Antenna Alternatives or How to Fix

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Antenna Alternatives or How to Fix

Antenna Alternatives or How to Fix

So I recently went into a shop for service and someone decided to push down my antenna by force I assume. Anyways now it's stuck up and it won't go down. When I start up or shut down I hear a grinding noise as well. What do I need to fix this? PART NUMBERS?

What other Alternatives are there for an antenna...maybe something that won't require a physical antenna going up and down when in use?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

antennamastrus.com

Purchased my replacement from this company.

Your quarter panel looks weird, is that a TRD wide body?

For antenna, I think you just need the insert, like this one. https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...ast-8633714411 part number 86337-14411. Its pretty simple, you can just take out your old one and put this on in. The plastic probably either worn out, or someone pushing it may have broken some teeth.

Good luck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shak View Post
    Your quarter panel looks weird, is that a TRD wide body?

For antenna, I think you just need the insert, like this one. https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...ast-8633714411 part number 86337-14411. Its pretty simple, you can just take out your old one and put this on in. The plastic probably either worn out, or someone pushing it may have broken some teeth.

Good luck.
    All Quarter Panels look like that from that angle* it's just that he has a TRD wing. Personal opinion here but the Straight wing looks off with the rest of the Supra because everything about the supra is curvy except for the wing.
    2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/BA6Jtw5pgzz47JeH7
    1994 MKIV Supra in RR (First Car in High School in '99) Auto to V160
    (Supra is being restored like new with surgery by Patrick94TT) Preview --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/69o8PpFoVQr9GPbk9

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenjewel97 View Post
    antennamastrus.com

Purchased my replacement from this company.
    http://www.antennamastsrus.com/

that S between T and RUS is missing* or http://www.antennamastsrus.com/Toyot...01993-1998.htm

^ I was talking about the indentation in the panel where the antenna is mounted. See the difference with factory rear.

That's not a factory quarter panel nor a TRD wing, no lines for end cap covers and lower portion too stubby. Maybe a WB with a Blitz wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismael View Post
    In my opinion, Supras are the right hand of god in the car world. Sent to put order when Mustangs and Camaros get wild. To bring justice when cocky Evo and Subaru drivers get out of hand. And to show bikers that two wheels are NOT faster than four!

SupraForums Member
    ARe you guys certain? What happens if you just remove that black cover at the base of the Antenna? It doesn't look like that? Maybe?

Not saying the parts are still available, but this used to be a common issue with a relatively easy fix by replacing the inner workings of the antenna. Do a search and see if anything comes up, with a part #. There may be some new old stock parts somewhere.

Al
    94TT Auto, 6466
    [email protected] 27 psi 4/16/16
    Previous setup: HKS Twin 2835's
    [email protected] 32 psi, 10/29/06

Previous car: 90 Talon AWD, 5 spd, FP Red (60-1)
    [email protected] built motor, 28 psi, Sept 2000

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkloki View Post
    ARe you guys certain? What happens if you just remove that black cover at the base of the Antenna? It doesn't look like that? Maybe?

The rear hips are definitely aftermarket or custom wide body. The wing appears to be blitz. No there is no indentation when you remove the antenna cover.

OP, remove the interior hatch covers next to the antenna and see if its off track or not. Worst case is replace it with a new one. Just a couple bolts holding the antenna in place.

Part number: 86300-14410 if you decide to stay OEM and replace everything including the motor and if it's still available? (though I don't believe the motor is the issue if you hear it moving). If just replacing the mast, part number 86337-14411; You can also replace with a stubby antenna. Plenty on ebay but I believe most use the s2k one. That will be a custom fit though.
    Last edited by jr12; 05-06-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    1998 IJM TT
    2011 GTR

Do you have a MKIV? look at his pic. It HAS the base still on it. That's a widebody, with the OEM antenna still in place with it's original mount.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by $9ktt View Post
    Do you have a MKIV? look at his pic. It HAS the base still on it. That's a widebody, with the OEM antenna still in place with it's original mount.
    Yes I have a MKIV it's in my signature I have not analyzed my antenna to that extent though, thanks for the information though. I'm certain other forum member can verify for you that I do in fact own a MKIV lol...

Yes I have a MKIV it's in my signature I have not analyzed my antenna to that extent though, thanks for the information though. I'm certain other forum member can verify for you that I do in fact own a MKIV lol...
    May I suggest you spend more time looking at that ass then !?! You should have EVERY detail committed to memory by now...unless u own a die-cast or RC A80. LOL

Thanks for the feedback.

And yes my Supra is equiped with a TRD Kit.
    https://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_aero-supra.html

Spoiler is Type-R not the usual Type-S or similar styles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SF Contributing Member bitshftr's Avatar
    Usually a new mast (not motor) will fix this. I've used the ones from AntennaMastsRUs.com with good results. But, you may still have to remove your antenna motor, open it up, and remove broken pieces of plastic mast first. When you remove your mast (remove antenna nut, turn radio on, catch mast as it ejects from car), see if the tail end is broken off, or if your teeth are just worn down. If the end is broken off, you need to open the antenna motor and remove the carnage before inserting the new mast.
    1995 Supra NA, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD LSD, Recaro Sport seats, Cusco carbon fiber front/rear strut tower bars, 97+ front turns
    Passport hardwired, w/ amped remote speakers in seat harness slots
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button

1995 Supra TT, BPU+, Baltic Blue, targa, TRD front/Cusco rear strut tower bars, 98 headlights w/ 6k HIDs, 97+ front turns, BNR turbos, Tial BOV, HKS Super Drager exhaust, SSR Professor SP1 wheels, Racelogic TC, VPC/GCC
    Passport hardwired
    Hidden/hardwired garage door opener w/ custom Supra dash button
    Subtle white LED dash backlights

I KNEW IT !!!! Those Racing Hart CRs doe !!!! I still have a set in 18in. They were on my MKIII ...now on My IS300. Love em.

B

I've rebuilt several MKIII antennas. The plastic cable is connected to the top thinnest section of the antenna. Try carefully pulling up on the top section of the antenna and see if it gives some. The plastic internal cable might just be jammed. It appears you got nothing to lose by trying. I wouldn't pull on the top ball too hard though, it might come off.
    Last edited by Bruder; 05-09-2019 at 09:20 AM.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by $9ktt View Post
    May I suggest you spend more time looking at that ass then !?! You should have EVERY detail committed to memory by now...unless u own a die-cast or RC A80. LOL
    Again I own a MKIV Supra the actual thing, if you go to my signature and click on the link it leads you to an actual automobile, you know the one you can get in and drive around. Not a Die-cast or RC A80 toy...

Although I consider my Supra MKIV a toy actually now that I think about it... The Mkiv Supra isn't my only car
    Last edited by darkloki; 05-09-2019 at 02:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in