when exactly are deliveries happening? - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: when exactly are deliveries happening?

SupraForums Member mkivsoopratt's Avatar
    I say we keep the forum name the same and move the mkv to the bmw forum.
    ďLag is foreplayĒ - Biologist

1995 Toyota Supra Single Turbo 6 Speed Hardtop VVTI

1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T 5 speed

2017 Toyota Tacoma V6

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkivsoopratt View Post
    I say we keep the forum name the same and move the mkv to the bmw forum.
    Fine by me, just go ahead and get it done, and make sure to change the image and the homepage as well.
    2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/BA6Jtw5pgzz47JeH7
    1994 MKIV Supra in RR (First Car in High School in '99) Auto to V160
    (Supra is being restored like new with surgery by Patrick94TT) Preview --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/69o8PpFoVQr9GPbk9

Quote Originally Posted by RivenKassle View Post
    I as a non-mechanic type am not going to drop that kind of cash on an already driven car thatís years old whoís parts are discontinued. Doesnít make sense to me. Now thereís a new Supra coming out that Iím going to buy.
    You are not a car enthusiast. Not just a Supra enthusiast , but not a car enthusiast at all. You are just an average car guy who likes to show off and usually needs car for "point A to point B". Your opinion is completely irrelevant when it comes to cars and driving

And yes, you should totally get MKV. And i dont mean this in a sarcastic way.

but people canít keep their MKV hate off of unrelated topics in a Supra forum. Start your own hate related thread and I can avoid it if I donít want to read it.

Forums exist so people can exchange their opinion(s). Even tho we are all Supra enthusiasts, we dont all have the exact same opinion on every aspect regarding the car, let alone other things not related to Supra. Do you think that every thread should be for the people that only agree with the subject? And if they dont, they'll be labeled as a haters? Whats wrong with you. If i say that car is ugly looking, lacks power and does not resemble "Supra family" in ANY WAY, its not hate...its a disappointment (and a fact). Now, if you have problem with people expressing disappointment on a public forum, maybe you should not be here. There...im sure MKV forum is full of kids who cant wait for their parents to buy them new Zupra so they can be "part of the family", and they'll all agree with you.

Most of the people that dislike Supra are the actual owners and/or , unlike you, long term Supra and Japanese (super)cars enthusiasts, who have good understanding of the philosophy/heritage behind the cars built in the "country of the rising sun" , and they dislike it for a reason.Do you see that even outside of this forum, there are a TONES of people totally disappointed with this car. Why do you think is that? Are they all just haters?

All youíre doing here is killing the forum experience for future MKV owners.

Awwww...you'll make me cry. Detergent-eating millennials wont come here because their feeling will be hurt...Stop by at SFOT so i can tell you how much i care about new MKV owners.

Iíll keep waiting for this to blow over because I can see there are fun intelligent conversations being made by people who are unbiased or at least willing to withhold judgement and allow others to have their enjoyment.

You mean people who agree with you, right?

If thatís how itís going to be, change the name of the forum and remove the MKV from the graphic banner on the homepage.

THANK YOU!!! I've been thinking about this for a days now....i cant bare to look at this ugly POS every time i open SF.

If its possible, i will ask moderators (or whoever is in charge) to remove that red odd looking subject from the banner, please.
    It's a Psychedelic Trance thing.....you wouldn't understand.

The fun starts @145bpm

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

There are a few people who like to cuss people out, so be prepared to dish it back or laugh.

Very Senior Member Silver Supra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkloki View Post
    Fine by me, just go ahead and get it done, and make sure to change the image and the homepage as well.
    That was already suggested/requested but the owners won't listen to Supra owners either.
    '94 T Auto Silver Bullet | 471 rwhp at 15.5 psi |

The Great Beast 666
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruma View Post
    What's the point?
    You want to win at drag racing.
    RIP Toyota Supra (1989-2002) The last of the true Toyota Sports cars.

Daily driver
    2015 dark grey Prius C.
    occasional toddler seat.

My pride and joy
    1995 MKIV twin turbo Automatic Alpine silver
    Greddy BCC
    HKS Carbon Ti exhaust system
    RMM downpipe
    Max Air air box
    HKS SSQ BOV
    18 inch Volk TE37s all around

The Great Beast 666
    Quote Originally Posted by LexISpooled View Post

Toyota took note of its terrible MKIV sales and we all saw the fail of Acura with the NSX, Nissan with today’s MSRP of 110k+
    If you guys can have a mortgage, business, family, etc and modify a brand new $100k+ car. More power to you, this car isn’t for you it’s for the masses. Right or wrong to the purist it’s the path they chose. They could have gone complete opposite and chose to make a record breaking sports car in electric that would destroy the GTR in performance with a great looking chassis and masses would cry they would have taken another 320hp I6 TT. People domt like change and some embrace it, I for one see the potential here. Just like the MKIV it wasn’t the best factory Jap nor the most earth shattering in performance, aftermarket made the MKIV what it is. I see the MKV getting a ton of personalization and aftermarket and it will make the car once again.

Not many knew of the actual performacne of the MKIV back in the day as they do now. Toyota could have shown that, instead they went all German on it and instead of using Yamaha like they did with the LFA and the 2JZGTE they went with crap. Along with horrible front suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by mkivsoopratt View Post
    Just like with politics once you bring up Hitler your argument is invalid. I believe only 10% were memebers of his party.
    Thats cause you live in/are from Florida. Where it is mostly Nazi's lol just kidding

The majority of German people aligned with Hitler. What’s your point?
    Toyota could not care less about what diehard MKIV owners want. If they did they would have made a 3JZ I6 TT with a 1000tq capable getrag 6spd and DCT with a cockpit interior and 10 sec 1/4 times off the show room floor.
    it had a cockpit interiort and the point is, they went with a stellar example when building the LFA aka using thier old engine maker Yamaha.. this... this was what the new celica of 2000 was like, ricer's wet dream (with an albiet great engine)
    Last edited by 95MKIVTT; 02-14-2019 at 11:46 PM.

The Great Beast 666
    Quote Originally Posted by darkloki View Post
    If you have no intention of buying an MKV why do you care when deliveries are happening? in other words wtf are you doing in this thread...
    because we are SUPRA owners, who saw promise when the LFA was made and released and eaglerly waited looking to see if Toyota would do the same with the MKV then were pissed when Toyota took a giant Cleavlend Steamer on our chests at the Detroit Auto Show.

Iíve never seen so many grown men turn into complete babies about the MKV.

The MKIV had its day, itís come and gone. When it came down to it Toyota had to make a financial decision to make an all out GTR contender with 600hp and sell under a 1,000 units a year at price of $100k where the 2% of actual prospectice buyers would be able to afford it or cut the price in half partner with another company who actually has a decent sports car/ engine program while giving us a platform that is truely capable of 2-3x the factory HP rating. The stock GR trans is good for over 700tq, guys are already making 600whp in a very limited/small sample size. Many tuners will find out very quickly just how capable the Toyota revised B58 and GR trans combo will be.
    The front bumper will get a ton of aftermarket options..I could see a much better bumper coming via aftermarket, BPU+ upgrades, some tint, little weight reduction, and some nice wheels with 305ís out back will make this a very fun $50k platform

Toyota took note of its terrible MKIV sales and we all saw the fail of Acura with the NSX, Nissan with todayís MSRP of 110k+
    If you guys can have a mortgage, business, family, etc and modify a brand new $100k+ car. More power to you, this car isnít for you itís for the masses. Right or wrong to the purist itís the path they chose. They could have gone complete opposite and chose to make a record breaking sports car in electric that would destroy the GTR in performance with a great looking chassis and masses would cry they would have taken another 320hp I6 TT. People domt like change and some embrace it, I for one see the potential here. Just like the MKIV it wasnít the best factory Jap nor the most earth shattering in performance, aftermarket made the MKIV what it is. I see the MKV getting a ton of personalization and aftermarket and it will make the car once again.
    Very well put.
    1994 Supra TT/6-Speed
    1994 Supra TT/Auto - 57,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
    You are not a car enthusiast. Not just a Supra enthusiast , but not a car enthusiast at all. You are just an average car guy who likes to show off and usually needs car for "point A to point B". Your opinion is completely irrelevant when it comes to cars and driving

And yes, you should totally get MKV. And i dont mean this in a sarcastic way.

Forums exist so people can exchange their opinion(s). Even tho we are all Supra enthusiasts, we dont all have the exact same opinion on every aspect regarding the car, let alone other things not related to Supra. Do you think that every thread should be for the people that only agree with the subject? And if they dont, they'll be labeled as a haters? Whats wrong with you. If i say that car is ugly looking, lacks power and does not resemble "Supra family" in ANY WAY, its not hate...its a disappointment (and a fact). Now, if you have problem with people expressing disappointment on a public forum, maybe you should not be here. There...im sure MKV forum is full of kids who cant wait for their parents to buy them new Zupra so they can be "part of the family", and they'll all agree with you.

Most of the people that dislike Supra are the actual owners and/or , unlike you, long term Supra and Japanese (super)cars enthusiasts, who have good understanding of the philosophy/heritage behind the cars built in the "country of the rising sun" , and they dislike it for a reason.Do you see that even outside of this forum, there are a TONES of people totally disappointed with this car. Why do you think is that? Are they all just haters?

Awwww...you'll make me cry. Detergent-eating millennials wont come here because their feeling will be hurt...Stop by at SFOT so i can tell you how much i care about new MKV owners.

You mean people who agree with you, right?

THANK YOU!!! I've been thinking about this for a days now....i cant bare to look at this ugly POS every time i open SF.

If its possible, i will ask moderators (or whoever is in charge) to remove that red odd looking subject from the banner, please.
    *Disclaimer - no sarcasm at all in my following statements
    I actually appreciate your reply. It really helped illustrate your point of view and your feelings on the matter
    I certainly wouldn’t claim to be a car enthusiast in the same way some of you guys are, but I do get very enthused about a fine piece of machinery. One day, when I do own a Supra, new or old, I’m sure I’ll find the time to learn all about it like I do with all my hobbies. I would certainly defer to you guys’ knowledge about cars though before claiming I knew more about the topic. So my intent wasn’t to seem like I knew better than others.
    Secondly, totally understand and agree that forums are for opinionated topics and that everyone gets to have their own opinion. Maybe I failed to convey my message here. Thread hijacking is usually frowned upon in all forums. I called it MKV hate because you can’t find a single MKV thread, regardless of the topic, that doesn’t include a bunch of comments from people who are sick of looking at it. I understand some people feel really passionate about their dislike of the new Supra. I just don’t understand why they have to continue spouting off the same opinion on every thread the MKV has.
    Third, I don’t belong to that Tide-Pod eating generation you’re referring to. I do sense sarcasm in that reply from you, and that’s fine. My feelings don’t get hurt, nor should you care if they did. Point was, forums usually welcome fresh traffic, more users, bigger outreach. I simply meant that if this forum wants to host the MKV topic for fans of the car, this is a deterrent.
    “People agreeing with me” also isn’t what I’m looking for. I’m generally here reading and learning. I don’t need anyone to reply to me for validation. I just want to read intelligent and thoughtful post, whether their snarky, humorous, or just informative. It’s when a large population of people are just repeatedly saying the same things over and over about what they don’t like, everywhere they can, what’s the value of reading the same things over and over?
    Lastly, LOL at the last part. I was wondering how bad that must be bothering some of you guys. Even I, who doesn’t mind the new Supra, still feel like maybe they shouldn’t have pushed the MKIV to the back on your banner here.

Best to you Skyline

Modest, honest and calmly written post, i appreciate that.

Just a few things...

Reading about certain car/model wont make you a "car enthusiast". You just dont have passion and appreciation for cars. First paragraph i quoted in my previous post clearly shows that. As such, no need to question owners and enthusiasts reactions. Dont take this personal.

Also, "its hard to find a thread that doesnt have bad comment about MKV" , yes, because EVERYTHING is wrong with this car. Literally everything. Its not a good looking car, its small, its chubby, it looks like shit, there is no manual trans for "real drivers", it's a BMW interior that doesnt belong to Supra, its a powerless engine borrowed from the other company that is well know for making unreliable engines...etc Nothing on this car resembles Supra nor looks good. Nothing. This car is equivalent to BMW trying to bring back their famous 8 series, and then call Alfa Romeo (the king of unreliable engines and car that is VASTLY different in EVERY possible way from BMW cars) to borrow their 2L engine and build the 8 series with 2L on a small Alfa Romeo MiTO platform. Its terrible. Its nonsense.It blows my mind that anyone would think about this "Zupra project", let alone give a green light to proceed with the project.

And the last, no, you dont understand how much some people are passionate about the(ir) car. This car is a MASSIVE disappointment.PERIOD! Toyota Supra built a certain reputation. It was a hwy king, dyno king, a mile king, it has engine that holds RELIABLY 1000hp on stock internals ,transmission that hold 1500hp, it looks brutal, it has interior like a jet fighter...Car that, if its not for AWD advantage in GTRs and LAmbos, would still be pretty impossible to beat. Car that could make Lambo invisible when you park next to it.Engine that made 85 full 1/4mile passes with 1500whp and still holding strong...etc etc etc. So naturally...people had VERY high expectations. Like FT-1 with LFA engine would be on a lower level of expectations. And what did they make..? A little roadster with 300hp BMW engine.Are you fucking kidding me????????????

Toyota took legendary model, and made a fun of it. Literally. Like they didnt give a SINGLE FUCK about the cars reputation and the expectations everyone had.So yes...people are pissed, people are disappointed, people are unexcited...and with a HUGE reason.

My only issue with the MKV hate is the great deal of exaggeration that I see when folks discuss its shortcomings. Gentlemen, we can speak accurately of the MKV and its known shortcomings are self-evident, no exaggeration needed.

Right now we're also in that awkward chapter of this story where we know the all the specs and numbers, but basically nobody's actually driven the car and the aftermarket hasn't gotten into it yet. The MK4's legendary status can be all but completely attributed not to what it did in stock form, but its potency when modified.

Given the past 10 years or so of BMW turbocharged I6 aftermarket development, despite how loathesome I find BMW's engineering style I'm grudgingly willing to admit that the aftermarket potential might surprise us yet with the MKV. We might all just come back and read these threads 3 years from now and laugh about how little we knew. I genuinely hope that's the case, but I'm not betting on it.

So for now, I'm going to take the approach that I've voiced my very emphatic dislike of what I've seen so far - and now it's time to see what comes next instead of repeating the same vitriol over and over again everywhere we can.

I encourage my fellow Supra OG's to consider a similar path. It won't be long before we really know the truth.
    Jeff
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, chicks and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -- George Best
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    Who would have ever thought.....the impact an automobile can make.....

Very Senior Member Silver Supra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post

Right now we're also in that awkward chapter of this story where we know the all the specs and numbers, but basically nobody's actually driven the car and the aftermarket hasn't gotten into it yet. The MK4's legendary status can be all but completely attributed not to what it did in stock form, but its potency when modified.

Agree with the first part, but the stock MKIV was the best around when it came out. The aftermarket unleashed most of the potential that was not obvious in stock trim, but the stock MKIV was nothing to sniff at.
    I will probably just stop looking at anything about the BRZ4 for several years since I would not have a BMW, period, regardless of the aftermarket.
    YMMV.

Twin Meister
    ...Right now we're also in that awkward chapter of this story where we know the all the specs and numbers, but basically nobody's actually driven the car and the aftermarket hasn't gotten into it yet....

So for now, I'm going to take the approach that I've voiced my very emphatic dislike of what I've seen so far - and now it's time to see what comes next instead of repeating the same vitriol over and over again everywhere we can.

I encourage my fellow Supra OG's to consider a similar path. It won't be long before we really know the truth.
    Solid advice, which I will do my best to take. I may not always succeed (because 21 years, yo), but I'll always try.

Ken.
    www.sp-power.com
    HKS 3.4L: 1110 all-boost whp/839 lb-ft @ 2.6KG/CM^2
    1994 "SP ENGINEERING" TWIN HKS GT3240 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type 5MT
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Hardtop/Sunroof 5MT (BPU)
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo Hard Top (BPU)
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

The Great Beast 666
    My only issue with the MKV hate is the great deal of exaggeration that I see when folks discuss its shortcomings. Gentlemen, we can speak accurately of the MKV and its known shortcomings are self-evident, no exaggeration needed.

Given the past 10 years or so of BMW turbocharged I6 aftermarket development, despite how loathesome I find BMW's engineering style I'm grudgingly willing to admit that the aftermarket potential might surprise us yet with the MKV. We might all just come back and read these threads 3 years from now and laugh about how little we knew. I genuinely hope that's the case, but I'm not betting on it.

yet there is a few things we do know , that lead us to say NOPE when it comes to the MKV:

A un-reliable BMW engine rather than a Yamaha one like almost every true Supra had.

-Machpherson strut front suspension

Not to say that Im willing to give it a chance, but well saying I know what will happen.

Much respect for this post. I hope you’re right and there are pleasant surprises down the road.

Wreckless for President 2020

I applaud you for having an open mind on this, I share similar views of this car. I don't hate it as much as others, while I'm not a fan of the BMW collaboration, Toyota was involved with trying to make it more reliable, did it work time will tell. The MKIV is hard to follow up especially because of what the aftermarket did. I'm sure even Toyota themselves were shocked at what they saw with the potential of the motor/drive train. I will admit I'm hoping there will be a 6MT/S58 version even if it's slightly detuned so it's not same as M4 power wise.
    Black Onyx 95 HT NA->VVTI GTE/V160/BW SXE/Infinity 6/8XXHP/[email protected] on E85 built and tuned by Freed Engineering
    Black Onyx 00 GS400 Platinum/RSR Coils/TSW Rascasse/CatBack Exhaust/Cruiser

Totally agree. However regardless of how it turns out there's little hope Toyota will do anything to save it much like the 86 which took a dive in sales. Its probably what influenced Toyota's choice into offering the MKV with a 4 banger for Japan so far. At the same time a new and better 86 is apparently being developed. As long as the MKV is good enough i'm willing to work with it, can't be that bad given the engineering behind the z4. Always been a BMW fan ever since getting behind the wheel of an E46 M3 and then jumping into Z4 M Coupe. So for me at least its a good deal.

+1

If you look at the F80 forum, they are figuring ways to extract more power with the B58 engine and this is with limited aftermarket support. What help boosted the MKIV to a higher legendary status was the abundance of aftermarket parts for an already excellent platform.

Even though the B58 has only been available for 3 yrs, once the Japanese aftermarket get's their hands on it, it'll reset the tuning evolution process.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=663
    ​1993.5 Toyota Supra TT 6spd-Black
    2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Offroad -Super White
    2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S-Carrara White
    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale S ABS-Arctic White

And that the aftermarket tuner generation in Japan made kick ass products before standalone computers came down in price. To add, the Supra owners are mostly educated, intelligent, and had disposable income.

when exactly are deliveries happening?

So, I know I am a little off topic, and this is my first post, but last I heard (from a buddy whose parents own a Toyota dealership) is July-ish.

However, my hopes are not set too high, as it seems these things always take longer than expected.
    Last edited by 084runnerltd; 03-30-2019 at 08:28 PM.

SupraForums Member
    as much as everyone dislikes this car (on this forum anyway), i predict that you see one running around in your home town very soon.

the supra name will sell this car.

and its affordable...

toyota is into selling cars. that is their business.

now.. i aint gonna buy one. but the masses will.

l337 M0d3r4t0r
    Affordable is a 35000 Mustang GT, 56k for a car with 150 less HP out of the gate is a joke.

I believe the aftermarket will make up for the missing power for sure, but what can't be fixed, is the fact there is no manual 6 spd transmission! I agree day to day automatic's are pretty hard to beat, but when I want to go weekend driving in my toy rowing though the gears is a must. Also the water to air intercooler is going to make upgrading a pain in the ass for sure.
    Eric W
    87 TT E85
    91 T 60k miles
    98 SC 300

I guess we should feel lucky for having so many good options on the used market with adequate parts and reasonable pricing for them. Who knows if the same can be said for enthusiasts 15-20 years out from now looking at the used market.

Launch Edition Supras on their way to the US.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in