Fender modification pics - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fender modification pics

1,150+ rwhp club
    Quote Originally Posted by hiboostn5 View Post
    can any good body shop pull the fenders?? i know my shop can do rolling, but not sure about pulling the fender...im interested in doing this, but dont know too much about it. thanks

I'd say any shop that does anyhting custom can. The problem you'll run is paint. If you don't want to crack the paint, you will be limited. If you are repainting the fenders, they can pull them out like mine.
    James
    '95 Black Supra 6 spd - 3.4, gt42 7175 + QSV, Pro EFI + E85
    '11 CTSV Coupe
    '08 Dodge 2500

St Louis Supras -- https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...79#post7304479

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

here are some pics of different cars I've done

lip folded flat ,no cutting here

before j/k

after ,lip cut all the way down

before rolling

after rolling

Stefan
    Last edited by exvelocity; 02-22-2007 at 06:43 AM.
    _Stefan B
    elite custom body + paint

do what's right,not what's easy
    Need professional advice or opinion on body/paint/assembly or cosmetic related issues?Just ask.

http://www.facebook.com/ELITECUSTOMBODY

Quote Originally Posted by hiboostn5 View Post
    can any good body shop pull the fenders?? i know my shop can do rolling, but not sure about pulling the fender...im interested in doing this, but dont know too much about it. thanks
    I sure can,but I would not recomend pulling more than 1 inch or so,as the sheetmetal get distorted and will have to be massaged and most likely some body work/paint will be a must,there is a special attachment that is used on wheelwells when the car is strapped down to a frame machine and you can rip the car apart if you like

5. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

BLACKOUT
    what do you mean by pulling the fenders ?

SupraForums Member
    ^Bringing the fender out in addition to rolling the lip up. All depends on how aggressive a tire/wheel you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MtFujiSupra View Post
    ^Bringing the fender out in addition to rolling the lip up. All depends on how aggressive a tire/wheel you want.

SupraForums Member
    ^^I should have said aggressive-looking. All to often, this process of fender-bending is a result of aesthetics and not function.

I'm thinking about pulling the back fender out now after reading this thread. I'm getting my car repainted anyways and I was looking for a solution to run a wider rear wheel instead of rear over fenders. Would 18x12 or 19x12 be possible with some pulling? How wide do you think you could go before you start to distort the curves to much?
    Last edited by JGsupraTT; 02-22-2007 at 10:25 AM.
    Black 97 Supra TT
    White 97 Supra NA

1,150+ rwhp club
    Quote Originally Posted by JGsupraTT View Post
    I'm thinking about pulling the back fender out now after reading this thread. I'm getting my car repainted anyways and I was looking for a solution to run a wider rear wheel instead of rear over fenders. Would 18x12 or 19x12 be possible with some pulling? How wide do you think you could go before you start to distort the curves to much?
    I have little to no experience in this area... but what my guy told me while doing it... if I wanted more then 1.5" per side, it would get really expensive. Reason being the inner fenders would need to be cut out and new ones fabbed.

All ripples are a non issue with a good body guy and the lightest layer of mud. All good paint jobs have mud... as long as the layer is thin.

BTW, with my 19's in the picture above, I origionally would rub ever so slightly at times. Now I have tons of room. So much that the wheel looks to narrow, and it's a 9.5 or 10" rim (can't remember which).

Banned
    stefan, I have the same fender roller but kind a nervous to use it since I just repainted the car not to long ago...

I've done it before on my old 350z with just leaving it in the sun to warm it up and then roll the crap out of it. What can I do to prevent the paint from cracking?

Quote Originally Posted by soundeffects View Post
    stefan, I have the same fender roller but kind a nervous to use it since I just repainted the car not to long ago...

I've done it before on my old 350z with just leaving it in the sun to warm it up and then roll the crap out of it. What can I do to prevent the paint from cracking?
    use a heat gun,if it's too cold ,have a friend move the heat gun back and forth while you roll, but if outside temp is around 70,you can do it by yourself,just make sure to still use the heat gun,especially when the car has been repainted,be carefull, Supra's wheel wells don't like to be rolled,and will have a funny edge if you go too far,because of the spot welds, if you look at the pics of a white car I posted you can slightly see it , I had to stop there

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by JGsupraTT View Post
    if you get the right offset, you won't need much pulling,you also need the right size tire,also consider that different tire brands have different shape tires, some have more square sidewall while others have more rounded corners

Quote Originally Posted by JamesN1830 View Post
    I did not do anything to the front fenders. Only rears.
    The curvature is not noticeable unless you know the supra curve. As for quality of the curve, it is symetrical, no ripples, and follows the line personally how I think it should have been made instead of a sudden drop off/flat line.

Tire - the tires on the car are too narrow (275). I usually run a set of 325/50/15 mickey Thompson DR's... they clear just fine. No rubbing in the turns even with them now.

Here are a few more pics the day I picked it up...
    NOTE - don't mind the piece of tape on the rear quarters. Leting a piece of trim glued on dry since the top bolt holes are now gone from the clearancing.

Off topic but did you use dzus fasteners for your front lip? I would assume you did it for easy loading and unloading on and off the trailer.

1,150+ rwhp club
    Quote Originally Posted by prodrive_rs View Post
    Off topic but did you use dzus fasteners for your front lip? I would assume you did it for easy loading and unloading on and off the trailer.

yes and yes. Trailors are a pain no longer!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesN1830 View Post
    yes and yes. Trailors are a pain no longer!
    That is very clever, was there just a drop down bracket made or something?

Theres alot posted about rolling fenders.. any more info on cutting them?.. what tool is used to trim the metal?

1,150+ rwhp club
    Quote Originally Posted by prodrive_rs View Post
    That is very clever, was there just a drop down bracket made or something?
    yep metal bracket with the zeus tabs on it.

hi

i order new wheel

18x9.0 +43 front 18x10.0 +43 rear

what the bist tire size and

do i have to roll or cut front and rear fenders

thanks

6 speed

Twin Meister
    Here are four pics of my red car with cut rear quarters. They were cut by my body shop when I had the lip spoiler installed and the OEM side skirts color-matched. It's a matter of preference, but I have always thought cutting was better than rolling. My body shop had previously cut the fenders on my black car as well before I went with the Do-Luck body kit, including rear overfenders. My cars are usually lower than most (on coilovers) and I like the wheels/tires to tuck just so. The wheels are 18 x 10, front, and 18 x 11, rear, offsets unknown, with 265/35/18s in front and 295/30/18s in the rear. No rubbing whatsoever, even in attack mode driving.

Ken.
    www.sp-power.com
    HKS 3.4L: 1110 all-boost whp/839 lb-ft @ 2.6KG/CM^2
    1994 "SP ENGINEERING" TWIN HKS GT3240 TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO

1985 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type 5MT
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo Hardtop/Sunroof 5MT (BPU)
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo Hard Top (BPU)
    1995 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT (APU)
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

I cut my rear fenders using a carbon fiber cutting disc and Rotozip. Outlined in this thread by Swantko:

https://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...hlight=rotozip

'94 6 Speed Black/Black BPU

Ken what lip is that on your car ?

Twin Meister
    ^^^HKS Kansai Service.

Ken.

Tearing up Sydney streets Infernoo's Avatar
    When cutting the fenders, I thought there were spot welds in the part you are cutting off? How do they handle this problem? Also, I assume they have to sand down the sharp edge and give it some sort of coating... ? Do you by any chance remember any of these details Ken?

Thanks!

Twin Meister
    Both times my fenders were cut, we "saved" the spot welds so as to maintain the structural integrity of the quarter panel....at least that's the theory I go by. My edges are sanded smooth and painted to avoid the ills of dirt, water and general corrosion BS.

Ken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

List your Car(s)

Where you live

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your Supra's Vehichle Identification Number (Not visible to the public)

Log-in