92 supra

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 92 supra

92 supra

Hey guys ive got a 92 7mge i bought a 89 7mgte going to rebuild and drop in my car. Anyone know if there is any issues dropping it in. Differences in engine harness and such. Anyone know where i can get the oil shim and advanced pickup tube to help raise the oil pressure. Ive also got a 254 rear end im putting in the vehicle would youl stay with the original rear end or go with the 254. I should be putting down 400ish to the wheels after the build

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member

92 supra

Hold on hold on.

Why a 7M? I am not trying to start a 7M vs JZ war but for what it is worth, a 2JZ/GE is super cheap and doable. You can turbo it later and use all GTE coils by having a machine shop weld in a simple cam sensor mount that PHR sells.

Just curious. I wrote that JZ swap thread that was stickied. Did the built 7M, 1JZ and then 2JZ thing so I know very well about it as many others on here. One is pretty easy and supported than the other. The money you spend on rebuilding and buying stuff like the high pressure line can find a 2JZ-GE, rebuild it and swap it in. People throw away those GE motors and if you can locate one in a yard from a SC300, it will have the rear sump already.
    Last edited by BoostPsiKPA; 05-10-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Well its simple ive already got the 7mgte 450cc injectors brian crowder stage 2 cams a 254 rear end and all the other parts i need. Im going to have a junkyard build with a little under a thousand bucks in it and 400 ish to the wheels. So thats why im going that route

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    I highly suggest not to do that “junkyard build” on a 7M. As some who has done this, as well as many others on here, the 7M will let you know.

Are you decking the block? New pistons/rods?

Instead of asking me all these other questions how about just answer my original post in the way its stated. Im not trying to offend but to be honest im just old school. I know i could swap and do all this other stuff but i like this motor flaws and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wthardin View Post
    Instead of asking me all these other questions how about just answer my original post in the way its stated. Im not trying to offend but to be honest im just old school. I know i could swap and do all this other stuff but i like this motor flaws and all.
    Yes the 89-92 Supra's use the Gray plugs and mechanically will drop and bolt right in with those years. I believe there is a different sensor connector on the thermostat housing for the cold start injector time switch so you might have to reuse your cold start injector time switch from your 92.

You will have some fun in the 7m at 400ish hp, I know I do at 450whp on pump gas and at 540whp with some e85 it is a absolute blast.
    87 Turbo Supra - Daily Summer Cruiser
    87 Non-Turbo Supra - Sold
    04 GS300 - Daily Driver

2019 Updated Build Thread - https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...ore&highlight=

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wthardin View Post

Fair enough. 89 is a mix year. You could have bought a early or late 89 swap. One uses yellow plug harness and the other grey.

All grey plugs do not plug into each other and 92 is the year with the most differences in the harness. There are a few threads about this over at Supramania as there was a build thread where someone did this kind of swap and ended up swapping pins in the harness.

Round mounts versus square mounts. Swap from the GE to the GTE fine.

Some sensor plugs are different but they all are the same when sending values to the ECU so the harness can be used or swap sensors. Rockauto has them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in