Help with value?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with value?

Help with value?

First time posting here, but I'm sure there will be many more. so I’m hoping some of you who have more knowledge can help me out.
    I found a 93 Supra Na Auto with 213,000 miles clean title non running car, its been sitting for 2 years owner does not the issues why does not start up. Its complete stock except sideskirts and rear sparts. Anyone care to give a rough range of what the cars value? It is worth it buying it? Any suggestion will be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

What kind of condition is the actual car in, besides it not running? Are all interior panels present, rust, paint (condition, original), vin tags. Does the current owner know what current values for the car are? There are a lot of factors that play a part in determining what the value of a car is.

Current =1998 Supra TT Auto

Quote Originally Posted by FasTTurbo View Post
    Justin your car is cleaner than that 7k mile car no joke. Condition wise you own one of the cleanest cars in the US.

94 SIX Speed, HKS 2835's, 515 whp on 93 octane = SOLD

Exterior paint and body is in fair condition rush free , it has been painted before but all vintags are present. The Interior missing oem radio stereo and a mismatching seats : front cloth seats and rear black leather seats everything else like door panels and interior covers are in fair condition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Justin94tt View Post
    What kind of condition is the actual car in, besides it not running? Are all interior panels present, rust, paint (condition, original), vin tags. Does the current owner know what current values for the car are? There are a lot of factors that play a part in determining what the value of a car is.

Exterior paint and body is in fair condition rush free , it has been painted before but all vintags are present. The Interior missing oem radio stereo and a mismatching seats : front cloth seats and rear black leather seats everything else like door panels and interior covers are in fair condition.

SupraForums Member okinawa-supra's Avatar
    In these days, our opinion may not hold any leverage. With such a demand from others the seller can ask what ever he wants.
    I would ask him what he wants for it... then go from there.
    By just a here is $xxxxxxx because of X. A and Z may spook him from selling. Or He may list the car publicly...

Build as much rapport as possible, listen to build trust, and understand and im sure he will pass the car to you at a fair value.
    1994 6spd Targa Ren Red named "Paris" she has a history.
    1994 6spd Hardtop Baltic Blue.
    1993 Auto TT Ren Red (sold)
    1993 Auto TT white JDM (wrecking yard)
    1993 5spd NA yellow (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by okinawa-supra View Post
    In these days, our opinion may not hold any leverage. With such a demand from others the seller can ask what ever he wants.
    I would ask him what he wants for it... then go from there.
    By just a here is $xxxxxxx because of X. A and Z may spook him from selling. Or He may list the car publicly...

Build as much rapport as possible, listen to build trust, and understand and im sure he will pass the car to you at a fair value.
    sellers asking price is 16k. what do you think about his asking price? he's willing to negotiate and take a fair offer. Any ideas how much should I offer him for the car?

Blog Entries
    This car sounds familiar, I would offer no more than $12k. A decent paint job $4-6k, suspension components will all need to be replaced including bushings ($2500), $1500 on the interior should get you some new seat covers, new headunit + speakers..etc. That brings you to $20-22k from what I mentioned. You may be able to get it done a little cheaper but you're basically looking at high teens/low 20s for an NA auto with 200k miles. Not the best investment IMO.

edit: Is it hardtop? If so I may be interested if the deal falls through, let me know.
    Last edited by Shant; 02-05-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    @Shant.D
    94' RX7 R2 LS3, T56, 8.8
    95' Supra Hellraiser Build

Quote Originally Posted by Shant View Post
    This car sounds familiar, I would offer no more than $12k. A decent paint job $4-6k, suspension components will all need to be replaced including bushings ($2500), $1500 on the interior should get you some new seat covers, new headunit + speakers..etc. That brings you to $20-22k from what I mentioned. You may be able to get it done a little cheaper but you're basically looking at high teens/low 20s for an NA auto with 200k miles. Not the best investment IMO.

edit: Is it hardtop? If so I may be interested if the deal falls through, let me know.

its targa top , but the car is not currently running has some mechanical issues. would you buy or past on this deal? is the car worth repairing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Benacquio View Post
    its targa top , but the car is not currently running has some mechanical issues. would you buy or past on this deal? is the car worth repairing it?
    If you're planning on keeping it, at roughly $12-13k its not too bad. If you think you'll want to flip it for a profit short term, that is unlikely. Post photos if you can. Condition is everything.
    -Alex

1994 Toyota Supra Turbo - 1000+whp 6sp (current)
    Original USDM TT 6sp | Original paint | All VIN
    Built 3.0 | 7675 dbb | ProEFI 148 | ID2000 | GSC S2 | OS Giken R3C | DSS DS | TRD LSD | Greddy 4 FMIC | Boost Logic 4" | HKS Hipermax | CCW Classics / Weld RT-S

1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo - 600+whp built auto (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Supra Turbo View Post
    If you're planning on keeping it, at roughly $12-13k its not too bad. If you think you'll want to flip it for a profit short term, that is unlikely. Post photos if you can. Condition is everything.

If i decide to buy it what would you guys recommend a 2jz and r154 swap or keep it stock na auto? the goal is to enjoy the car without losing its value in the future.

RB swap. It already has a 2JZ.
    1994 Supra TT/6-Speed
    1994 Supra TT/Auto - 57,000 miles

95 usdm hardtop supra (new project)
    93 jdm hardtop supra (traded for 93 single fd)
    88 supra 7mgte (drift project)
    93 big single prt built widebody rx7
    93 tt rx7 (stockish)
    04 nissan 350z (traded for supra lol)
    05 bmw z4 - sold
    05 toyota x-runner - speedway blue (my dd)
    16 toyota tacoma texas ed - silver sky metallic
    16 toyota tacoma texas ed - blazing blue pearl
    19 toyota tacoma trd sport - calvery blue (wife's dd)
    05 ninja 636 (modded - gone!)
    God is good

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    RB swap. It already has a 2JZ.
    I meant 2jzgte engine swap . sorry guys

If i decide to buy it what would you guys recommend a 2jzgte and r154 swap or keep it stock na auto? the goal is to enjoy the car without losing its value in the future.

If i decide to buy it what would you guys recommend a 2jzgte and r154 swap or keep it stock na auto? the goal is to enjoy the car without losing its value in the future.
    I would not be too concerned with the future value of a NA auto car with over 200,000 miles.

In other words, if you do purchase the car have at it and do what you please.

Personally I would GTE swap, small single, and build the auto.

I went to see the car last weekend and I took some pictures. And yes supra has a body molded panel side skirts, rear bumper and rear quarter panel. It has some goodies like apexi exhaust, Cusco struts bars and coilovers.
    Definitely needs wheels and tires, and some love in the interior.

Last edited by FasTTurbo; 02-18-2019 at 10:13 AM. Reason: links for pics no good use photobucket or flickr

I'm not serious
    Administrator
    fyi interior is not mismatched, NA cloth front seats and vinyl/leather rear is how it came.
    pink painted powerfucked cat's ass - Jeff (Wreckless) 2018

Find me on IG: @sick_6
    supraforums on IG:@SUPRAFORUMSPICS
    Looking for turbo auto or 6spd Supras!
    93 Alpine Auto
    94 Alpine 6spd
    94 RR 6spd
    97 Alpine AT
    98 QS AT
    ①③⑤
    ├┼┼┐
    ②④⑥R

Last edited by Benacquio; 02-18-2019 at 11:26 AM.

SupraForums Member
    It could be a lot worse. Just note the expenses you'll likely have that were posted above. If you plan to make it you're own daily or weekend car you'll want it to be in good shape or you'll regret it. Pay whatever you are able while factoring in what you feel is the most you can spend to restore it basically.

Quote Originally Posted by JOutterbridge View Post
    It could be a lot worse. Just note the expenses you'll likely have that were posted above. If you plan to make it you're own daily or weekend car you'll want it to be in good shape or you'll regret it. Pay whatever you are able while factoring in what you feel is the most you can spend to restore it basically.
    to have an idea how much would you pay for this?

I'm not serious
    Administrator
    9500-10k

^ I agree with Matt, I wouldn’t go over 10k. This is my just my personal opinion.

Actual member since 2001. hgonzalez's Avatar
    Sounds about accurate.
    1997 Toyota Supra TT 6 spd BPU (FMIC/TTC) 18' Volk GT-N ~ 195k miles strong

SupraForums Member
    Did you get it? If not let me know, I've got a someone who is interested in purchasing it? Where is the car again?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in