Fender modification pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fender modification pics

Fender modification pics

I would like to see some close up pics of rolled or cut rear fenders. Interested in the end result whether it was done by a shop or a DIY job. thanks.
    searched..and no luck.
    Last edited by Ctwins; 02-19-2007 at 07:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member

Here are a few pics

Before cut fenders

After cut fenders and used touch up paint. I brought it to a shop to have done.

Last edited by supra sean98; 02-20-2007 at 02:14 AM.

^ Thanks for the pics supra sean98, do you know what tool was used to do this, how much of the fender was cut and did it require rolling afterwards?
    thanks again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

paid cash 4 my mkiv Maximus Decimus Meridius's Avatar
    car looks great.

1,150+ rwhp club
    At Paint...

Done...

The shop pulled out the whole fender a bit. I've got about 1"-1.25" more clearance on each side. No rolled look at all.

Granted, this isn't your normal cut and roll kinda job, but since the whole car was under the knife for repaint and a few other body mods, I though it was a good time.
    James
    '95 Black Supra 6 spd - 3.4, gt42 7175 + QSV, Pro EFI + E85
    '11 CTSV Coupe
    '08 Dodge 2500

St Louis Supras -- https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...79#post7304479

The shop pulled out the whole fender a bit. I've got about 1"-1.25" more clearance on each side. No rolled look at all.

Granted, this isn't your normal cut and roll kinda job, but since the whole car was under the knife for repaint and a few other body mods, I though it was a good time.
    Thanks James, so from what ive seen so far and info gathered from others, cutting/trimming the rear fenders is a better route than rolling? Can this be something you can do yourself with the right tools? with so many Supras now with bigger/wider rim & tire setups, there should be a sticky with steps on how to do this properly.

BLACKOUT
    i rolled my fenders my self , i was skeptical but got frustrated cuz nobody would do it for me so i bought the tool and did it in my driveway ....i was surprised how easy it was , since then i did a couple of other cars and the supra was by far easier

Quote Originally Posted by SUPRA180 View Post
    i rolled my fenders my self , i was skeptical but got frustrated cuz nobody would do it for me so i bought the tool and did it in my driveway ....i was surprised how easy it was , since then i did a couple of other cars and the supra was by far easier
    nice. pics of the tool and what are the steps ?

BLACKOUT
    i dont have pics but look up eastwood fender roller on the internet ....you attach the roller to the hub with the wheel off , heat up the fender lip with a heat gun and adjust it to get a slight bend or roll of the lip then you go back and forth across the lip (front to back) then you tighten it down just a little more and repeat until its rolled ...the key to it it only do a little at a time and keep the lip hot ....better off doing it when its warm out also

Quote Originally Posted by supra sean98 View Post
    Before cut fenders
    After cut fenders and used touch up paint. I brought it to a shop to have done.

Lookin good! :coold:

SupraForums Member
    Eastwood gets $250 for the tool, but it's a pretty nice tool.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=PRODUCT

PS: I've always wondered if a tightly bent back lip that is much more likely to catch and hold dirt might not lead to faster corrosion. Trapped dirt like that, especially as it repeatedly gets wet and dry, is an aggressive media for starting corrosion. Maybe first really clean and then coat the inside surface with undercoating or something like that before rolling?
    Last edited by Nick 95 6sp; 02-20-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    Nick 95 6sp
    Twin Garrett GT2860's w/TiAL SS exhaust housings, WG's and BOV's, V-band moded HKS twin manifolds, AEM v2, AEM WB, ID1000's,
    AEM meth/water spray, GSC S1's, ported head, Ferrea valvetrain, CP pistons w/crown & skirt coatings, Carrillo H-beams,
    OS Giken triple clutch & Super Lock LSD, Racelogic TC, TRD gen2 catback
    street wheels: Veilside EvoV 9-1/2"F X 10-1/2"R with 265/35F & 285/35R NT05's
    track wheels: CCW LM5 10"F X 11-1/2"R with 285/30F & 315/30R R888's

Quote Originally Posted by JamesN1830 View Post
    At Paint...

Can I get some more specifics on this. See I wanted to run the do-luck front fenders and I hear that the car can look unbalanced with just the front widened. But I'd like to avoid molding rear fenders in and all that.

How wide of a tire can you run with the fenders pulled out like you have? Do the fenders look deformed or anything? I would think that by pulling the fender out like that you would notice a rather different curvature of the rear end.
    Black 97 Supra TT
    White 97 Supra NA

1,150+ rwhp club
    Quote Originally Posted by JGsupraTT View Post
    How wide of a tire can you run with the fenders pulled out like you have? Do the fenders look deformed or anything? I would think that by pulling the fender out like that you would notice a rather different curvature of the rear end.

I did not do anything to the front fenders. Only rears.
    The curvature is not noticeable unless you know the supra curve. As for quality of the curve, it is symetrical, no ripples, and follows the line personally how I think it should have been made instead of a sudden drop off/flat line.

Tire - the tires on the car are too narrow (275). I usually run a set of 325/50/15 mickey Thompson DR's... they clear just fine. No rubbing in the turns even with them now.

Here are a few more pics the day I picked it up...
    NOTE - don't mind the piece of tape on the rear quarters. Leting a piece of trim glued on dry since the top bolt holes are now gone from the clearancing.

Live life to the fulllest

aluminum baseball bat does wonders too.....and its a hell of a lot cheaper. Your just going to have to get a shop to use some sealant to keep the areas where the paint chips off from rusting.

Quote Originally Posted by 97Tdawg View Post
    aluminum baseball bat does wonders too.....and its a hell of a lot cheaper. Your just going to have to get a shop to use some sealant to keep the areas where the paint chips off from rusting.
    Can you post up the details on how its done? I would also like to know a bodyshop does it exactly.
    Last edited by Ctwins; 02-20-2007 at 02:43 PM.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctwins View Post
    ^ Thanks for the pics supra sean98, do you know what tool was used to do this, how much of the fender was cut and did it require rolling afterwards?
    thanks again.
    When I first went to the shop I wanted them to roll the fenders but they strongly recomended that I have them cut instead. They said that there was a high chance that the paint will chip and possibly the fender might warp even when heat is applied. I decided to have them cut the fenders and they charged 90 dollars. Sorry, I have no idea what kind of tool they used. They cut about 10mm and no rolling was required.

Banned
    I can get pics tomorrow. Rolled and hammered flat. Minimal paint damage, and about as much room as you can get without flairing. Good enough to fit +17 up front and +21 in rear.

SupraForums Member yellow97tt6spd's Avatar
    i cut mine and took pics of the whole procedure but i dont know how to post them... i could email them to someone if they wanted to put them up...

brian

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by attie4 View Post
    car looks great.
    Thanks

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow97tt6spd View Post
    i cut mine and took pics of the whole procedure but i dont know how to post them... i could email them to someone if they wanted to put them up...

brian
    I had a hard time at first but its actually really easy. All you need to do is open an account at photobucket.com which is free and download your pictures. Under every picture that you download there will be an img code which are a series of numbers and letters. Copy the img seris numbers and letters to your post and thats it you have posted your picture.

SupraForums Member hockyplyer18's Avatar
    98mkiv rents out the fender roller i believe.

Here a few of mine. Rolled and hammered fender.
    Used the described tool along with a few spacers... the fender is waaaaaaay to far away to use the tool without - and i had to do a little rework because the fender turned out to be very strong ...

supra sean98 - thanks for the photobucket info !

wasting my life on SF muchoboosto's Avatar
    looks great!

SupraForums Member Trojan Supra's Avatar
    can any good body shop pull the fenders?? i know my shop can do rolling, but not sure about pulling the fender...im interested in doing this, but dont know too much about it. thanks

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hiboostn5 View Post
    can any good body shop pull the fenders?? i know my shop can do rolling, but not sure about pulling the fender...im interested in doing this, but dont know too much about it. thanks
    I have a friend with a 240 that used a fender roller to flare his fender, he just kept going at it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in