Turbo Choice for 1200 Hp

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turbo Choice for 1200 Hp

Turbo Choice for 1200 Hp

I have a built. 2J Non Vtti Engine,I chasing 1200 HP ,I will be using it for the drags and occasionally Street Cruise, Want to run a low to mid 8 Will at Garrett 4202 Turbo do the job or do I need to go to a 45,Anyone had any Experiences or what choice Turbo works good with the 2J

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Precision 7275

SupraForums Member
    OP, 1200 at the crank or wheel? I ask because you wrote hp not whp, and most discussions in the supra community reference whp.

Quote Originally Posted by Strokercharged95GT View Post
    Precision 7275
    Any dyno graphs of a 7275 making 1200 whp? I don't think it'll do it, but if it will, it would be leaning on it hard and likely running it way off the compressor map. A 7675 is a more appropriate 1200 whp turbo.
    Last edited by Craig Bush; 03-22-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else. Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving. The worst thing that can happen to a nation is for half of the people to get the idea they don't have to work because somebody else will work for them, and the other half to get the idea that it does no good to work because they don't get to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
    - Adrian Rogers

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I’m chasing 1200 Hp at the fly,800 kws at wheels

SupraForums Member
    Bammm...

SupraForums Member
    Oh yeah - i keep forgetting about those test results. Have you talked to Mark Conte about that test? We discussed it in another thtead, recently in fact. My commemts above were based on his advice - yes, the 7275 might be able to make that number, but it's definitely not happy doing it. He said he would not recommend it as a "1200 whp" turbo, and that he recommended the 76 instead. See if you can find any others.

OP, by my calculation 800 kw at the wheel is approximately 1050-1100 whp, so the 7275 will likely do it, it'll just be working hard and service life might reflect that. The 7675 will hit that number without being pushed so hard, and might live longer because of it.

SupraForums Member
    As i was (again). Facepalm. It was Geo at Real Street, not Mark (but i did reference Mark's comments from another thread). Here's the thread (page 1 and 2, and post #46):

https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...d-for-1100-WHP

Thanks Guys ,I’m leaning towards the precision 7675

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Bush View Post
    Oh yeah - i keep forgetting about those test results. Have you talked to Mark Conte about that test? We discussed it in another thtead, recently in fact. My commemts above were based on his advice - yes, the 7275 might be able to make that number, but it's definitely not happy doing it. He said he would not recommend it as a "1200 whp" turbo, and that he recommended the 76 instead. See if you can find any others.

OP, by my calculation 800 kw at the wheel is approximately 1050-1100 whp, so the 7275 will likely do it, it'll just be working hard and service life might reflect that. The 7675 will hit that number without being pushed so hard, and might live longer because of it.
    This is what you need to take into account. Yes the 7275 made 1200whp but they were ringing that turbo out to its max capability. I’d choose the 7675. It’ll make your 1200hp (1050-1100whp) without spinning it to within an inch of its life every time.
    1994 Toyota Supra 6MT - Renaissance Red/Black leather - 76k miles
    10:1 / Precision Gen 2 8685 / ProEFI / Sleeper Designs RMR / IGN-1A / Ignite Red / V160
    1438whp / 1159tq

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick94TT View Post
    This is what you need to take into account. Yes the 7275 made 1200whp but they were ringing that turbo out to its max capability. I’d choose the 7675. It’ll make your 1200hp (1050-1100whp) without spinning it to within an inch of its life every time.

Exactly. And unlike me, Patrick IS a professional.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in