Thin black pannels right behind drivr and passanger windows?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thin black pannels right behind drivr and passanger windows?

Thin black pannels right behind drivr and passanger windows?

I bought a (barely working for now) 88 Mk3 about 3 months ago and Ive slowly been tunring into something beautiful. Unfortunatly it's got some things that elbow grease cant fix, namely those missing pannels behind the windows. i have no idea what theyre called or where to find them other than maybe scrap yards if Im immensly lucky. Does anyone know what theyre called and if there are any third parties that sell reproductions of this? Much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

I think you're talking about these things:

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...spx?F=6102&P=1

The 10 digit part numbers are Toyota part numbers which you might still be able to buy new. The 5 or 6 digit part numbers are clickable on that website, which will lead you to the 10 digit part number.

Probably discontinued, but worth a shot asking Toyota and seeing how expensive it will be. There's always a handful of cars being parted out in our For Sale/Wanted section, so you could buy used.

SupraForums Member
    Discontinued so unless you feel like calling dealerships everywhere hoping to get lucky aftermarket or used part out is your only real option.

Retro Spec does make some replacement ones in carbon fiber for both the hard top and targa top. Carbon B Pillar trim

CAUTION: Be careful doing business with Retro Spec
    This company has a history of very poor customer service going back to 2007. Only use a payment method with some sort of recourse for failure to deliver, i.e. Paypal.
    Last edited by Captain; 04-26-2019 at 07:18 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

YotaMD.com author
    Discontinued and unavailable everywhere new, including Japan.

Used ones are very rarely not already cracked.

Since all the used ones seem to be cracked I wouldn't even get excited about finding a new pair - just a matter of time until they crack at the upper ears (for hardtop at least). I will probably end up buying from Retro-Spec and painting black. The Retrospec ones seem to omit the top ears anyways.

They are called louvers.

Because body shops “louve” to break them off instead of taking the interior apart and taking out the bolts first.

Tanky Toyota of Columbus Ohio....(cough cough)
    Attached Images

Just to be clear, note that the ones for the targa top are slightly different than the ones for the non-targa at the top and where it butts up against the drip rail.
    Last edited by Bruder; 05-02-2019 at 04:04 PM.

yup, I had a body shop break my drivers side. I bought a replacement about 10 years ago and was amazed to find it was glossy. Mine were matte from the sun exposure. To replace you need to pull out the inside panels which is a big job. They have nuts that hold them on. Bodyshops think they have clips and try to pop them off.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in