Fog Light re-wire(same one you've already done)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fog Light re-wire(same one you've already done)

Fog Light re-wire(same one you've already done)

Seeing as there are not any FAQs posted, I figured I would post the one I had on my PC from a few years back on how to re-wire the foglights to come on at your leasure.

"This procedure was documented by Greg Giacchi

Procedure:

Here are my instructions for rewiring the factory foglamps on a Mk2 Celica Supra. I have performed this procedure on several 1984 and 1985 models, and have been told the wiring colors on the 1982 and 1983 cars are the same.

My method will allow you to leave the factory foglamp rocker switch in the ON position all the time. The foglamps will light up whenever the parking lamps are ON. However, you can still switch the fogs off if you desire. Please note my method will bypass the high-beam cutout. You will only need a Philips Screwdriver, Wire Cutters, common "solderless" Spade Connectors and Crimp Tool, Electrical Tape, and approx 24 inches of 12 or 14 gauge wire.

Start by removing the six phillips head trim screws from the center console. Two are on each side, and two more are inside the center compartment. Lift the console up, and turn over on its side.
    Underneath, you will notice the foglamp switch has two wires feeding it: green/orange and red/white. The red/white is the hot side and will be eliminated. Cut this red/white wire leaving a 2 to 3 inch pigtail on the switch side. Wrap the source side of the red/white wire with electrical tape. You will now obtain power from the map lamp which is located under the armrest. This map lamp is actuated by the parking lamps. With the console still up-side-down, you will notice that the
    map lamp has a white/black and green wire feeding it. The green wire is hot and will be the new foglamp power source. You'll want to splice in about 18 inches of either 12 or 14 gauge wire to this green wire. Then connect the other end of this new wire to your red/white wire pigtail.

TEST to make sure the foglamps are now working with parking lamps.

Reinstall console - you are done! REMEMBER to wrap the unused red/white wire (source side) with electrical tape to prevent shorting. "

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

Excellent, I've been wanting to do this for a while now!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in