Fuel system upgrades/ requirements to run E85.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel system upgrades/ requirements to run E85.

SupraForums Member

Fuel system upgrades/ requirements to run E85.

I have been ordering parts to upgrade my fuel system with the intent on switching over to E85 form my current set up of pump gas (91). I am currently on AEM EMS Series 2 ECU, ID1000 injectors, with with Walbro 450 fuel pump. I am ordering the aeromotive fuel pressure regulator kit and the fuel dampener bypass hose from driftmotion to up the fuel pressure if I am getting close to being out of injector with just the 1000's, and to replace most of the soft lines if the engine bay. The end goal would be to get a flex fuel sensor with a tune for both 91 and E85 so I can run either without having to drain the tank but that will still be some time off in the future.

What is the general consensus on going E85 with a 7m?

Is there anything else that either should be upgraded in order to run E85?

Are the hard lines okay to run E85 or do I need to rerun all fuel line?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

On my e85 set up I run 1200cc Precision Turbo low independence fuel injectors, Magafuel fuel filter, Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator (from DriftMotion), an6 PTFE fuel send and return lines (so you do not get fuel odor seeping through regular rubber lines), Walbro 450 fuel pump on stock fuel pump hanger and about 26 different an6 fittings total.

I bought 30' of an6 PTFE from this place:

http://www.anfittingsdirect.com/stai...6e529a390a83fd

It is a very nice quality line with a very durable exterior clear coating for protection. I also recommend their fuel line pressure kit as well so you can test the lines you made before you install them for any problems or leaks. I tested mine at 3x the pressure they normally run and had no leaks.

Last edited by plaaya69; 04-30-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    87 Turbo Supra - Daily Summer Cruiser
    87 Non-Turbo Supra - Sold
    04 GS300 - Daily Driver

2019 Updated Build Thread - https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...ore&highlight=

Nice looking lines plaaya!

I used the stock lines with my Walbro 416 pump and it started dropping fuel pressure around 30 psi of boost on a 6062 (a noticeable amount of fuel pressure, not just a bit). I threw in a JMS Fuelmax to bump the voltage on the pump under boost and its been fine since (and at higher boost levels too).

AN lines are the way to go. Personally I use www.ormebrothers.com and have them custom make a length of PTFE hose for whatever I'm doing (they also do -3 AN brake lines) so when I re-do the fuel lines I'll do -8AN and be done with it.

The rear fitting on the fuel rail (where the fuel enters) is M14x1.5, so you'll need a metric to AN adapter, then you'll also need to get an adapter for the fuel filter or replace it with an AN compatible filter.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in