Modification advice

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Modification advice

Modification advice

Hi my name is Ben, I literally just bought a Supra yesterday. Childhood dream come true spoken facts prob for most ppl on the forum and I’m super excited to finally own one. So the next step is obviously to start adding performance mods. Any advice as to what kind of modifications I should do aside from and exhaust and intake would be greatly appreciated. It’s a 97 Toyota Supra auto NA

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bcheng1024 View Post
    Hi my name is Ben, I literally just bought a Supra yesterday. Childhood dream come true spoken facts prob for most ppl on the forum and I’m super excited to finally own one. So the next step is obviously to start adding performance mods. Any advice as to what kind of modifications I should do aside from and exhaust and intake would be greatly appreciated. It’s a 97 Toyota Supra auto NA
    Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. This is a very broad question with a lot of different answers. You might want to provide some details as to what kind of goals you have for the car. What the car needs at the moment, etc.
    -Logan B.

MKiV 6 speed S369 | ID1700’s | AEM V2 | HKS Ti
    IG: @Supraman42

SF Contributing Member bitshftr's Avatar
    Exhaust and intake won't do squat for performance on a non-turbo Supra.
    1995 Supra NA, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD LSD, Recaro Sport seats, Cusco carbon fiber front/rear strut tower bars, 97+ front turns
    Passport hardwired, w/ amped remote speakers in seat harness slots
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button

1995 Supra TT, BPU+, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD front/Cusco rear strut tower bars, 98 headlights w/ 6k HIDs, 97+ front turns, BNR turbos, Tial BOV, HKS Super Drager exhaust, SSR Professor SP1 wheels, Racelogic TC, VPC/GCC
    Passport hardwired
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button
    Subtle white LED dash backlights

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Right now my car is completely stock. I’m lookin to just improve my cars performance overall from the handling to a power increase. I’m also planning on converting the auto to a manual in the near future. I’m not trying to go crazy with the power, I’d be satisfied if I can get the car around 400hp. What change do you guys recommend I should do first. Overall parts and brands I should look at and consider getting.

Right now my car is completely stock. I’m lookin to just improve my cars performance overall from the handling to a power increase. I’m also planning on converting the auto to a manual in the near future. I’m not trying to go crazy with the power, I’d be satisfied if I can get the car around 400hp. What change do you guys recommend I should do first. Overall parts and brands I should look at and consider getting.
    Being NA the most all-around efficient route to increase performance is going turbo. Do some research into "NA-T" and you'll find some related threads. It would also make sense to look up TT swaps. BPU cars can hit 400hp. You'll really want to do some more research to plan things out based on your goals. As mentioned above things like exhaust, intake, etc. will not do anything for a non-turbo. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. No offense, but you're asking very general questions so you probably won't get many answers.

Congrats on your Supra, but the people saying non turbo won't do squat are right, turbo it or swap a twin turbo 2jz to see those 400hp goals.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in