Supras in Vegas (SIV) 2019 - October 10 - 11 - MAIN EVENT - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Supras in Vegas (SIV) 2019 - October 10 - 11 - MAIN EVENT

Shant,

Thank you and I totally get what you are saying. As long as I make enough to cover my fuel and travel, I am good. Yes your numbers make a lot of sense, but we have to almost weigh out what is worth more the 20k or allowing more people to participate.

Also Captain brought up a good point, why should the registration be higher to cover the drags. Dyno is already on the list, we charge extra and usually get about 25 cars in. 4 years ago we charged $100 extra for drag racing, barely got 20 cars registered.

Also, there are other things to consider for costs, not just the drag strip. And the money needs to be available early as for LVMS, Spring Mountain or any other major track event, 50% must be paid at the time of reservation. We usually break the 100 mark around late June, this poses a problem when you have to reserve the track a year in advance.

I know drag racing is a staple of from before, I enjoy it too, but it has become difficult to cater to it. Also, the demand is not high enough. If someone is willing to push for it to happen for 2020, please contact me direct, and I will receive them with open arms.
    www.suprasinvegas.org

1986.5 - Brown Pearl MKIII - 1.5JZ - 9.0:1 Comp - Haltech: Current 558 whp @ 19psi / Single Turbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Miguel, just signed Megan and myself up. Gonna try to get both cars there this year. Looking forward to the autocross, even though I'll be doing it all summer as well, it will be good to be among other Supras doing it. So far, I've only seen Skip run his car, otherwise I've been the only one at the events up here... Now to figure out the logistics of bringing competitive tires while dealing with the realities of driving up north during October. I have a few ideas.

Two notes on the drag racing. This may not be the most appropriate thread for suggestions, but it does seem to see the most traffic in this section of the forum. First off, would anyone prefer to do drag racing rather than the dyno event? Show us what that power does to the pavement, rather than the paper? Just a thought here, but I think horsepower is a lot more fun to watch actually doing something than chaining it down and holding it back, as a spectator...

Secondly, would anyone be interested in going to the Midnight drags on that Wednesday night? I know the AZ crew tends to roll in on Wednesday afternoon, maybe we could get a contingent together to go and have some fun our at LVMS, unofficially.

Last point on motorsport events, Spring Mountain... I'm very, very interested in making this a reality. What can we do this year, in 2019, to make 2020 the first year for a road course event at SIV?
    -Brad
    87 Supra 1jz, monster in the making
    99 Miata DD, 46 Chevy Fleetmaster garage ornament

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmjdrift View Post
    We try to break even and have fun with our Supra friends
    This! Thank you, Miguel!
    2000 Nissan Silvia S15
    1993 baltic blue Toyota Supra TT EU-Spec (1 of 39 sold in Germany)
    1993 anthracite Toyota Supra TT J-Spec Hardtop -sold-

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

NiSmO [email protected] supergoji's Avatar
    I think the whole community should Donate to the event to be frank.
    Keep it alive and show vendors/parts suppliers there is a VERY active community. Benefits will come.
    I'd donate even if I coudn't make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OOBE View Post
    the shop power fucked you at 140 mph too :D
    Quote Originally Posted by x X CLoud X x View Post
    why the Hell is there a FUCKN SAILOR MOON ON A SUPRA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraLB View Post
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
    hell, he has a better chance of getting gov't funding to build the playboy mansion into an orbital launch vehicle to set a new record of nonstop consecutive orbital blowjobs from playboy playmates.
    94 Alpine Silver Supra TT 6spd ( for sale) https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=234504432
    91 Cherry Red Pearl Z32 TT 6spd

**** UPDATE ****

HOTEL INFORMATION AND LINK ARE UP

https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...5#post13861125

Not to be a downer, but as a newcomer (2019 will be my first year), I probably wouldn't have spent $200 to attend. Honestly, $70 seemed steep to me when I registered. I do understand that there's a lot of work that goes into the events, so THANK YOU to the organizers for keeping the price manageable for us poor people :-)

If you decide to raise the cost for 2020, maybe offer a discount for first timers? Alternatively, offer some sort of tiered pricing, with little bonuses for each level.

877mgte, we raised the registration from 60 to $70 3 years ago and always try to maintain that. Most single day import car shows range from $45 - $55.

$200 is not a number we plan to ever hit

SupraForums Member
    Well maybe if cheap ass MKIV owners want to pay 5x the entrance fee then you can afford to embrace your exclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1A1 View Post
    WOW, surprised that the MKV is allowed at this event since it really isn't a Supra.

Steve K.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in