1JZ Build Questions

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1JZ Build Questions

1JZ Build Questions

Im 100% Sure this has been answered a billion times but im looking for a general answer/list to my question. Im 18 years old and ive saved up money for my first project. I have wanted a mk3 supra RHD 1jz for awhile now and im ready to pull the plug. Most complete rhd 1jz mk3’s go for around $11-14k, (which are usually bone stock)in my area (NY) and I cannot afford that, so im going to piece my build together as I save up cash. Im shooting for 500-550 hp and Im looking for a complete list of what I need. So far to my knowledge im looking at

a cast manifold
    walbro or bosch 044 pump
    id1000 injectors
    s366
    cx racing intercooler

Im looking for any advice or knowledge!
    Im not sure what tune I will go with, either haltech or AEM. Are standalones necessary for the 500hp mark? And E85 is accessible to me (e85 station is 1 mile away). So I will most definitely be running an E mix or full e85.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I'm running nearly 500hp with bc 264 cams, 800cc injectors, precision 6266, and an AEM FIC 6. The fic (fuel ignition controller) is a great little piece of hardware that will give you lots of flexibility without the 2k price tag that comes with a standalone and has all kinds of features similar to a standalone

SupraForums Member
    good luck finding a cast manifold for a 1JZ! I tried for a long time and coundn't find anything anywhere!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member

1JZ Build Questions

Quote Originally Posted by 1jznosheet View Post
    Im 100% Sure this has been answered a billion times but im looking for a general answer/list to my question. Im 18 years old and ive saved up money for my first project. I have wanted a mk3 supra RHD 1jz for awhile now and im ready to pull the plug. Most complete rhd 1jz mk3’s go for around $11-14k, (which are usually bone stock)in my area (NY) and I cannot afford that, so im going to piece my build together as I save up cash. Im shooting for 500-550 hp and Im looking for a complete list of what I need. So far to my knowledge im looking at

a cast manifold
    walbro or bosch 044 pump
    id1000 injectors
    s366
    cx racing intercooler

Im looking for any advice or knowledge!
    Im not sure what tune I will go with, either haltech or AEM. Are standalones necessary for the 500hp mark? And E85 is accessible to me (e85 station is 1 mile away). So I will most definitely be running an E mix or full e85.

Where is that E85 station? The one on Woodhaven BLVD by metropolitan?

Fellow Queens guy here.

Edit: You are 18?! Chill. Save that money now and if you want, buy yourself a MKIV. The MK3 are nice, I had one with a 1JZ but the MKIV are still affordable and with doing the build you want, you will approach the cost of a NA. I did.

I did this same thing and probably could of bought a TT6 if I saved it back then in 2011.
    Last edited by BoostPsiKPA; 04-11-2019 at 02:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in