when exactly are deliveries happening?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: when exactly are deliveries happening?

when exactly are deliveries happening?

To anyone already in line for a launch edition MKV, can you please confirm when exactly deliveries will be happening? So far all I can find are mentions of "July to August" or "late summer 2019"
    I was hoping we could narrow it down to a specific week...
    Last edited by ThatMKVGuy; 01-30-2019 at 02:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

that is what I'm hearing here at work. Late July or mid august
    Allen Castillo
    Elmhurst Toyota Parts
    COMMONLY REQUESTED PART NUMBERS LINK
    ONLINE ORDERING NOW AVAILABLE HERE PRICING IS SLIGHTLY CHEAPER
    Out of town:
    Mon-Fri 10:30AM - 8:00PM
    SAT 7:30AM - 3:00PM
    www.equnit.com FOR ALL YOUR CUSTOM BAG AND BACKPACK NEEDS
    http://www.mastermindna.com FOR ALL YOUR HARD TO FIND JDM PARTS, WHEELS AND AERO NEEDS
    [email protected]

SupraForums Member
    how many are you getting at Elmhurst?
    2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/BA6Jtw5pgzz47JeH7
    1994 MKIV Supra in RR (First Car in High School in '99) Auto to V160
    (Supra is being restored like new with surgery by Patrick94TT) Preview --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/69o8PpFoVQr9GPbk9

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SF Contributing Member 87supramario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatMKVGuy View Post
    To anyone ...
    I just wanted you to know, whatever happens here, you're that BMW guy. Goodluck with your investment.

^^^^ Cars aren't technically investments as they lose value over time in most cases. Even with that chart I still see tons of BMW's around here in the DC area.
    Black Onyx 95 HT NA->VVTI GTE/V160/BW SXE/Infinity 6/8XXHP/[email protected] on E85 built and tuned by Freed Engineering
    Black Onyx 00 GS400 Platinum/RSR Coils/TSW Rascasse/CatBack Exhaust/Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by darkloki View Post
    how many are you getting at Elmhurst?
    What i've heard is that release editions will be the only car released this summer my dealership will only be getting 1 car. The base model and premium edition as far as i've heard have not been given a release date at this point. so these cars will be very rare to see on the road depending on your region as far as i can tell.

Very Senior Member Silver Supra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird View Post
    ^^^^ Cars aren't technically investments as they lose value over time in most cases. Even with that chart I still see tons of BMW's around here in the DC area.
    Technically not, but it is money you are spending and money wasted is money that could have been invested wisely.
    '94 T Auto Silver Bullet | 471 rwhp at 15.5 psi |

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Supra View Post
    Technically not, but it is money you are spending and money wasted is money that could have been invested wisely.
    With that thinking let's all buy the cheapest A to B car and invest the rest then.

Why do luxury brands/options even exist then when the cheapest option will get you what you want when it comes to cars, watches, clothes, homes, airline seats, boats, etc........

The investment return for buyers of luxury is the experience or whatever they "feel" when they have those items. I get you're not a fan of the MKV and want it to fail but some people will buy/lease it regardless. No idea how many will or how Toyota will react if sales don't meet expectations but to say money should be invested instead of getting what you want isn't realistic not in a consumer based economy.

SupraForums Member
    Every single Part was scrutinized by Toyota and sent back to Japan for review on the motor, so one of two things either you are generalizing heavily or the Toyota Engineers are that retarded

:

With that thinking let's all buy the cheapest A to B car and invest the rest then.

Why do luxury brands/options even exist then when the cheapest option will get you what you want when it comes to cars, watches, clothes, homes, airline seats, boats, etc........

The investment return for buyers of luxury is the experience or whatever they "feel" when they have those items. I get you're not a fan of the MKV and want it to fail but some people will buy/lease it regardless. No idea how many will or how Toyota will react if sales don't meet expectations but to say money should be invested instead of getting what you want isn't realistic not in a consumer based economy.
    Every single Part was scrutinized by Toyota and sent back to Japan for review on the motor, so one of two things either you are generalizing heavily or the Toyota Engineers are that retarded

I see neither of you get my point. The money I am talking about wasting is on an unreliable car that needs more "maintenance and repair" than a similar car. I did NOT recommend buying a cheaper car, because that is a waste if it is not what you need/want and/or is less reliable. I suspect I understand the consumer-based economy much better than you give me credit for - I have been in it longer than nearly everyone on the board.
    As to the second comment - it has absolutely nothing to do with my comment - which is no surprise considering the source. The guts of the car is 99% BMW so none of the "review" BS matters.
    I am way over this car - since it turned out exactly as I expected based on all the earlier rumors.

^^^Tell you what a year or two from now when everyone that buys a MKV has it spending more time at dealer for maintenance and repair come back here and say I told you so.

My point is let the car come out give it time maybe Toyota's efforts to improve reliability will make an impact maybe not I would think with their name on the line they wouldn't risk it but again give it time don't just assume the worse. No one here wanted them to partner with BMW they should have kept it in house but again give it time then come back here and say I told you so to prove your own point.

^^^Tell you what a year or two from now when everyone that buys a MKV has it spending more time at dealer for maintenance and repair come back here and say I told you so.

My point is let the car come out give it time maybe Toyota's efforts to improve reliability will make an impact maybe not I would think with their name on the line they wouldn't risk it but again give it time don't just assume the worse. No one here wanted them to partner with BMW they should have kept it in house but again give it time then come back here and say I told you so to prove your own point.
    At best we'll see Toyota make it 'more Toyota' come time for the mid-production cycle refresh. For these first 3-4 years we'll have to put up with what we just seen as far as regular versions go.

SupraForums Member
    So in my Hometown every MKV Launch Edition is sold lol. And I suspect they've been sold without even knowing what color they're getting lol...

The Great Beast 666

:
    they were when they did not co-develop with Yamaha
    RIP Toyota Supra (1989-2002) The last of the true Toyota Sports cars.

Daily driver
    2015 dark grey Prius C.
    occasional toddler seat.

My pride and joy
    1995 MKIV twin turbo Automatic Alpine silver
    Greddy BCC
    HKS Carbon Ti exhaust system
    RMM downpipe
    Max Air air box
    HKS SSQ BOV
    18 inch Volk TE37s all around

The Great Beast 666
    I see neither of you get my point. The money I am talking about wasting is on an unreliable car that needs more "maintenance and repair" than a similar car. I did NOT recommend buying a cheaper car, because that is a waste if it is not what you need/want and/or is less reliable. I suspect I understand the consumer-based economy much better than you give me credit for - I have been in it longer than nearly everyone on the board.
    As to the second comment - it has absolutely nothing to do with my comment - which is no surprise considering the source. The guts of the car is 99% BMW so none of the "review" BS matters.
    I am way over this car - since it turned out exactly as I expected based on all the earlier rumors.

So since we'll be left in the dark till Toyota says something publically about MKV deliveries, I did some digging and discovered that Magna Steyr (company building our supra) is active on social media.

I suggest you guys stalk and even bother annoy them about it, maybe we'll gain some insight that can't be had elsewhere.

Magna on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsqDwlIHZBe/

Supra is super clean.. I love all generation. Yes even the new one.

The Great Beast 666
    So since we'll be left in the dark till Toyota says something publically about MKV deliveries, I did some digging and discovered that Magna Steyr (company building our supra) is active on social media.

I suggest you guys stalk and even bother annoy them about it, maybe we'll gain some insight that can't be had elsewhere.

this is not OUR Supra, hell its not even a Supra period, no MKIV ever came with Macpherson strut suspension.

The Great Beast 666

this is not OUR Supra, hell its not even a Supra period, no TRUE Supra would ever come with Macpherson strut suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by 95MKIVTT View Post
    this is not OUR Supra, hell its not even a Supra period, no TRUE Supra would ever come with Macpherson strut suspension.
    I will go out on a limb and say current MKIV owners and fans of the MKIV were not the target audience for the MKV. Toyota had to know we wouldn't truly like this car. Who the actual target audience is, is a mystery to me. While I'm disappointed in what it is I don't hate it as much as others here.

I'm not serious
    Administrator
    Just an FYI there are 2 or 3 new supraforums accounts that are on here run by Toyota marketing... Allegedly.
    pink painted powerfucked cat's ass - Jeff (Wreckless) 2018

Find me on IG: @sick_6
    supraforums on IG:@SUPRAFORUMSPICS
    Looking for turbo auto or 6spd Supras!
    93 Alpine Auto
    94 Alpine 6spd
    94 RR 6spd
    97 Alpine AT
    98 QS AT
    ①③⑤
    ├┼┼┐
    ②④⑥R

Quote Originally Posted by FasTTurbo View Post
    Just an FYI there are 2 or 3 new supraforums accounts that are on here run by Toyota marketing... Allegedly.
    That much is obvious. The "who" is pretty obvious , too.
    What is a shame is that they (Toyota) were not here on SF for the past few years listening to their most ardent supporters ideas about what a "new Supra" should be.

The Great Beast 666
    Quote Originally Posted by FasTTurbo View Post
    Who are they so we can report them to the Yakuza . lol

What is a shame is that they (Toyota) were not here on SF for the past few years listening to their most ardent supporters ideas about what a "new Supra" should be.
    or what a Supra is.

The Great Beast 666
    I will go out on a limb and say current MKIV owners and fans of the MKIV were not the target audience for the MKV. Toyota had to know we wouldn't truly like this car. Who the actual target audience is, is a mystery to me. While I'm disappointed in what it is I don't hate it as much as others here.
    we ARE the audience, since we are owners. If Toyoda made this for someone else, then they were completly ignoring true car enthusiests and trying to cash in on something they should not have.

I have a funny feeling the 2020 Lexus RCF track edition is secretly the REAL Supra MKV.

SupraForums Member mkivsoopratt's Avatar
    Or here seeing our disappointment in the discontinued parts
    “Lag is foreplay” - Biologist

1995 Toyota Supra Single Turbo 6 Speed Hardtop VVTi

1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T 5 speed

2017 Toyota Tacoma V6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in