Hi everyone! I am getting ready to pull the engine out of my 91 in order to fix the head gasket and reseal the engine. While it's out, I figured now would be an excellent time to upgrade some things to prepare for bigger horsepower in the future. I already have a turbo back 3" exhaust. Note that I'm not interested in anything external at the moment, since the stuff I'm already doing is maxing out my budget. I can add things like a bigger turbo later on. Below is the list of things I'm already planning on doing, is there anything else I should be doing while I have the engine out anyway?
- All new seals (Arrived).
- All new coolant hoses (Arrived).
- New oil pump & oil squirters (Arrived).
- AZ Performance hardline (Arrived).
- Technico 7M Aux Shaft (Arrived).
- Resurface Head & Block.
- MLS Head Gasket - Cometic 1.9mm x 84mm bore.
- ARP Head Studs (Already have, using ARP lube, torqued to 90 ft-lbs).
- Bosch 550 injectors (Arrived).
- Tweak'd Wiring Harness (Ordered).
- ECUMaster Black (Arrived).
- ACT HD Street / Strip Clutch Kit (Arrived).
- OEM Pressure Plate Bolts (Arrived).
- Resurfaced Flywheel.
- ARP Flywheel Bolts (Ordered)
- Denso TT Fuel Pump (no 12V mod).
- New Starter (since they're a pain to replace).
- Aeromotive AFPR Kit (Arrived).
- Driftmotion Digital CPS V2 Upgrade (Arrived).
- ATI 918525 Damper Pulley (Arrived).
- Custom 7M ATI Pulley Bolt (Arrived).
- ARP Inserts (200-8574) (https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...d-gasket-issue)
- Zulu cooling mod?
Just for reference, the above list costs about $6,200.00 BEFORE any labor goes into the car. My machine shop is charging me $1,900.00 in labor to do the work. This kind of build ain't cheap!
EDIT: I'm keeping the list above updated as I change my mind so I have an easy to find list and people can reference my current list before making comments.
Build Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZZxoR9172FCPKUmaA