7m front sump oil pan

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7m front sump oil pan

7m front sump oil pan

I've looked on the forums and am still not sure what I need. I'm swapping a 7m into another car from my 87 supra turbo and it has the oil pan more near the middle, what oil pan do I need for it to be in the font. so simply put I need a front sump oil pan for the 7m, so what car do I need to pull it off of. I've heard 5m, Ive heard cressida and other stuff. also it's going into a e30 if you are wondering.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

You heard correctly. a MKII Supra 5M-GE oil pan or a Cressida 7M-GE oil pan will work just fine. Be sure to get the oil pickup tube and other parts to complete the swap.

Neither will have provision for the return line on the factory 7M-GTE oil cooler but it's best to eliminate that whole oil filter block and replace it with the 7M-GE union bolt and a proper full-flow sandwich adapter for an oil cooler.

Good luck with your E30 swap!
    Jeff
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, chicks and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -- George Best
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    Who would have ever thought.....the impact an automobile can make.....

can you elaborate on the oil cooler return line? doesnt the oil cooler lines just run into the block? And what does that have to do with the changing of the oil pan and pickup/pump?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fancypants7777 View Post
    can you elaborate on the oil cooler return line? doesnt the oil cooler lines just run into the block? And what does that have to do with the changing of the oil pan and pickup/pump?
    The turbo oil return line goes into the block, but there's a partial-flow oil cooler feed line that comes out of the oil filter block that's present only on the 7M-GTE.
    and I *think* 5M-GE front sump pan from a P-type MKII Supra. I honestly haven't worked on a ton of MKII's. But here's a pic of the 7M-GTE:

http://www.supras.org.nz/images/techinfo-bhg/block.jpg (Thank you supras.org.nz for hosting this perfect image of this)

Note the filter block portion that bolts to the block, and has the oil filter mount at a 90* angle to it. The line coming out of that going toward the front of the car is the oil cooler feed line. Also note the aftermarket barbed fitting on the 2-bolt turbo oil return line near the engine mount.

The oil return line for that oil cooler is a banjo fitting that threads into the upper portion of the 7M-GTE's steel oil pan. Swapping to a front sump 7M-GE pan and some 5M-GE pans won't have that provision, which is why it's best to remove that oil filter block garbage on the side of the 7M-GTE and go to a full-flow oil cooler & oil filter relocation kit with a sandwich adapter right off the side of the block. Driftmotion sells everything you need to do this nicely.

thank you that clears things up very nicely.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in