New paint, interior and engine for old MKIII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New paint, interior and engine for old MKIII

New paint, interior and engine for old MKIII

As the title shows, I'm having my car painted again. This time it's being done by a local paint shop instead of being painted by me. The new color is called BlackNBlue. It's the same color Bitchin Rides did on an old F150 years ago. I had to wait two years before they could release the color to me and where to get it. After two years of waiting, I ended up buying a gallon of it. The car isn't finished yet, but it's getting closer every day. I hope to have it back in my possession in a week.
    I've also had my front seats recovered in a black suede and leather combo. My door panels were done this way also.
    Things still waiting to do once I get the car:
    Install new CCW Classics that are already mounted to brand new MT ET streets.
    Install new bulbs in existing cluster
    Install new bulbs in dome light and find out why it's not working
    Go to dyno and tune for 700 rwhp
    Swap out seats and door panels for newly recovered ones
    Take out back seats and have recovered.
    Have window retinted since old tint is coming off
    Go to Cars and Coffee and show off new / old MKIII
    I will load up pictures that I have so far tomorrow.
    1.5jz 640 RWHP, 606RWTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Twin Meister
    Anxious to see all your hard work. Last I remember, the car was in some shop in Alabama for quite a while. Glad you're near the end.

Ken.
    www.sp-power.com
    HKS 3.4L: 1110 all-boost whp/839 lb-ft @ 2.6KG/CM^2
    1994 "SP ENGINEERING" TWIN HKS GT3240 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type 5MT
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Hardtop/Sunroof 5MT (BPU)
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo Hard Top (BPU)
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

SupraForums Member
    Was just wondering what was going on with your car, glad it's getting close.

Standing by for updates/pics.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

If you dont mind me asking how much are you paying to get it repainted? Looking to get mine done soon also with the original ice blue. Are you having the bottom of the hood and the doors painted also? Problem on mine is the front and back bumper is real rough and showing the og primer.

Quote Originally Posted by KenHenderson View Post
    Anxious to see all your hard work. Last I remember, the car was in some shop in Alabama for quite a while. Glad you're near the end.

Ken.
    It was and that is by far the biggest mistake I've ever made with my car. I've had to redo basically everything that was done. It took me three weeks of therapy to get over that whole ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Was just wondering what was going on with your car, glad it's getting close.

Standing by for updates/pics.
    I've got to upload pictures but I'm going to do that shortly. I don't have the finished pictures of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by suprarx7nut View Post
    Anxious to see pics!
    I've got the first pictures but hopefully I'll get the car back by this weekend. The painter is suuuppppeeerrrr slow.

Quote Originally Posted by crs353 View Post
    If you dont mind me asking how much are you paying to get it repainted? Looking to get mine done soon also with the original ice blue. Are you having the bottom of the hood and the doors painted also? Problem on mine is the front and back bumper is real rough and showing the og primer.
    I'm a contractor by trade. This guy originally quoted me 5500.00 to paint my car. He did paint under the hood, and door jambs. He also pulled the door handles and rear spoiler off. He didn't take the lights out or the side moulding. The last time I painted it, we used some really good 3m glue to keep them on there and I told him to paint it with the trim on. I bought him six vinyl windows and installed them in his house. I ended up having 2200.00 in the window job so I came out pretty good.

This is a video my painter sent me after he painted it. I don't have the car yet to take good pictures of the finished product. He sent me a few pictures after the tape was removed. I'll get a few of them up here. He still has to install my whale tail and the door handles. Once I get it home, I'll change the Work Equips to the new CCW Classics. I can't wait.

supra8.jpeg
    With this picture you can see why it's called BlackNBlue. Without direct sunlight it looks black and I love a black MKIII.

supra5.JPEG
    In this one, you can see the blue pearl when the light hits it. This color came from the show BitchinRides. It took me two years to get the color from them.

Sorry for the upside down pictures. They're not like that on my computer where I saved them. I don't know how to edit them so you'll just have to turn your head.

YotaMD.com author
    Very cool. I like the color and I'm jealous of the fresh paint. I'm working on mine and would be thrilled if it came out that smooth. Hard to tell from the video, but it looks fantastic.

Was the car originally black?

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suprahero View Post
    Sorry for the upside down pictures. They're not like that on my computer where I saved them. I don't know how to edit them so you'll just have to turn your head.
    It looks like something the forum is doing when you attach the picture. Click on the attachment to open it to full size and the picture is oriented correctly.

Paint looks like it came out pretty good. A quick cut and buff and that'll look like glass.

Very nice! I just found a new favorite color :-)

What a great paint job and color! If only my 87 7MGTE looks that good

Thanks guys. The original color was medium blue metallic. I've painted it three times before this one...…….lol
    I hope this one stays on for the rest of it's life.
    I'll get more pictures of the car when I get it. I have the seats in my garage. I'll take a couple pictures of them and the door panels tomorrow so you can see what they look like.
    Captain, I do plan on having it wet sanded and buffed. I have a friend of mine that does that for a living.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suprahero View Post
    Thanks guys. The original color was medium blue metallic. I've painted it three times before this one...…….lol
    I hope this one stays on for the rest of it's life.
    I'll get more pictures of the car when I get it. I have the seats in my garage. I'll take a couple pictures of them and the door panels tomorrow so you can see what they look like.
    Captain, I do plan on having it wet sanded and buffed. I have a friend of mine that does that for a living.
    Picked one hell of a nice color for it to be permanent. I can hardly wait to see how it looks after the cut and buff.

Good work.

SupraForums Member
    Black and blue...
    BMW calls that Midnight Blue Metallic. I had that on a 750 that I was running around. Lovely color.
    I am sure you can probably get that mix in the House of Kolor side of things,

Black base, Cobalt Blue Kandy. Show Klear. Done.
    Back in the supra game! 89..pics to follow shortly
    Into taking care of paint on cars. Enjoy all vehicles.

Twin Meister
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Picked one hell of a nice color for it to be permanent. I can hardly wait to see how it looks after the cut and buff.

Good work.
    +1.

Ken.

SupraForums Member
    Wow, nice color man!
    '91 Supra Turbo 5spd - White Package
    2018 BRZ tS - WRB

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in