Fuel System Question only get power to the pumps when jumping 3 to 5 on EFI 2

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel System Question only get power to the pumps when jumping 3 to 5 on EFI 2

Fuel System Question only get power to the pumps when jumping 3 to 5 on EFI 2

My car has been down for 8 months as I upgraded the entire fuel system and swapped my AEM V1 for a MoTec M130 (in my spare time). With the previous set-up the car had a rigged 12 volt mod (pump ECU removed) with both pumps on separate relays. I undid the 12v mod and now have one pump triggered by the pump ECU and one by a relay. My issue is (and I probably don't understand how the fuel system works) that the only way the pumps turn on is if I jump terminals 3 and 5 on EFI 2. I tested the relay and it works fine.
    98 blk/blk 35k miles 6466 E85 RWHP TBD
    '05 E55 AMG Kleemann Stage 2 480 RWHP 550 RWTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ocapella View Post
    My car has been down for 8 months as I upgraded the entire fuel system and swapped my AEM V1 for a MoTec M130 (in my spare time). With the previous set-up the car had a rigged 12 volt mod (pump ECU removed) with both pumps on separate relays. I undid the 12v mod and now have one pump triggered by the pump ECU and one by a relay. My issue is (and I probably don't understand how the fuel system works) that the only way the pumps turn on is if I jump terminals 3 and 5 on EFI 2. I tested the relay and it works fine.
    I can only assume the power is not getting to EFI 2. As you can see, EFI 2 gets the turn on signal from EFI 1. If that isn't getting the turn on power EFI 2 will never fire the relay. Trace out what turns on EFI 1 to find out why. I didnt spend a lot time here but reading the EWD you can trace where it all goes and comes from. Not sure why the power is not getting to EFI 1
    Attached Images

SupraForums Member
    Sounds like it isn't configured correctly in the M1 software. Have you checked and tested your outputs in the M1?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in