading my blabber.

Rishi,

You are too kind. It was great meeting you a couple weeks ago at the Downey Supra meet, and even better when we shared some good Supra fellowship this past Tuesday. The car has come a long way and will only get better as you continue to clean up and implement the judicious upgrades you have planned for her in the near future. As you have already noted, just getting the lip spoiler installed will make a huge difference in the overall presentation and complete the exterior look you are after as of now .

A couple suggestions I can offer that, hopefully, will aid you in your work on the car. As you know, the hood is aluminum on these cars and of a fine, sturdy grade. That said, they are not overly difficult to ding but can be difficult to fix when dings are identified. The reason for this is, if you have dings located directly above the hood's exoskeleton, they can be near impossible to access. Secondarily, removing dings from aluminum is not as easy as removing them from sheet metal. As such, I encourage you not to place boxes and the sort on your hood (or anywhere else on the car) as temporary storage locations. While this applies to remaining ding free to the extent possible, it also applies to paint quality and ensuring your paint reflects all the hard work you have, and continue to put, into your car.

So, as a friendly suggestion, I would not place anything or anybody on any part of the exterior of the car for the reasons noted. Also, when closing the hood, it is best to hold it a foot or so above the car, toss it upwards slightly and let it close on its own. When hoods are closed the traditional way (initial latching and, then, and press into place with hands), it almost always results in sizable dings caused by the hands that closed the hood. You do not want this.

Thank you for the story of your poster of Blackie while deployed. It was heartwarming to hear it from you directly. I didn't thank you for your service then, but I am now, and I am glad Blackie had a small role in keeping you focused on the right things and motivated to do what you're doing with your white beauty once you arrived back at home safe and sound. It was great meeting your family and to see the Supra DNA already apparent in your 4-year old son. Best of luck on your Supra odyssey and I'm sure we'll be talking soon.

Ken.
    Last edited by KenHenderson; 05-02-2019 at 01:32 AM.
    www.sp-power.com
    HKS 3.4L: 1110 all-boost whp/839 lb-ft @ 2.6KG/CM^2
    1994 "SP ENGINEERING" TWIN HKS GT3240 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type 5MT
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Hardtop/Sunroof 5MT (BPU)
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo Hard Top (BPU)
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

SupraForums Member
    Thanks for every single word that you penned . I hear you loud and clear. WILCO.

We will see you soon, Mr. Henderson, sir.

Very respectfully,
    Rishi G

SupraForums Member
    Getting the lips installed today. I can't wait to actually see how it looks with the OEM Lip and active aero spoiler

SupraForums Member supralover93's Avatar
    hey just found this thread. cars looking great. i'll be in socal this weekend, please lmk if there are any meets going on. would love to finally meet some of the socal guys.
    §§
    93 turbo targa
    auto
    BPU

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in