I wish Toyota would take note

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I wish Toyota would take note

I wish Toyota would take note

If this is a repost, I apologise. I did not find a post when I searched. Wish Toyota would do this for the Supra and bring back parts and the engine, transmission, etc.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ts-production/

1998 6SPD TT

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jza80king View Post
    If this is a repost, I apologise. I did not find a post when I searched. Wish Toyota would do this for the Supra and bring back parts and the engine, transmission, etc.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ts-production/
    Wow, I knew they offered their heritage parts program but that's pretty awesome.

I wish for the same.

Sadly, rumors are circulating that Toyota corporate (including Mr. Akio Toyoda himself) have an overwhelmingly negative view of A80 owners. Those same rumors allege that A80 owners made some very offensive personal attacks to various members of Toyota corporate and other folks involved in the A90's decisions/development.

If that is true (which wouldn't surprise me, I mean, they *did* make a stupid plastic shitbox BMW, had some design team with Parkinson's disease and untreated astigmatism try to style it like the FT-1 concept, then called the result a Supra) I can't see Toyota moving past their very rigid and profit-driven corporate structure to offer lasting support to a car and car owners they are reputed to overwhelmingly hate now.

Which, regrettably, will mean that I'm disinclined to buy Toyota trucks or daily drivers or anything else now.
    Jeff
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, chicks and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -- George Best
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    Who would have ever thought.....the impact an automobile can make.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
    ...I'm disinclined to buy Toyota trucks or daily drivers or anything else now.
    I'm about ready to cross their forklifts off my wish list.

Nick 95 6sp
    Twin Garrett GT2860's w/TiAL SS exhaust housings, WG's and BOV's, V-band moded HKS twin manifolds, AEM v2, AEM WB, ID1000's,
    AEM meth/water spray, GSC S1's, ported head, Ferrea valvetrain, CP pistons w/crown & skirt coatings, Carrillo H-beams,
    OS Giken triple clutch & Super Lock LSD, Racelogic TC, TRD gen2 catback
    street wheels: Veilside EvoV 9-1/2"F X 10-1/2"R with 265/35F & 285/35R NT05's
    track wheels: CCW LM5 10"F X 11-1/2"R with 285/30F & 315/30R R888's

SupraForums Member
    Well if all said is true, Toyota as a Company should take this as constructive criticism from diehard Toyota fans that believe Toyota CAN make a true Halo car that is timeless, respected and STILL cherished. It’s hard to top the MKIV Supra as far as we know and WANT/EXPECTED for the new one. Toyota HAS the skill, ability, and the money to have/had make this happen. Toyota should not forget what it has done, despite what has been said or done, and listen to those that cherish their once Halo car that are looking for the new one. The MKIV garners MUCH respect til this day, and MANY aspire to own one still. The “market” wasn’t there before, but when $60k+ cars seem more commonplace these days, I don’t see why Toyota wouldn’t jump in the game and make a iconic car that competes with its Japanese rival in the GTR.

SupraForums Member
    Well if all said is true, Toyota as a Company should take this as constructive criticism from diehard Toyota fans that believe Toyota CAN make a true Halo car that is timeless, respected and STILL cherished. It’s hard to top the MKIV Supra as far as we know and WANT/EXPECTED for the new one. Toyota HAS the skill, ability, and the money to have/had make this happen. Toyota should not forget what it has done, despite what has been said or done, and listen to those that cherish their once Halo car that are looking for the new one. The MKIV garners MUCH respect til this day, and MANY aspire to own one still. The “market” wasn’t there before, but when $60k+ cars seem more commonplace these days, I don’t see why Toyota wouldn’t jump in the game and make a iconic car that competes with its Japanese rival in the GTR.

Hardcore Night Warrior chevydude's Avatar
    Texas, where it's full and we have no more room for people from out of state looking to move here. Seriously, we are full.
    I wish for the same.

Sadly, rumors are circulating that Toyota corporate (including Mr. Akio Toyoda himself) have an overwhelmingly negative view of A80 owners. Those same rumors allege that A80 owners made some very offensive personal attacks to various members of Toyota corporate and other folks involved in the A90's decisions/development.

If that is true..............
    This wouldn't surprise me if this were the case, but where'd you hear this/source?
    "Longest grounded member EVER."
    I'm a photographer----->lifelooksbetter.weebly.com

Twin Meister
    I wish for the same.

If that is true (which wouldn't surprise me, I mean, they *did* make a stupid plastic shitbox BMW, had some design team with Parkinson's disease and untreated astigmatism try to style it like the FT-1 concept, then called the result a Supra) I can't see Toyota moving past their very rigid and profit-driven corporate structure to offer lasting support to a car and car owners they are reputed to overwhelmingly hate now.

Which, regrettably, will mean that I'm disinclined to buy Toyota trucks or daily drivers or anything else now.

IF this is true, talking about biting off your nose to spite your face. The MKV wouldn't exist, BMW and all, if there wasn't a MKIV and the most loyal, fervent group of die-hard owners on God's green earth keeping the Supra faith for 21 LONG years. If corporate brass, including the MKV development team and the CEO are so sensitive, thin-skinned and ethnocentric that they have come to despise U.S. A80 owners, I wonder how they rose to the levels they currently occupy. Clearly the design and engineering teams of the original Lexus LS 400 and the MKIV Supra have passed on, either into retirement or literally. Just as clearly, the institutional knowledge they developed was not effectively passed on to those who succeeded them if the MKV is any indication.

We're the victims here but, again, if the rumors are true, it seems Toyota corporate thinks it's the victim, and we all know what happens over time when we have relationships and one party is always playing the victim. I hope the rumors are not true, although they may be as it relates to Tada and the purported insider on the other forum. Even so, as a retired 37-year public sector employee who made hundreds of presentations to City Councils over the years, and being personally attacked time and again by one interest group or another, you could not have my job (s) if you could not handle the incoming. Thin-skinned, overly sensitive, egocentric corporate types do not bode well for the future if the "market research" model employed for the MKV continues to be an integral part of the company's mode of operation.

Ken.
    www.sp-power.com
    HKS 3.4L: 1110 all-boost whp/839 lb-ft @ 2.6KG/CM^2
    1994 "SP ENGINEERING" TWIN HKS GT3240 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type 5MT
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Hardtop/Sunroof 5MT (BPU)
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo Hard Top (BPU)
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

Twin Meister
    Forgot to mention that a Toyota Heritage Parts program would be absolutely fantastic and a way to keep the ENTIRE Supra community on board and moving forward. Nissan, to its everlasting credit, and despite its financial and organizational woes, gets it. Unfortunately, the largest, most well capitalized, most successful auto manufacturer on the planet does not.

Ken.

Its clear all toyota cares about is profit.

If they were smart they would realize people would pay 1k+ for a set of 98 dash panels lol.

I was a toyota fan boy to the fullest growing up, hating on the skyline because of loyalty but its clear nissan is the superior company when it comes to performance vehicles and giving their performance car fan base what they want.

Toyota is a joke.
    94 6 speed LHD
    BW s369 / BC 264's / FIC 1650 / AEM Infinity / Flex Fuel / Stock long block

I've always been a fan of the Skyline GTR's and knowing that nissan is starting to offer parts for there older vehicles to make sure they stay on the road is amazing. Makes me want to get an R33 GTR even more.
    Allen Castillo
    Elmhurst Toyota Parts
    COMMONLY REQUESTED PART NUMBERS LINK
    ONLINE ORDERING NOW AVAILABLE HERE PRICING IS SLIGHTLY CHEAPER
    Out of town:
    Mon-Fri 10:30AM - 8:00PM
    SAT 7:30AM - 3:00PM
    www.equnit.com FOR ALL YOUR CUSTOM BAG AND BACKPACK NEEDS
    http://www.mastermindna.com FOR ALL YOUR HARD TO FIND JDM PARTS, WHEELS AND AERO NEEDS
    [email protected]

SupraForums Member
    That's cool. I guess they didn't have to worry about upset skyline fans/owners yelling at them to feel comfortable doing this. Oh yeah, because the GTR is a proper Nissan and not some "joint effort".

Quote Originally Posted by chevydude View Post
    This wouldn't surprise me if this were the case, but where'd you hear this/source?
    The supposed insider on that 'other forum' A70TTR. While that's my only source for that particular rumor, the rest of Toyota's marketing/response to the existing Supra community seems to line up with that sort of attitude toward existing Supra owners, particularly JZA80 owners.

Not to derail the thread, but dude, why do you always post in that annoying green font? lol

Quote Originally Posted by KenHenderson View Post
    IF this is true, talking about biting off your nose to spite your face. The MKV wouldn't exist, BMW and all, if there wasn't a MKIV and the most loyal, fervent group of die-hard owners on God's green earth keeping the Supra faith for 21 LONG years. If corporate brass, including the MKV development team and the CEO are so sensitive, thin-skinned and ethnocentric that they have come to despise U.S. A80 owners, I wonder how they rose to the levels they currently occupy. Clearly the design and engineering teams of the original Lexus LS 400 and the MKIV Supra have passed on, either into retirement or literally. Just as clearly, the institutional knowledge they developed was not effectively passed on to those who succeeded them if the MKV is any indication.

We're the victims here but, again, if the rumors are true, it seems Toyota corporate thinks it's the victim, and we all know what happens over time when we have relationships and one party is always playing the victim. I hope the rumors are not true, although they may be as it relates to Tada and the purported insider on the other forum. Even so, as a retired 37-year public sector employee who made hundreds of presentations to City Councils over the years, and being personally attacked time and again by one interest group or another, you could not have my job (s) if you could not handle the incoming. Thin-skinned, overly sensitive, egocentric corporate types do not bode well for the future if the "market research" model employed for the MKV continues to be an integral part of the company's mode of operation.

Ken.
    Perfectly stated, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by KenHenderson View Post
    Forgot to mention that a Toyota Heritage Parts program would be absolutely fantastic and a way to keep the ENTIRE Supra community on board and moving forward. Nissan, to its everlasting credit, and despite its financial and organizational woes, gets it. Unfortunately, the largest, most well capitalized, most successful auto manufacturer on the planet does not.

Ken.
    Preach it! A new run of critically needed A80 parts would bring ALL of us around - BMW Zupra be damned.

Texas, where it's full and we have no more room for people from out of state looking to move here. Seriously, we are full.

Not to derail the thread, but dude, why do you always post in that annoying green font? lol

Cuz chevydude wubs jooo. If you think this is annoying, you should see my shoes. lol.

I wish for the same.

Were these alleged attacks documented in any way?
    Black Onyx 95 HT NA->VVTI GTE/V160/BW SXE/Infinity 6/8XXHP/[email protected] on E85 built and tuned by Freed Engineering
    Black Onyx 00 GS400 Platinum/RSR Coils/TSW Rascasse/CatBack Exhaust/Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird View Post
    Were these alleged attacks documented in any way?
    Beyond A70TTR's lamentations on that other forum, not to my knowledge. Nobody really knows where or how A70TTR fits in the equation at Toyota but he does seem to be an insider of some kind.

If it is true, it does explain why Toyota continues to ignore the rather large demand for JZA80 replacement parts - and there's no other explanation that makes sense beyond Toyota apparently hates making money and hates everything they ever made before 2010 or so.

If it is true, it does explain why Toyota continues to ignore the rather large demand for JZA80 replacement parts - and there's no other explanation that makes sense beyond Toyota apparently hates making money and hates everything they ever made before 2010 or so.
    Two things come to mind. One, Toyota doesn't see it as profitable to make restoration parts for old cars they no longer sell. Two, making new parts would be Toyota acknowledging that what Toyota/Supra enthusiasts/owners want is stuff for their Toyota Supras, which would mean they are not concerned for the BMW-Supra and takes attention away from that. As in, we know you want Toyota parts for your Toyota Supra and are more concerned with that, but we don't care because we want you to focus on this new Supra and not our old stuff.

Beyond A70TTR's lamentations on that other forum, not to my knowledge. Nobody really knows where or how A70TTR fits in the equation at Toyota but he does seem to be an insider of some kind.

Current MKIV owners were never the target of potential MKV buyers. Them making replacement parts won't hurt unless those alleged insults really got to them and is part of the reason for no parts.

Quote Originally Posted by chevydude View Post
    Two things come to mind. One, Toyota doesn't see it as profitable to make restoration parts for old cars they no longer sell. Two, making new parts would be Toyota acknowledging that what Toyota/Supra enthusiasts/owners want is stuff for their Toyota Supras, which would mean they are not concerned for the BMW-Supra and takes attention away from that. As in, we know you want Toyota parts for your Toyota Supra and are more concerned with that, but we don't care because we want you to focus on this new Supra and not our old stuff.
    If true, then they're just stupid. There's no reason why they can't develop a newer version of a car and not keep offering replacement parts for classic examples. Nissan and Honda's ongoing (and expanding) support for old R32/33/34 GT-R's and NSX's vs their contemporary examples are living examples of that.

Oh well. Goes back to some old saying about not blaming on malice what's better explained by stupidity.

If true, then they're just stupid. There's no reason why they can't develop a newer version of a car and not keep offering replacement parts for classic examples. Nissan and Honda's ongoing (and expanding) support for old R32/33/34 GT-R's and NSX's vs their contemporary examples are living examples of that.
    I agree, alas the difference is that neither Honda nor Nissan sold their souls to BMW (NSX, GT-R). They didn't take another manufactures product and re-badge it as their own iconic marque. They have pride, Toyota does not.

EDIT: Surely Mazda, Mitsurugi...bishi, Honda, and Nissan have taken notice of this. I wonder what has stirred inside the heads of the four brands about what Toyota has done.
    Last edited by chevydude; 04-01-2019 at 09:35 PM. Reason: continuation of though

As someone that try's to sell stock MK4 parts its very frustrating to see all these parts go discontinued never to return. on the rare occasion some parts come back or the warehouse randomly finds some new old stock laying around and they make it available, but that is very rare and not happening as often as I'd like also the demand for parts has been slowing across the board and so toyota definitely doesn't see any money to be made in selling new parts for this car here in the states or even across the the world for that matter. i think they only way they would see it being profitable is if every MK4 owner NA or TT would each buy every single discontinued part at once LOL.

SupraForums Member
    I'm with you guys on this one, as always when the subject of oem reproduction parts comes up. I don't generally need stock parts for the drivetrain, but the Supra specific stuff sure would be nice.
    -Brad
    87 Supra 1jz, monster in the making
    99 Miata DD, 46 Chevy Fleetmaster garage ornament

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in