The other pandem supra is up and running

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The other pandem supra is up and running

The other pandem supra is up and running

Not sure who is building this particular Pandem Supra but looks to be slightly further along then Diago's car.

PANDEM SUPRA 1.jpg

PANDEM SUPRA 2.jpg

PANDEM SUPRA 3.jpg

PANDEM SUPRA 4.jpg

PANDEM SUPRA.jpg
    Allen Castillo
    Elmhurst Toyota Parts
    COMMONLY REQUESTED PART NUMBERS LINK
    ONLINE ORDERING NOW AVAILABLE HERE PRICING IS SLIGHTLY CHEAPER
    Out of town:
    Mon-Fri 10:30AM - 8:00PM
    SAT 7:30AM - 3:00PM
    www.equnit.com FOR ALL YOUR CUSTOM BAG AND BACKPACK NEEDS
    http://www.mastermindna.com FOR ALL YOUR HARD TO FIND JDM PARTS, WHEELS AND AERO NEEDS
    [email protected]

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I'm not exactly a fan of how much it takes after the 911 out back especially when its not that hard to be more original but I guess its a win if its what the people want.
    Also being first to launch a kit like this means a lot so its a balancing at the same time.

SupraForums Member
    Have there been any specs released for either car in terms of the kind of power they are making? I know these are still in early testing but I'm curious what the numbers will be with the swap. Spoiler is still a bit much for anything aside from the track.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Saleeka View Post
    Have there been any specs released for either car in terms of the kind of power they are making? I know these are still in early testing but I'm curious what the numbers will be with the swap. Spoiler is still a bit much for anything aside from the track.
    Diago's is a built 2JZ-GTE with an HKS GTIII-4R single turbo. Ostensibly capable of ~800hp. Given that it's a drift car I expect it has a stroker engine and some other fixins for maximum response and powerband.
    No clue what's under the hood of this one.
    Jeff
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, chicks and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -- George Best
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    Who would have ever thought.....the impact an automobile can make.....

I believe this car is also swapped with a GTE motor not sure what other stuff has been done.

This is Masato Kawabata's 2JZ swapped Z4.

This isn’t just any 2JZ. It’s an HKS 3.4-liter stroker kit with billet counterweighted crank and nickel-plated pistons, capable of 1000 horsepower or so.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/moto...a-2jz-swap-d1/

https://www.instagram.com/kawabata_tmr/
    Last edited by RRnold; 03-22-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    ​1993.5 Toyota Supra TT 6spd-Black
    2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Offroad -Super White
    2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S-Carrara White
    2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale S ABS-Arctic White

^Should be a fast Supra
    1994 Supra TT/6-Speed
    1994 Supra TT/Auto - 57,000 miles

SupraForums Member SupraRacing94's Avatar
    Butcher the car, put a 2JZGTE and its what the fans wanted. It will never be the same lets face the facts.
    Danger To Manifold...:)

SupraForums Member
    I know money is no object to these guys but it seems crazy to me to buy the A90 purely for that chassis/body and replace all its internals. I have no doubt these cars will be crazy fast but the time the build is said and done, its not really an MKV lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Saleeka View Post
    I know money is no object to these guys but it seems crazy to me to buy the A90 purely for that chassis/body and replace all its internals. I have no doubt these cars will be crazy fast but the time the build is said and done, its not really an MKV lol.
    I suspect there is currently little or no knowledge base in Japan regarding B58 tuning. I'm not at all surprised that the Japanese stick with what they know, even if the costs are astronomical, rather than do something like.....send an email or make a phonecall to Americans or Germans and start experimenting with new foreign techniques. Or read English forums. And even if they did stick with the B58 and reach out for tuning help, I dunno if they would be comfortable with the reliability of a 1000hp B58. Is anyone making that much power over on the various BMW forums yet?
    Daily Driver: 2007 CZ4A Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR-SST
    Not-So-Daily Driver: 2002 JZX110 Toyota Mark II iR-V Fortuna Yamaha Power
    Project Car: 1994 JZA80 Supra (R154, big single)
    RIP: 1997 JZX100 Chaser Tourer V

Quote Originally Posted by Noble713 View Post
    I suspect there is currently little or no knowledge base in Japan regarding B58 tuning. I'm not at all surprised that the Japanese stick with what they know, even if the costs are astronomical, rather than do something like.....send an email or make a phonecall to Americans or Germans and start experimenting with new foreign techniques. Or read English forums. And even if they did stick with the B58 and reach out for tuning help, I dunno if they would be comfortable with the reliability of a 1000hp B58. Is anyone making that much power over on the various BMW forums yet?
    From a sponsored motorsport level the primary goal is reliability @ competitive HP levels and the second goal is ease of support/maintenance/replacement. The 2JZ absolutely fucking curb stomps any and all B58-based options in those categories by orders of magnitude.

There's nothing new about this - then-new Z33 drift and hillclimb cars got RB's stuffed into them early on, the 3rd GT86 ever sold got a 2JZ within a week, the Lexus IS-F drift cars all run Chevy LS's, etc etc.

Also, nobody has made 1000hp with the B58. The highest I've seen was ~700whp.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraRacing94 View Post
    Butcher the car, put a 2JZGTE and its what the fans wanted. It will never be the same lets face the facts.
    Im waiting for someone to swap the 2ur-gse engine in
    5L, 416 HP, ACTUAL GOD DAM TOYOTA engine (LEXUS RC)

AHHH why are they (toyota) doing this to us !!!

so happy to see that bmw driveline pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by madisonMK3 View Post
    Im waiting for someone to swap the 2ur-gse engine in
    5L, 416 HP, ACTUAL GOD DAM TOYOTA engine (LEXUS RC)

AHHH why are they (toyota) doing this to us !!!

so happy to see that bmw driveline pulled.
    x2 on that
    I've been a big fan of the UZ engines as well, having seen some nice UZ turbo swaps into MKIV's and MKIII's.
    If rumors of a new 4.0TT is true, it would be cool if one of those famous drifters swapped it in... apparently the new F engine.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraRacing94 View Post
    Same thing can be said about the NA A80's no? I mean, whats the difference between someone swapping a GTE motor in a NA A80 and a A90? The GTE swapped NA A80's will never be the same either, right?

I am impressed that some tuners have what looks to be polyurethane aero-parts already made for the A90....they definitely had insider help to release these parts this early. I don't like the wing on this car, looks too ricey.
    Last edited by PerformanceSound; 04-01-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    2019 Subaru STI - Crystal White Pearl

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
    Also, nobody has made 1000hp with the B58. The highest I've seen was ~700whp.
    Considering the B58 engine was developed in 2015 for use in luxury cars not meant to be modded, that's not bad at all. I'm sure now that they are in Supra's and other sports cars, 1000hp might not be too far along.

I can't wait to see what numbers sleeved B58's will produce.

Quote Originally Posted by PerformanceSound View Post
    Considering the B58 engine was developed in 2015 for use in luxury cars not meant to be modded, that's not bad at all. I'm sure now that they are in Supra's and other sports cars, 1000hp might not be too far along.

I can't wait to see what numbers sleeved B58's will produce.
    On straight hard parts alone there's nothing stopping the B58 from making 1000hp (at least once - the mains and block webbing don't strike me as 2JZ-level overbuilt) and it would have done so very quickly after introduction, but for the rest of BMW's bullshit within their vehicles and powertrains.

In particular, BMW recently implemented even more specific and challenging measures to stop any attempts at reprogramming or changing the existing programming anywhere in the vehicle. There was one independent software dev that released a pretty effective piece of software that worked well for a modest price, but it was quite elaborately time-limited at 4 months of functionality. He also randomly disappeared last year, and the last valid token for that software that worked expired on 31 DEC 2018.

Meanwhile, BMW's new device detail listings have no descriptions anywhere in the software so everyone is quite literally flying blind even *if* effective software is reworked.

I fully believe the MKV will be similarly afflicted, and any perceived benefit of it being BMW for ease of tuning/editing onboard firmware/software is rapidly disappearing.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
    On straight hard parts alone there's nothing stopping the B58 from making 1000hp (at least once - the mains and block webbing don't strike me as 2JZ-level overbuilt) and it would have done so very quickly after introduction, but for the rest of BMW's bullshit within their vehicles and powertrains.

In particular, BMW recently implemented even more specific and challenging measures to stop any attempts at reprogramming or changing the existing programming anywhere in the vehicle. There was one independent software dev that released a pretty effective piece of software that worked well for a modest price, but it was quite elaborately time-limited at 4 months of functionality. He also randomly disappeared last year, and the last valid token for that software that worked expired on 31 DEC 2018.

Meanwhile, BMW's new device detail listings have no descriptions anywhere in the software so everyone is quite literally flying blind even *if* effective software is reworked.

I fully believe the MKV will be similarly afflicted, and any perceived benefit of it being BMW for ease of tuning/editing onboard firmware/software is rapidly disappearing.
    I know the DCM's not being very tuner friendly on most modern BMW's across the board has been causing some ruckus with the Bimmer boys. Do most folks running high HP Supra's want a factory DCM (ECU)? I mean, correct me if im wrong, but most high HP Supra's and other car builds in general run standalone ECU's anyhow. It really is starting to sound like the MKIV's case, where piggyback's and standalone's are required for high HP applications, no?

I too believe it will be VERY stout indeed, but if Toyota didn't take a second look at the bearings (main and rod), we might be in for big surprises. Again, I have total faith in Toyota doing their homework, but I sincerely hope they triple checked and over-tested the internal bearings on the B58. That has always been the Achilles heel for BMW motors.

Wider is always better when it comes to cars....but not always women....lol.

I think the new Supra will look better as more kits/lips come out for it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in