Known Supra Related Scams!! - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Known Supra Related Scams!!

People like that deserve to be atomized!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Anaconda
    People like that deserve to be atomized!

Man, mobile.de currently has FOUR supras on it that are scams. Pictures are straight copies from these boards or ebay/autotrader. I'll email them all to confront them with their bullshit.

For my fellow Europeans, don't EVER "buy" a supra from mobile.de if the price is <20000 euros and the car has lamps on the side of the bumper (meaning an American car) because it's a scam!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Found E85 NOT in NJ! twinturbosupra94's Avatar
    not sure about this one:

Can someone pm detail on why escrow accounts are bad or not legit....or why this deal is bad......

Hello,

I'm glad you are interested in buying my 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo

I received this car as a gift from my husband (actually my Ex-husband), it is hard to say much but I will say that he was cheating on me, but that is where I will leave it.
    I want to forget about him and I am starting by selling the car I received from him...and I want to get rid of it fast...that is why I am selling it so cheap.

I am originally from Hungary, Europe and I live in USA for 3 years but now after divorce I am going to move back to Hungary

I must leave the car in the US as I can not register it in the Hungary
    We have very strict polution rules in the EU (called EURO3) and unfortunately I am not able to register it in the EU

The title is registered under my name

Here are the selling conditions:

1) Before I ship/drive and/or meet you for inspection the car, I
    request a minimum deposit of 25% (which is $2100). (FULLY REFUNDABLE)

2) We will use an escrow service which will take care of this deposit.

My lawyer advised that through an escrow company is the best way to
    close expensive deals.

Here is the link: http://www.e-tradingsafe.com

The fees which they charge are very low (0.75%).
    I am already a member of this website. My registered email address is [email protected]
    Also, you can check my e-tradingsafe.com rating (41 positive transactions and
    none of them negative) by clicking “Check a user rating” on their home page (just
    enter my email).
    Here is how we will proceed:
    1) Start the transaction with me (or I can start it as a seller if you
    want, just let me know).
    2) Secure $2100 to e-tradingsafe.com (it will act as a third party securing the funds).
    3) After you wire the money, I will ship/drive the car for inspection to you.
    I will pay for shipping if it is required.

IMPORTANT: When you start the transaction, it will be for the down payment value of $2100, not the total price of the vehicle. We will perform only the initial deposit through the escrow service, I accept cashier’s check or bank wire for the remaining balance.
    After you have approved of the car, I ask that you wire the remaining balance to me, and e-tradingsafe.com requires that you provide them with permission to release the secured funds to me.

After the first deposit is received and you have approved of the car, we can move forward.

Regards,
    Jamie Wilis

P.S. I am located in Portland, OR

ARRGg.. another one!

"Hello again,

The car is located in Coram,NY but don't worry because the car can be shipped to your location without any extra costs for the shipping because there are included in the final price.
    I recently moved with my family and now we are in Birmingham,United Kingdom. Since I lost my job and I didn't found one here yet,I have to sell this car as soon as possible and due to the fact that this car is an US model the price to register it here is very high,also the shipping to this place, so I've decided to sell it in US at a price that will find a buyer in a few days .

I have the car locked up in my garage in US.As I've said the car is in perfect mechanical and esthetical condition.The price that I'm looking for it is 6000 USD.As soon as the payment will be made I will take a plane to US and take care of things.

I think that the most important thing when we make a deal over the internet,is to have both of us 100% protection in case of fraud or anything else.That's the reason why I used a big,reputable and trustable company,Square Trade,in all my deals until now.

I am a Square Trade member and I want to make the deal thru them.They will act like a THIRD PARTY and we will be both 100% protected.The money will be HELD by them into their escrow account and I will give you a few days to test the car and to see that nothing is wrong with it.I made few deals on eBay and Yahoo in this way and it worked very well.

Here are the steps of the deal :

1.The Seller will open the transaction --> 2.The buyer has to make the payment to Square Trade Financial Department and they will deposit the money into their escrow account --> 3.The Seller will receive the confirmation that the payment is done --> 4.The seller will ship the item to the buyer and he has 5 days to test check it -->5.The buyer will contact Square Trade to tell them if he is satisfied or not --> 6.Square Trade will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) and to the buyer(in case that he is not satisfied).

In case you have any question about how this service work,please ask me and I will be more than happy to give you all the details.So,please wrote this email twice and let me know.I hope you agree with me,because I think that it is the best way to protect both(seller and buyer).

If so,please provide me your full name and shipping address so i can contact Square Trade and start the transaction.

Just email me back and let me know"

BY the way.. you notice how this seller is more worried about the actual transaction then the Supra's condition (and information)? Tell-Tell sign of a scam.
    Andre

2JZ in a BMW Z4 Project -> https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...1-BMW-Z4-Build
    PTE6768 RSP MKIV - 845whp/Pump/Meth -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6HEN...eature=related
    Start your supra with a push button -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n6F-owxgyY

"I'd rather be a famous drunk than an anonymous alcoholic..."

So I replied:

"I live 15 minutes from CORAN, NY. I can meet you there by the car and hand you the money as soon as you like. The car looks great (he sent me photos...), so the purchase is garunteed. Thanks."

He responds:

"Well,

As I told you before,currently I'm in United Kingdom and the car is in my locked garage in US. You say you want to come to see the vehicle,in order to show you the vehicle,I have to come there to unlock the garage and show you the car. Supposing,I will come back to US and when I will get there you will tell me "Sorry,but I just found another car and I'm no longer interested in buying yours...I'm affraid you have to find another buyer".

So,what can I do if this will happen ???? I don't want to be rude but it is possible,am I right ???
    I think you should think at this from my point of view...and I think I cannot take that risk,to come there without having any insurance that when I will get there,you will tell me what I mentioned previously,and I will lose my time and money for nothing.

What's wrong dealing thru Square Trade ???? They offer 100% protection for both of us.You do not have anything to lose dealing thru Square Trade because they will HOLD your money into their SECURE escrow account,and nobody can acces the money until you will receive the car and will give to Square Trade your confirmation to release the funds to me.

You have only 2 options :
    1. In case you like the car and you want to buy it (I'm sure you will love it from the 1st moment when you will see it),you have to give to Square Trade your accept to release the funds to me.
    2. If not,you only need to ask them to refund you and you will get your FULL amount back.

So,please read this email again and let me know if we have a deal or not cause I still have 2 other offers and in case you do not want to deal with me,I do not want to waste our time and I don't want to lose the other offers.

Thanks alot."

---- Notice again how he is really pushing this escrow thing, with all the details. This is actually fun now that I think of it.

Just responded:

"I checked the carfax, everything looks great on the car! The photos look fantastic. I have no reason to change my mind. If you like to confirm your flight here, I can pick you up and I will have cash in hand. I have no reason to lose interest in this car. Please let me know what you would like to do. You have to come down here regardless to hand me the keys to the car. We can do this in one step if you like. Thanks !

Dre"

Waiting for his reply...

when FATF came out, some idiot in bradenton was buying salvaged mkivs up the wazoo...trying to sell them to the 'not so smart' FATF-heads

jec215
    Quote Originally Posted by dre99gsx
    ARRGg.. another one!

"Hello again,

The car is located in Coram,NY but don't worry because the car can be shipped to your location without any extra costs for the shipping because there are included in the final price.
    I have a friend in Ohio that just about feel for this...it is also being listed on Auto Trader under Monica Weissbach out of the same city in New York.

I am glad that you all just saved him 2k+ in this now very obvious scam. Something was saying it just isn't right. THANKS!!

i donno if this one has been posted yet

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6447

but it seems too low for this car,

plus that whole thing about his email not working and stuff i donno

Quote Originally Posted by twinturbosupra94
    not sure about this one:

Can someone pm detail on why escrow accounts are bad or not legit....or why this deal is bad......

Hello,

I'm glad you are interested in buying my 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo

I received this car as a gift from my husband (actually my Ex-husband), it is hard to say much but I will say that he was cheating on me, but that is where I will leave it.
    I want to forget about him and I am starting by selling the car I received from him...and I want to get rid of it fast...that is why I am selling it so cheap.

I am originally from Hungary, Europe and I live in USA for 3 years but now after divorce I am going to move back to Hungary

I must leave the car in the US as I can not register it in the Hungary
    We have very strict polution rules in the EU (called EURO3) and unfortunately I am not able to register it in the EU

The title is registered under my name

Here are the selling conditions:

1) Before I ship/drive and/or meet you for inspection the car, I
    request a minimum deposit of 25% (which is $2100). (FULLY REFUNDABLE)

2) We will use an escrow service which will take care of this deposit.

My lawyer advised that through an escrow company is the best way to
    close expensive deals.

Here is the link: http://www.e-tradingsafe.com

The fees which they charge are very low (0.75%).
    I am already a member of this website. My registered email address is [email protected]
    Also, you can check my e-tradingsafe.com rating (41 positive transactions and
    none of them negative) by clicking “Check a user rating” on their home page (just
    enter my email).
    Here is how we will proceed:
    1) Start the transaction with me (or I can start it as a seller if you
    want, just let me know).
    2) Secure $2100 to e-tradingsafe.com (it will act as a third party securing the funds).
    3) After you wire the money, I will ship/drive the car for inspection to you.
    I will pay for shipping if it is required.

IMPORTANT: When you start the transaction, it will be for the down payment value of $2100, not the total price of the vehicle. We will perform only the initial deposit through the escrow service, I accept cashier’s check or bank wire for the remaining balance.
    After you have approved of the car, I ask that you wire the remaining balance to me, and e-tradingsafe.com requires that you provide them with permission to release the secured funds to me.

After the first deposit is received and you have approved of the car, we can move forward.

Regards,
    Jamie Wilis

P.S. I am located in Portland, OR
    yea i got the exact same thing word for word about the ex husband/wife when i inquired about a supra for sale in oct/sept of last year except the seller was a very busy doctor in california and the site was www.car-escrow.com, which doesnt exist anymore

Possible scam?

I don't know how to post pictures but I'll give it a try....
    If that didn't work just follow this link: 1994 T88H for $23,000?! This just doesn't sound right to me at all but if it is a scam like I'm thinking it may be, then at least they're learning to make the cars a little closer to retail value! I emailed the guys at Dragon MS and they emailed me back and said he just needs money but I'm gonna have my cousin go down there and see if it's even there...

Anyone ever seen that picture or that car and know for sure if it's a scam?

IT WORKED! Alright...(pattin' myself on the back for not being completely computer retarded!)

SupraForums Member Dark falcon TT's Avatar
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...st=2214#vdptop

Sounds a little to good to be true to me

what aout this one

quicksilver for 5,000
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...70472887QQrdZ1

seems too good to be ture

The last one listed is a Supraforums member. I remember seeing those picks. But, thats not the same ebay seller...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-Toyota-Supr...QQcmdZViewItem

cowboy bebop's supra............for 6,000!!! yay!

Found this one:

Link 1

if anyone can see the link at all.

Link

It's a 1994 Supra TT Black with 104k miles 6-speed for 15,400 dollars. Supposedly its in San Antonio, TX. I checked out the Area code on the phone number and shows to be a Fort worth area code. The zip code does match San Antonio. I just thought i'd call for the heck of it and no answer but an answering machine with some lady talkiong about american airlines. Hung up and emailed the person wanting to see this car physically for myself as I would drive from Austin to SA. The response was this :

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 1995 Toyota Supra.
    The car is now located at the AutoTrader.com warehouse in Denver, Colorado.
    It will be shipped and insured by AutoTrader.com.
    AutoTrader.com will act as a 3rd party for our transaction. You will not have to pay additional taxes for this. To be able to receive or pick up the car you'll have to make a $2,800 deposit. After you inspect the car if anything seems wrong you'll be able to receive a refund from AutoTrader.com. Please send me your full name and shipping address to forward them to AutoTrader.com. They will contact you with all the information you need.
    Thanks for your interest, please feel free to email me any questions or concerns you may have.

Respectfully,
    Annamarie

Uhh no.

Project:: Reaper Steady Boostin''s Avatar

SupraForums Member
    It's a 1994 Supra TT Black with 104k miles 6-speed for 15,400 dollars. Supposedly its in San Antonio, TX. I checked out the Area code on the phone number and shows to be a Fort worth area code. The zip code does match San Antonio. I just thought i'd call for the heck of it and no answer but an answering machine with some lady talkiong about american airlines. Hung up and emailed the person wanting to see this car physically for myself as I would drive from Austin to SA. The response was this :

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 1995 Toyota Supra.
    The car is now located at the AutoTrader.com warehouse in Denver, Colorado.
    It will be shipped and insured by AutoTrader.com.
    AutoTrader.com will act as a 3rd party for our transaction. You will not have to pay additional taxes for this. To be able to receive or pick up the car you'll have to make a $2,800 deposit. After you inspect the car if anything seems wrong you'll be able to receive a refund from AutoTrader.com. Please send me your full name and shipping address to forward them to AutoTrader.com. They will contact you with all the information you need.
    Thanks for your interest, please feel free to email me any questions or concerns you may have.

Respectfully,
    Annamarie

I emailed on this one as well and got the exact same answer (verbatim) as the above...after telling good old Anna Marie that I would be more than happy to fly to Co. to see the car I was told that was impossible and if I wanted to the car to make the deposit through autotrader.com and it would all be ok..."she promised" I told her I was copying autotrader.com her ad to make sure all was on the up and up....I have no response as of 3 days ago.
    there are 3 of these ads on autotrader.com right now.

SupraForums Member AllmotorRoush's Avatar
    here's another good one.......1994 Black Single Turbo T74 for $5000......emailed the guy and this is what i got in response........congratulations you are the winner of item number #4556525281. I e-mailed the guy saying that i wanted to see pictures of the car and used my college email address instead of my e-mail that use for ebay.......and i recieve that........since he has none of my information should i still be concerned that he may try to steal some type of information from me?

SCAM: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...dist=41#vdptop

Thanks Matt for finding that link. The car is mine and obviously I'm not selling it. Plus its a hardtop not a targa!
    Last edited by Dave Capone; 09-24-2005 at 09:05 AM.
    - Dave

Longbow MkII
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...g=&cardist=600

theres something fishy about this one, only 2k. but no explaination why. i know it hasnt depreciated that much. berettas of the same year sell for that, plus the picture shows a hardtop yet he describes it as a convertible. its not even a targa. no excuse for that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in