Double din

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Double din

Hi everyone. Not sure if I’m posting this in the correct section. If so ...
    Does anyone know or have installed a very stock/factory looking double din headunit ?
    I have a 7+ year old JVC with a flip screen for cd which is great. But I want a more “ factory look”
    And I came across a brand I’ve never heard of “ seicane” ?! A video of a guy installing it on our MKIV’s - is on YouTube

I ran a search and it’s overseas ( China ?)

Which is fine , any other double din’s out there maybe from a newer Toyota ? That fits in without issues ? I’m not worried about wiring. I can do all that

My setup now :
    JVC head unit
    MB quarts all around (front and rear)
    No sub
    Fosgate Punch amp

I love crisp and clean sound. Not heavy loads of bass where I can’t hear the turbo spool
    Lol

Let me know ...

Tnx
    An Army of Lions will never be an army if commanded by a Deer

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

l337 M0d3r4t0r
    I ended up with a stock CD player out of some other year car that someone modified to have aux he was posting them for sale on the forums maybe a year ago. It works great, but sound quality could be better (could be the shit speakers of the 91) Anyhow, that was my option and works great, then i added a aux to BT adapter to play music off Bluetooth and take calls.

There is a specific JVC head unit stock that can be modified from camrys as well from like 1996 or so.
    Eric W
    87 TT E85
    91 T 60k miles
    98 SC 300

SF Contributing Member bitshftr's Avatar
    I really like how the Sony XAV-AX line looks in the Supra dash. No gloss, so it matches the matte finish of the dash well.

XAV-AX100

XAV-AX200
    1995 Supra NA, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD LSD, Recaro Sport seats, Cusco carbon fiber front/rear strut tower bars, 97+ front turns
    Passport hardwired, w/ amped remote speakers in seat harness slots
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button

1995 Supra TT, BPU+, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD front/Cusco rear strut tower bars, 98 headlights w/ 6k HIDs, 97+ front turns, BNR turbos, Tial BOV, HKS Super Drager exhaust, SSR Professor SP1 wheels, Racelogic TC, VPC/GCC
    Passport hardwired
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button
    Subtle white LED dash backlights

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Thats my Sony XSP-N1BT...

Last edited by Wishieftrottle; 05-06-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bitshftr View Post
    I really like how the Sony XAV-AX line looks in the Supra dash. No gloss, so it matches the matte finish of the dash well.

XAV-AX100

XAV-AX200
    that does look pretty good. did it come with everything you needed to install in the supra?
    1994 Auto TT Supra

Quote Originally Posted by krumm75 View Post
    did it come with everything you needed to install in the supra?
    Yes, bought one of them from Crutchfield, and they send you the Metra harness for free. Nothing else is required, unless of course you have an aftermarket amp, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bitshftr View Post
    Yes, bought one of them from Crutchfield, and they send you the Metra harness for free. Nothing else is required, unless of course you have an aftermarket amp, etc.
    ok cool. yea i was looking at the latest version of it on crutchfield. thanks

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krumm75 View Post
    that does look pretty good. did it come with everything you needed to install in the supra?
    Those are two great options. I will more than likely grab one of these and pair it with a reverse camera, like you have also.

SupraForums Member
    I've been gathering stuff to redo the stereo in my car. New speakers, 6.5 door adapters, new speaker mesh to redo the grill covers etc... I've been trying to buy a sub box from Wicked CAS, but they have the worst communication skills ever. They don't seem to respond via email or phone or FB messaging.

Where I'm undecided is the head unit. Can you change the button color on the Sony? I was really liking the Alpine iLX-W650 with their add-on external amp that bolts to the back of it until I learned that the button color cannot be changed. Right now I've been leaning towards the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX, or just using an older single din unit I have until something new comes out that I like. The older Alpines would have this "blackout" feature that was really cool. Meaning if you didn't touch anything on the head unit for 3-4 seconds the screen would go black and the lights would all dim really faint. I don't think anyone does this anymore which is a shame as bright lights bug me at night.

SupraForums Member
    i would stick to one of the big name companies. im from the AMG world and some of those chinese companies make systems for alot of Merc's that look factory but are andriod based. iv seen more threads on people complaining about how this or that failed. i have a kenwood cant complain. does everything a modern cars system can do besides not having apple car play.

SupraForums Member FirstStateCamber's Avatar
    I just replaced my 10yr old kenwood with a new Pioneer double din, w/ Carplay and more apps, love it so far, no need to have the phone out, waze works on screen and it has all my music apps at my fingertips so no need for am/fm dinosaur radio with crap reception...

Quote Originally Posted by fastfalcon94 View Post
    Can you change the button color on the Sony?
    YES! My XAV-AX100 (which is no longer available) has a fixed white button color. But my XAV-AX200 has a button color setup screen...any RGB combination you can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfalcon94 View Post
    The older Alpines would have this "blackout" feature that was really cool. Meaning if you didn't touch anything on the head unit for 3-4 seconds the screen would go black and the lights would all dim really faint. I don't think anyone does this anymore which is a shame as bright lights bug me at night.
    The Sonys listed above have this also, but it's not automatic. Push the big knob and one click on an icon on the touchscreen and the display and lights go black (off). Touch anything a second time and it comes back on. It's great for cruising in stealth mode.

BTW, the Sony XAV series head units support Android Auto and Apple Carplay (different models support one of both of these...check the specs carefully). My two both support both features. Love my Android Auto.

Also, the Sonys have better FM tuners than the Alpines, if that matters to you.

I am replacing my current Kenoowd with the Kenwood Excelon DNX995S that I sourced from Crutchfield. However I am doing a pretty extensive sound system in mine. I am replacing the the factory fronts and rears with Image Dynamics, mounted in custom brackets, and Image Dynamic 12"s in the trunk. I will lose the spare tire this way, but considering the Audison amps and processor that I am using, access would have been really limited anyway. This is all part of a major restoration that the car is going through and it will be awhile before I can post any pictures, but I will add them as soon as I can.

I really like the Sony AX 200. You are correct about the simple screen and Matt finish
    I will look into it

I need to figure out the dang tach why it’s not working. And in the meantime do the head unit and hks twin power lol

Never ends

Tnx everyone

FYI, Sony has a new XAV series in the pipeline. Buddy of mine still at Rockford Fosgate says they've been testing it out with their motorcycle setups. Stupid powerful he said. 100x4 @4ohm internal amplifier, 5 volt preouts, can run a pair of subs at 4ohm from the head unit if you aren't looking for anything insane. Thing looks killer, I think I'll wait until it's out to put one in my Supra.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/in-...ers/xav-ax7000

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by No1_Special View Post
    FYI, Sony has a new XAV series in the pipeline. Buddy of mine still at Rockford Fosgate says they've been testing it out with their motorcycle setups. Stupid powerful he said. 100x4 @4ohm internal amplifier, 5 volt preouts, can run a pair of subs at 4ohm from the head unit if you aren't looking for anything insane. Thing looks killer, I think I'll wait until it's out to put one in my Supra.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/in-...ers/xav-ax7000
    That looks really nice. I think they have an older model out that looks similar but isn't as powerful: https://www.amazon.com/Sony-XAV-AX50.../dp/B07CB3CB1V

I think if it really is 100wx4 it will require a beefy power cable running to it from the battery. I got around to installing new Alpine speakers in my car this weekend and recovering the grills. Alpine S-S65C components up front and Alpine S-S65 in the rear. So next up is a sub and a new head unit. Pics here if anyone is interested:

https://802projects.com/blog/suprasp...raspeakers.php

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in