Tomei will be releasing a full titanium exhaust for the MKIV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tomei will be releasing a full titanium exhaust for the MKIV.

Tomei will be releasing a full titanium exhaust for the MKIV.

Heads up for those of you who already didn't know, but Tomei is planning on releasing a full titanium exhaust in 2019.

I had a Tomei full titanium on my GTR and was really happy with the quality and how light it was. I will be getting one for the MKIV and will do a thorough review.

tomei2 by Jeff Willis, on Flickr

tomei1 by Jeff Willis, on Flickr
    My old and current favorites.

Old:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-KrBytvXLE

Current:
    04 Porsche GT3
    87 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    93.5 Premier Edition Original TT

Poopra by Jeff Willis, on Flickr

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

It needs to come out straight not at an angle, jdm style.
    My build thread: https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ox-VMount-MKIV
    instagram: kingerm_supra

Wholesome creamy goodness Supraman16's Avatar
    Looks very nice and LOUD! Wish it would be something more streetable without attracting more attention. But definitely interested to see how this sounds.
    2008 Star Fire Pearl Lexus IS-F
    1997 Custom Pearl White Supra TT BPU+++

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Blog Entries
    Looks interesting. Not sure about an exhaust that attaches to the factory pre-cat though. I'd be more interested in a cat back like most other exhausts. I guess one could modify their MP to make it work. Looks interesting.

Steve

1993.5 Anthracite 6 SPD//PRO EFI//PTE6766//3-Row//E-85Fuel Sys//PHR I/M//GSC//IP 10/1 motor//Manley//RPS C/C//CCW C14//Brembo BBK//TRD LSD//930WHP/38PSI
    2009 BMW 535i Sport FBO
    2011 Land Cruiser

SupraForums Member
    I like how it looks and the reduced weight but if it's louder than my Gen2 TRD I'm not interested.
    Nick 95 6sp
    Twin Garrett GT2860's w/TiAL SS exhaust housings, WG's and BOV's, V-band moded HKS twin manifolds, AEM v2, AEM WB, ID1000's,
    AEM meth/water spray, GSC S1's, ported head, Ferrea valvetrain, CP pistons w/crown & skirt coatings, Carrillo H-beams,
    OS Giken triple clutch & Super Lock LSD, Racelogic TC, TRD gen2 catback
    street wheels: Veilside EvoV 9-1/2"F X 10-1/2"R with 265/35F & 285/35R NT05's
    track wheels: CCW LM5 10"F X 11-1/2"R with 285/30F & 315/30R R888's

Twin Meister
    I echo Steve's comments about connection to the factory pre-cat. Internal diameter?

Ken.
    www.sp-power.com
    HKS 3.4L: 1110 all-boost whp/839 lb-ft @ 2.6KG/CM^2
    1994 "SP ENGINEERING" TWIN HKS GT3240 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type 5MT
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Hardtop/Sunroof 5MT (BPU)
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo Hard Top (BPU)
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

i recorded mark7m001.mp3 Mark 2JZ's Avatar
    Likely not larger than 90mm. From the looks of it, probably 75mm at the first flange explanding to 80-85mm or so.

I’ve had this exhaust on a GDB STi and it was extremely light and loud. Very high quality though....

It’s nice that our cars are still relevant but surprising that there are very few non-cannon style, for lack of a better word, exhausts available. Too bad there isn’t something similar to the OG Tanabe G-power medallion but with a 3.5-4.0 ID.
    1994 Supra PT71GTQ

Twin Meister
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark 2JZ View Post
    Likely not larger than 90mm. From the looks of it, probably 75mm at the first flange explanding to 80-85mm or so.

Iíve had this exhaust on a GDB STi and it was extremely light and loud. Very high quality though....

Itís nice that our cars are still relevant but surprising that there are very few non-cannon style, for lack of a better word, exhausts available. Too bad there isnít something similar to the OG Tanabe G-power medallion but with a 3.5-4.0 ID.
    My 90 mm VeilSide titanium didn't have the 75 mm pinch but, around town, it was actually louder than my HKS ti at certain revs, particularly pulling away from a dead stop (this was on a 3.4L stroker, with a ported head, 272 cams and a custom, high-flow HKS twins set-up kit, so LOTS of exhaust flow). IIRC, the VeilSide was a tad bit straighter and had, what appears to be from the pics of the Tomei, a less aggressive muffler section. It's possible the exhaust routing, combined with the muffler section and the 75 mm first flange could keep the decibel level manageble, but I'm just guessing here.

Ken.

SupraForums Member
    Always good to have options, I have a local friend who picked up a Mk4 that may be getting some BPU upgrades. This seems like it might be up his alley in the sound department.

So what, that brings us to at least four, perhaps five titanium options for the Mk4? I'm still waiting for a Mk3 option, fully aware that there probably isn't a tenth of the market for them. Still, a guy can dream!
    -Brad
    87 Supra 1jz, monster in the making
    99 Miata DD, 46 Chevy Fleetmaster garage ornament

My understanding is this is true 4" cat back and 3" downpipe back.

like others have mentioned, I think ideally this would be better as a catback. In the same token, who wants a catback that necks down to 2.75' and then back up to 4" anymore? Most likely you'd want to weld on 4" V band for a true 4" straight through connection (as very few of us run factory downpipes and midpipes anymore.

MSRP is $1,099 for this exhaust which is still way cheaper then the HKS Titanium which only has a titanium muffler.
    "The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten"

Daily driver: 2010 ACURA TSX
    Weekend Warrior: 95 Alpine Silver TT l BorgWarner S366 l JDl AutoFab l Power House Racing l AEM Infinity
    Follow my build here! https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...transformation

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rscott22 View Post

like others have mentioned, I think ideally this would be better as a catback. In the same token, who wants a catback that necks down to 2.75' and then back up to 4" anymore? Most likely you'd want to weld on 4" V band for a true 4" straight through connection (as very few of us run factory downpipes and midpipes anymore.

MSRP is $1,099 for this exhaust which is still way cheaper then the HKS Titanium which only has a titanium muffler.
    Where did you see that? I can't find it on their USA website.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 1A1 View Post
    Where did you see that? I can't find it on their USA website.

Steve
    Looks like info is up now here:

https://us11.campaign-archive.com/?e...&id=e938034c28

I have a regular 4" MP with VBand setup will need to figure that part out but great price.
    Black Onyx 95 HT NA->VVTI GTE/V160/BW SXE/Infinity 6/8XXHP/[email protected] on E85 built and tuned by Freed Engineering
    Black Onyx 00 GS400 Platinum/RSR Coils/TSW Rascasse/CatBack Exhaust/Cruiser

Twin Meister
    Quote Originally Posted by rscott22 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird View Post
    Looks like info is up now here:

https://us11.campaign-archive.com/?e...&id=e938034c28

I have a regular 4" MP with VBand setup will need to figure that part out but great price.
    It's always good to have another choice for our beloved JZA80s from a top-notch JDM manufacturer like Tomei.

If I understand this correctly, an apples to apples comparison with the HKS would require the expenditure of $1,540 for the Tomei mid-pipe and muffler. I purchased an extra HKS Racing Titanium from a forum vendor for $980 shipped. It must be said that nothing beats titanium for weight reduction and the Tomei is almost exactly 50% of the HKS ti's all-in weight of 26-pounds.

More here old school 4-inch exhausts for those who need a cure for their insomnia: https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...SP-Engineering

Ken.

Blog Entries
    Ken,

For $1090 you get the exhaust from the cat-back, adapter, silencer, and needed hardware to install. For an additional $140.00 you get the universal adapter for those that have 4 inch mid-pipes, for an additional $450.00 you get the 3-3.5 inch mid pipe that connects to the factory pre-cat.

It's actually a really good deal for a true all titanium exhaust. The cat-back portion weighs 13lbs, so similar to the veil side Titanium.

If you follow the link it breaks it down. I spoke to OCD about it today as well.

Steve K>

It is extremely nice. We just installed one on a car. We will post pictures tomorrow.
    Geo- Supra Forums Supporting Vendor
    www.RealStreetPerformance.com

95 Supra White [email protected] Street car on ethanol, air to air intercooler, wet no cement OEM block, drag radials.
    97 Supra Grigio Sold
    93.5 Supra 3.4 RS1600 Precision Turbo 8685 TH400 ---- Sold
    94 Supra 3.4L 7675HP-BB 1139whp 950 tq ----SOLD
    https://instagram.com/geo2jz
    https://www.instagram.com/realstreetperformance/
    Like my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/geo2jz
    Email me [email protected] or you can text/whatsapp me at +1 407-724-2484

Quote Originally Posted by Geo2JZ View Post
    It is extremely nice. We just installed one on a car. We will post pictures tomorrow.
    Nice looking forward to the pics, did the car have 4" DP/MP?

Wholesome creamy goodness Supraman16's Avatar
    Damit, why can't this be a bit quieter?? Looks like an awesome exhaust though!

Twin Meister
    Quote Originally Posted by 1A1 View Post
    Ken,

For $1090 you get the exhaust from the cat-back, adapter, silencer, and needed hardware to install. For an additional $140.00 you get the universal adapter for those that have 4 inch mid-pipes, for an additional $450.00 you get the 3-3.5 inch mid pipe that connects to the factory pre-cat.

It's actually a really good deal for a true all titanium exhaust. The cat-back portion weighs 13lbs, so similar to the veil side Titanium.

If you follow the link it breaks it down. I spoke to OCD about it today as well.

Steve K>

Thanks for the clarification, Steve. Appreciate it.

Ken.

FINALLY Tomei has stepped up to the plate to offer an affordable quality Titanium Exhaust for the MKIV Supra!

This system features a full 4" system with the slip on 2 bolt 3" transition adapter to mount to stock midpipe or upgraded downpipes on stock twins.

The complete system drops an astounding 25.79lbs from the stock exhaust so massive weight savings to be had here! The muffler body is also constructed of high quality titanium, same as the piping, with a burnt finish on either end for a very clean look. Included with each system is a removable silencer which takes it from 103db down to 94db!

Contact me today to be one of the first with this amazing exhaust on your Supra!

Email:[email protected]
    Cell/Text/Whatsapp: 321-295-4728

Robert
    www.RealStreetPerformance.com
    Email: [email protected]
    Work: 407-695-7223 x122
    Cell (Whatsapp / Text / iMessage): 321-295-4728

^^^Beautiful, thanks for posting Robert.

What a work of art. I have the Apexi N1 ExTi so a full Ti system is awesome. Do you have pics of it after the metal has went though a heat cycle?
    ​1993.5 Toyota Supra TT 6spd-Black
    2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Offroad -Super White
    2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S-Carrara White
    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale S ABS-Arctic White

Quote Originally Posted by kingerm View Post
    It needs to come out straight not at an angle, jdm style.
    +100. Some of us don't want to look like a 19 year old kid.

Al
    94TT Auto, 6466
    [email protected] 27 psi 4/16/16
    Previous setup: HKS Twin 2835's
    [email protected] 32 psi, 10/29/06

Previous car: 90 Talon AWD, 5 spd, FP Red (60-1)
    [email protected] built motor, 28 psi, Sept 2000

Quote Originally Posted by T6Rocket View Post
    +100. Some of us don't want to look like a 19 year old kid.

Al
    A big blue tip wouldn't help mask the 19 yr oldness either. Off the top of my head the TRD, Super Dragger and PE were the only ones that came out straight (no pun intended) Were there other ones?

I'd be interested to hear some sound clips of this on a BPU car. My exhaust set-up now is real quiet.
    1998 Supra Turbo QFX 6 spd

Quote Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
    A big blue tip wouldn't help mask the 19 yr oldness either. Off the top of my head the TRD, Super Dragger and PE were the only ones that came out straight (no pun intended) Were there other ones?
    I have an ATR (Applied Technology and Research) exhaust that has a straight muffler. The exhaust is from before 2002, and I think the company is now defunct. They used to sell a lot of Grand National parts.

Al

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in