Rear Sump 1J/R154 prices went up, not worth?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rear Sump 1J/R154 prices went up, not worth?

Rear Sump 1J/R154 prices went up, not worth?

I've been saving up for a swap for my Soup for a while now and now that I thought I was close I started looking around and it looks like prices went up from around $3500 for engine and tranny to $4500.

I currently have an SC300 sitting around with only 104k miles where the body and interior is pretty beat up but the 2JZ is still entirely fine.

I have an offer of 5k on my Soup, even with my spun bearing as the guy simply wants the shell and interior that's as clean as mine, I bought it for 1300 so its a pretty good profit.

To me it seems currently I might be better off selling it and putting money into my SC, what are your guys' opinions?
    1991 Supra 7M NA
    1992 Lexus SC300 2JZ NA

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Prices should just go up as time goes on.

I’d put money into the nicer body car. Paint and interior are harder to fix down the line that drivetrain.

Or sell it and save for a clean import. The prices aren’t too bad from what I’ve seen.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rhslol View Post
    I’d put money into the nicer body car. Paint and interior are harder to fix down the line that drivetrain.

Or sell it and save for a clean import. The prices aren’t too bad from what I’ve seen.
    I was thinking about this cause if I sell I basically have the money for an imported 1j soup but then all of them disappeared off the local market

SupraForums Member
    my gut reaction:

5k for a roller. must be nice, seems like BS to give you my honest opinion. there are a lot of non-turbo cars around to buy for under 5k in my area. Im not saying its not possible, and good for you if the car IS that nice it would sell for 5k with a spun bearing !

whats worth more post swap ? Im guessing a very nice MK3 is for sure, if the swap is done right. x10 if you SC300 is beat up.

Ive had mine 10 years and always tell myself "if you sell it today you will never find one as nice for the price..."
    1986.5 Supra NA-T Targa [email protected] BPU / MAFT-Pro sd
    2001 OG Prius
    2007.5 2500HD GMC 6.0 gas
    2011 Prius

gas, grass or ass - nobody rides for free

Truly clean MK3's are getting very hard to find. Especially LHD 91-92 models.

I say gut the SC and do a 2JZ-GE NA-T setup in the MK3.
    Jeff
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, chicks and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." -- George Best
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    Who would have ever thought.....the impact an automobile can make.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
    Truly clean MK3's are getting very hard to find. Especially LHD 91-92 models.

I say gut the SC and do a 2JZ-GE NA-T setup in the MK3.
    I need to price it out, wonder if using that motor would be cheaper than buying a 1JZ

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in