Looking at a move to Raleigh

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking at a move to Raleigh

Finally up and running! foreverpsycotic's Avatar

Looking at a move to Raleigh

Any good shops down there? Any meets to look out for?
    1989 Super White Hardtop - Old Hotness (HX35w, 1JZ/R154)
    1991 Super Red Targa - New never-ending project (sxe 63/68, 1JZ/R154, ecumaster)

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    We have an office in Raleigh that I've been to a few times. Really nice area, smooth roads and the weather is warmer. That's about all I know about it

SF Contributing Member bitshftr's Avatar
    There are a couple of decent shops in the general area. Niced Up Motorsports in Greensboro (60 miles away) gets mentioned a lot. Phil's Toy Store is OK for general maintenance, and Phil owns a MkIV Supra.

VIR is just over an hour's drive from Raleigh, so there's a place for a Supra to play like its creators meant it to, and legally.

Having said that, we are full. We don't need any more traffic here, especially from up North. If you can find a place to live where you can walk to work, then come on down. Otherwise, please stay away. We are full. Seriously. (<-- this entire paragraph, just kidding, but we are full)
    1995 Supra NA, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD LSD, Recaro Sport seats, Cusco carbon fiber front/rear strut tower bars, 97+ front turns
    Passport hardwired, w/ amped remote speakers in seat harness slots
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button

1995 Supra TT, BPU+, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD front/Cusco rear strut tower bars, 98 headlights w/ 6k HIDs, 97+ front turns, BNR turbos, Tial BOV, HKS Super Drager exhaust, SSR Professor SP1 wheels, Racelogic TC, VPC/GCC
    Passport hardwired
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button
    Subtle white LED dash backlights

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

If they're full in Raleigh, we always have room for another MKIII lover over here in The Heart of Dixie...………..lol
    1.5jz 640 RWHP, 606RWTQ

Finally up and running! foreverpsycotic's Avatar
    Glad to see you are still around man. I just want to get where I can afford a house and there is corn fuel in the pumps.

Still here and running corn fuel myself. I bought a 30 gallon tank that I fill up as I need it and pump it into my MKIII., Jay

SupraForums Member
    I've been in Raleigh/Durham since 2000. There is PLENTY of E85 around here. There isn't a huge Supra scene but it has been getting a bit more active lately. There's a Cars n' Coffee meetup in the area pretty much every weekend and those always have great turnouts. Of course there's a shitload of mustangs, camaros, challengers, etc. Here's a vid from a recent one (BTW, Mine is the black Supra at the beginning of the vid).

But again - we're full.

Where are the good Cars n Coffee these days, is that Wake Forest? I went to the Morrisville one a long time ago (it was okay), and I haven't yet felt like venturing all the way to Wake Forest that early on a Saturday.

The old Glenwood one was the best!

Al
    Last edited by T6Rocket; 03-14-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    94TT Auto, 6466
    [email protected] 27 psi 4/16/16
    Previous setup: HKS Twin 2835's
    [email protected] 32 psi, 10/29/06

Previous car: 90 Talon AWD, 5 spd, FP Red (60-1)
    [email protected] built motor, 28 psi, Sept 2000

SupraForums Member
    There is one in Cary in the Parkside Commons shopping center. That was actually this morning. The turnout was honestly a little disappointing. Did get to see a Ford GT40 and an immaculate 99 NSX though.

After getting kicked out of the mall in Morrisville, that one has moved to Miami blvd. That turnout has been good every time I've been. The video I linked was filmed at that one.

I personally haven't been to the Wake Forest one, but I hear it always has a great turnout.

Yikes, the Parkside Commons one is almost as far as Wake Forest! Where on Miami Blvd is that one, and which Saturday of the month?

Al

SupraForums Member
    5400 South Miami Blvd Durham, NC - At the intersection of Miami and 54 on the edge of RTP. It's on the first Saturday of the month.

SF Contributing Member bitshftr's Avatar
    ^ That parking lot looks kindof small. Still, I might try to get out to the next one in April, or maybe May.

Is that Rob's red Supra in your video thumbnail?

97-6speed-TT
    I would love to go to a decent cars and coffee meet as well, but I never knew when/where they were. I know there is one in Knightdale now(at the old Square D) that seems to have pretty good turnouts.

~Dee
    Quote Originally Posted by FYRARMS View Post
    2JZ-GTE: The small-block Chevy of Japan. :lol:
    97 Toyota Supra GT47-88mm V160 - Super White
    95 Toyota Supra SE W58 - Renn Red.
    00 Lexus SC300 Auto - Millenium Silver

97-6speed-TT
    Spotted a black MKIV when I was leaving the Knightdale Cars and Coffee today. Was that you Rumple?

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bitshftr View Post
    ^ That parking lot looks kindof small. Still, I might try to get out to the next one in April, or maybe May.

Is that Rob's red Supra in your video thumbnail?
    The parking lot is actually a bit bigger than it looks. It kind of wraps around the shopping center, but it's hard to tell from the vid. Yeah, I saw Rob parked next to the RX7s so I grabbed the spot next to him. I *think* Hung showed up later that morning too.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2foryou View Post
    Spotted a black MKIV when I was leaving the Knightdale Cars and Coffee today. Was that you Rumple?
    I've actually never been to the Knightdale meet. How was the turnout? Sounds like there was at least one nice car there

Toyota MasterTech
    Quote Originally Posted by bitshftr View Post
    My thoughts exactly...since I've built my car I have yet to go to any meets! I'd try for this for sure.
    Last edited by Rick S; 03-27-2019 at 04:23 AM.
    Old Build...
    BL67 Built Auto (VPC, SAFC, G-Force ECU)
    10.001 @ 135 mph w/a 1.51 60' (25 psi)
    10.231 @ 138.9 mph w/a 1.74 60' (28 psi)

Current Build...
    https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...ion-quot-build

Precision 6870/ProEfi/Fully Built VVTI Head/Fully Built Block (CP/Carillo/ACL)/V161 Swap/Full Mil-Spec Wiretuck/Full Restoration/1028 rwhp 924 rwtq

97-6speed-TT
    Quote Originally Posted by RumpleHumpaLot View Post
    I've actually never been to the Knightdale meet. How was the turnout? Sounds like there was at least one nice car there
    There were over 300 cars there. My MKIV was the only one there until I was leaving and saw the black MKIV pulling in. By the time he was pulling in, the meet was technically over although a lot of cars were still there. It was a perfect day for a meet. The weather was superb.

97-6speed-TT
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick S View Post
    My thoughts exactly...since I've built my car I have yet to go to any meets! I'd try for this for sure.
    Rick, where are you located in eastern NC? I'm in Pitt County

Toyota MasterTech
    Rick, where are you located in eastern NC? I'm in Pitt County
    I'm in Oriental...I work in New Bern (Craven County) as a shop foreman / master tech at Toyota of New Bern.

97-6speed-TT
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick S View Post
    I'm in Oriental...I work in New Bern (Craven County) as a shop foreman / master tech at Toyota of New Bern.
    Sweet! I might have to take my 95 NA Supra out there for some master work. It's a bit of a project and needs a bunch of little things like the reverse lights don't work and the seatbelt light stays on even when the seatbelt is in. Maybe wheel bearings and lord only knows what else it might need.

Toyota MasterTech
    Sweet! I might have to take my 95 NA Supra out there for some master work. It's a bit of a project and needs a bunch of little things like the reverse lights don't work and the seatbelt light stays on even when the seatbelt is in. Maybe wheel bearings and lord only knows what else it might need.
    Never a problem...just let me know

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in