Black NA Hardtop owners chime in

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black NA Hardtop owners chime in

Black NA Hardtop owners chime in

Been looking for a Black NA Hardtop for a few months now. Less around than I thought! If you have one, just chime in and make me jealous, especially if you’re a 5spd
    PM me on low mile Blk/Blk’s

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I have one. its Auto but not for long. if I was you id buy a JDM one and call it a day. 99% of them are hardtops and lots of 202s available.
    93 (202) JDM SZ
    03 (202) IS300
    93 Civic Hatch

Twin Meister
    I opened this thread, thinking you had snagged one, Jake. Best of luck in your search.

Ken.
    www.sp-power.com
    HKS 3.4L: 1110 all-boost whp/839 lb-ft @ 2.6KG/CM^2
    1994 "SP ENGINEERING" TWIN HKS GT3240 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type 5MT
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Hardtop/Sunroof 5MT (BPU)
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo Hard Top (BPU)
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KenHenderson View Post
    I opened this thread, thinking you had snagged one, Jake. Best of luck in your search.

Ken.
    I’ve found a few that I’d be happy with (this would be a driver to put next to my garage Queen), but no one seems to want to sell! I don’t blame them...

i did have one up until 2014. more than likely i will be buying a JDM one within the next year or so.
    Allen Castillo
    Elmhurst Toyota Parts
    COMMONLY REQUESTED PART NUMBERS LINK
    ONLINE ORDERING NOW AVAILABLE HERE PRICING IS SLIGHTLY CHEAPER
    Out of town:
    Mon-Fri 10:30AM - 8:00PM
    SAT 7:30AM - 3:00PM
    www.equnit.com FOR ALL YOUR CUSTOM BAG AND BACKPACK NEEDS
    http://www.mastermindna.com FOR ALL YOUR HARD TO FIND JDM PARTS, WHEELS AND AERO NEEDS
    [email protected]

Blog Entries
    I've said this a million times, but these cars were made to be hardtop. On the exterior, the crease on the hardtop is consistent with the hood and the rear hatch, on the targa option it gets lost as there is no definition or design element on the targa top its just a smooth top. Also, the interior of the car on the hardtops the windshield is at a more aggressive angle (i think) and the roof liner has design elements also consistent with the supra.

The targa option was an afterthought. I've owned a lot of supras but my old wingless na auto hardtop with 170k miles has left a void in my heart no other supra has yet to fill. I'll keep my eyes open..

I also owned a 97 hardtop 5 speed (original) for a week, I was forced to sell it after our offer on our old house was accepted.

my heart.. was too broke to buy 98's but it would have been perfect.

I know the wheels weren't anything crazy but I love when you have wheels from the same era as the car, it just looks right.
    Last edited by Shant; 04-23-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    @Shant.D
    94' RX7 R2 LS3, T56, 8.8
    95' Supra Hellraiser Build

Here's my '95 SE 5 spd. - bought it with the boost logic NA-T kit installed along with some other bits. Made 360whp at 10psi but the IC hot side piping was resting on the sway bar and rubbed a hole clean through and leaked at anything higher than 10psi. Restoring the body back to stock-ish with the exception of TwinZ sides, then I'll be looking at transmission swaps and likely a FFIM.

Quote Originally Posted by vodkaknockers View Post
    Here's my '95 SE 5 spd. - bought it with the boost logic NA-T kit installed along with some other bits. Made 360whp at 10psi but the IC hot side piping was resting on the sway bar and rubbed a hole clean through and leaked at anything higher than 10psi. Restoring the body back to stock-ish with the exception of TwinZ sides, then I'll be looking at transmission swaps and likely a FFIM.

Beautiful car! What type of bodywork does it need? Hopefully she didn’t suffer too much damage from the blowout?

Was a bone stock NA 5spd Hardtop. Had it since 2015 never even looked for Targa's lol.

Black Onyx 95 HT NA->VVTI GTE/V160/BW SXE/Infinity 6/8XXHP/[email protected] on E85 built and tuned by Freed Engineering
    Black Onyx 00 GS400 Platinum/RSR Coils/TSW Rascasse/CatBack Exhaust/Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by MkivOldStock View Post
    Beautiful car! What type of bodywork does it need? Hopefully she didn’t suffer too much damage from the blowout?
    Thanks! No damage, wasn't really a blowout just a massive boost leak above 10psi. The fiberglass sides and rear bumper are showing their age and I generally just want a more stock-look. I was very lucky to find an oem rear bumper locally, got a new front bumper from the dealer and the TwinZ sides should be arriving today!

I have a 95 black SE. It's an auto but I already have a v160 for it. I absolutely love the roof lines on hardtops. I agree that the targa was an afterthought and they got a bit carried away for the us market but I also very much enjoy cruising with the top off. I own a couple of 6 speed targas as well and I love them but my first supra was a hardtop and I have wanted another one, specifically an na to drive and build.

[IMG]SE by Dirty Supra, on Flickr[/IMG]

All great. Any more of these beauties lying around? Ya’ll must enjoy the reliability of a practical motor for once.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in