Rare Discontinued Parts Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rare Discontinued Parts Thread

Rare Discontinued Parts Thread

Can we start a rare and discontinued parts thread?

We all know as Toyota keeps axing our products its been making brand new in the box (BNIB) items even harder to find,
    A 20$ dash panel has turns into a $1500 mantle piece that will never be used.
    Being around for 12+ years your start to notice its created quite a market.
    I would literally toss out USDM LHD Clusters and HVAC Ac Controllers because at the end of the day they were cheap, easily replaceable Toyota parts and were plentiful.
    Fast forward 10 years and now throwing out a trashed piece of broken plastic out of these cars is even a bad idea! The clips, plastic and core pieces are almost always discontinued or unavailable.
    What most people would consider junk or cheap plastic, are a hard to find necessity when maintaining, restoring and rebuilding our Supras. With constant LHD conversions and huge stashes of Toyota parts being dumped and trashed, something as small as an AC Vent or Dash panel can be extremely difficult to find.

With that being said, who out there has some of these rare discontinued items?
    We all know that there are hoards and stashes of Secret Supra Items that may never see the light of day, Lets see some collections!

JDM, USDM, LHD, RHD, EURO, CAD - Any Spec Goes

Pictures would be even better!

OEM Parts are preferred but O.G. Discontinued items like Ganador Mirrors, C's Short Shifter, Veilside Exhaust, Top Secret Items, etc etc are all welcomed! Anything that.s part of Supra History
    Last edited by BoostCreep; 04-11-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    1993.5 5 Speed Widebody
    1994 Supra 6 Speed Single
    1994 Supra 6 speed Single
    1994 Supra Auto Twin-Turbo
    1995 Supra 6 Speed Twin-Turbo
    1997 Supra Auto Twin-Turbo
    2016 Subaru BRZ

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Post 1 Reserved So i can Upload pictures of my said collection

SupraForums Member
    It's not just the Supra community running into this problem. A lot of the 90's cars are experiencing this problem with all of them.

98-01 Subaru 2.5rs coups - Can no longer get some of the exterior trim pieces that have rubber edges that like to dry up and crack up.

Rx7 FDs - Surprisingly I was able to get all of the exterior trim pieces for a full paint job. But there are some engine bay components (rear hood seal, steering column rubber firewall boot) that are no longer available.

3000gts - People love to do the 1999 conversion. Well 99 headlights and turn signals are now discontinued. The turn signals use to be $90 a piece. Now people are asking $200+ for one.

As far as interiors, there are a lot of door panel/defroster vent issues. 3000gts, Supras, and Rx7's all have fragile defroster vents and/or dashes that like to peal. There are aluminum aftermarket alternatives for 3000gts and Rx7's. There isn't an aftermarket fix for Supra yet. The only option is to buy a $840 dash which will clash with the other faded interior parts. The $800 passenger airbag is still available, but the lower kick panel, and glovebox isn't. 3000gts have door panels that like to bubble. Rx7 door panels are fragile and have clips that like to break. Supra door panels are kind of spongy and puncture easy. Mine are chewed up in places. I wish I bought a Supra about 5+ years ago so I wouldn't have to deal with this problem. I would not advise anyone to buy a project shell that is missing a ton of parts unless you have a donor car lined up. 10 years ago that wasn't the case.

I hope someday these parts start going back into production. Kind of like what is happening to Nissan or the old muscle cars. Here's a pic of my parts room. Mostly 3000gt stuff. I have a spare set of 99 turns/headlights and an extra 99 oem wing. I've also bought new exterior trim seals while they are still available.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I have a metric ton of oem parts....

Also got a C's free when I bought my v160 from japan a few years ago
    1994 Red/Black TT
    86K miles
    Roller...6 speed swap coming soon

I'd imagine there is someone out there that had the bright idea to start hoarding parts just because and is just waiting for the right moment to make those available and probably cash in on people looking to restore there car. i'm actually considering getting fenders and rear quarters just because i have a feeling those piece's will be next on the chopping block and i plan on getting another supra withing the next year and half or 2 years. so i wanna just have these laying around just incase something happens to the car and having OEM sheet metal would be good.
    Allen Castillo
    Elmhurst Toyota Parts
    COMMONLY REQUESTED PART NUMBERS LINK
    ONLINE ORDERING NOW AVAILABLE HERE PRICING IS SLIGHTLY CHEAPER
    Out of town:
    Mon-Fri 10:30AM - 8:00PM
    SAT 7:30AM - 3:00PM
    www.equnit.com FOR ALL YOUR CUSTOM BAG AND BACKPACK NEEDS
    http://www.mastermindna.com FOR ALL YOUR HARD TO FIND JDM PARTS, WHEELS AND AERO NEEDS
    [email protected]

SupraForums Member
    By no means a hoard but I sold my Ganador mirrors last year as someone made me an silly offer I couldn't refuse, prices have gone mad.

I have a complete OEM scoop kit in the loft, I bought it all new from Toyota years ago. I didn't get around to fitting it but I don't want to sell it as I know I won't be able to get another.

Should I be lucky enough to find one I will then have to pay a massive premium.
    Last edited by Ben_R; 04-12-2019 at 12:22 PM.

SupraForums Member
    there has been a discontinued thread up for some time https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...d-Parts-Thread

Limitless Production Racing

Quote Originally Posted by tical View Post
    there has been a discontinued thread up for some time https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...d-Parts-Thread
    This is mostly referring to people who have rare new in box discontinued parts versus what part are discontinued.

I need to go through my parts bin and post some up here .

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saiyajinimports View Post
    I'd imagine there is someone out there that had the bright idea to start hoarding parts just because and is just waiting for the right moment to make those available and probably cash in on people looking to restore there car. i'm actually considering getting fenders and rear quarters just because i have a feeling those piece's will be next on the chopping block and i plan on getting another supra withing the next year and half or 2 years. so i wanna just have these laying around just incase something happens to the car and having OEM sheet metal would be good.
    I was not aware rear quarters were still available
    97 Alpine Silver N/A 5-Speed HT

Quote Originally Posted by 99rolla View Post
    i was not aware rear quarters were still available
    yes rear quarter panels are still available not many though

SupraForums Member
    yes rear quarter panels are still available not many though
    How much do they go? Might be needing a driver side one lol

61611-1B110 RIGHT 5 still available
    61612-1B080 LEFT 4 still available

I could give you a price but unfortunately i wouldn't be able to ship out to you, best to ask your local toyota dealer and see what they charge.

SupraForums Member
    61611-1B110 RIGHT 5 still available
    61612-1B080 LEFT 4 still available

I could give you a price but unfortunately i wouldn't be able to ship out to you, best to ask your local toyota dealer and see what they charge.
    No problem, looks like they go for just under a grand or so which is less than I would have thought

Whenever something nice shows up on eBay they want blood money for it.

Cs SS.JPG

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in