DCT in MKIV Supra - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DCT in MKIV Supra

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Bush View Post
    first, have you ever driven a supra with a th400? I suspect not, because if you had, you'd realize that a person considering a swap from the slow shifting factory 4-spd auto to a much more modern, quick-shifting DCT, will likely have little interest in swapping to an even more dated, slower shifting 3-spd auto, so the suggestion makes no sense.

craig
    While I already know the answer, comments like that make me wonder if YOU'VE ever driven a car with a 400 in it . A glide or a 400 with a VB in it will shift faster than any A340, and on par with a DCT. You know, that's why all the real race cars run them lol.

I do agree that suggesting a 3 speed non OD TH400 as a substitute for a DCT swap is clearly out in left field, but to be honest, its by far the best option for cost, strength, and longevity.
    1995 RR Auto TT Targa
    T56 Swapped

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

NiSmO [email protected] supergoji's Avatar
    someone already adapted the 8spd from the IS-F. the guy's at SRD in the UK. worked great last I saw, car was demolished in a crash however. I contacted them about and they didnt respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by OOBE View Post
    the shop power fucked you at 140 mph too :D
    Quote Originally Posted by x X CLoud X x View Post
    why the Hell is there a FUCKN SAILOR MOON ON A SUPRA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraLB View Post
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
    hell, he has a better chance of getting gov't funding to build the playboy mansion into an orbital launch vehicle to set a new record of nonstop consecutive orbital blowjobs from playboy playmates.
    94 Alpine Silver Supra TT 6spd ( for sale) https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=234504432
    91 Cherry Red Pearl Z32 TT 6spd

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb00st View Post
    While I already know the answer, comments like that make me wonder if YOU'VE ever driven a car with a 400 in it . A glide or a 400 with a VB in it will shift faster than any A340, and on par with a DCT. You know, that's why all the real race cars run them lol.

I do agree that suggesting a 3 speed non OD TH400 as a substitute for a DCT swap is clearly out in left field, but to be honest, its by far the best option for cost, strength, and longevity.

I'm glad we agree.

A th400 is great for a purpose-focused car, in which, the only real goal is to go fast in a straight line under continuous acceleration. Most people (not all), don't consider them desirable for much else. And yes, they shift quickly... UP. Down? Not so much.

And which answer do you already know?
    Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else. Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving. The worst thing that can happen to a nation is for half of the people to get the idea they don't have to work because somebody else will work for them, and the other half to get the idea that it does no good to work because they don't get to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
    - Adrian Rogers

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Bush View Post
    And which answer do you already know?
    I ASSume that you've driven a car with a 400 in it lol.

I'd use a 400 for about anything but cone chasing, but I also roll around on 15s all the time and think its fine

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb00st View Post
    I ASSume that you've driven a car with a 400 in it lol.

I'd use a 400 for about anything but cone chasing, but I also roll around on 15s all the time and think its fine

Correctamundo!

My car has been v160 to GForce gf5r to v160 to th400 and now to t56. The most fun I've ever had in the car was rowing the v-gated shifter of the gf5r at half mile events and bumping into the lights on the 2 step with the th400 at 2k17, but both the gf5r and th400 pretty much sucked for anything else. Others feel differently. Either way, as you said - way outta left field to suggest a th400 as an alternative to a dct.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in